In progress Content ID SCAM planned by Subnetwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2016
Hello Freedom Family,

This is YouTube user ArmedForcesUpdate YouTubes leading military channel from the exclusive Studio71 Network

I am having a big issue with someone inside your network. Two years ago someone inside your network
stole all my videos uploaded them to a channel partnered by Freedom and then activated content ID I had made a post on YT Talk and someone from Freedom removed 100s of false content IDs on my channel.
The False Content IDs were placed just after January the 1st when it's normal for channel earnings to fall. This helps to hide the mass false content ID scam.

I had just detected 2 false content ID claims on my channel from Freedom and I have found a channel full of videos stolen from my channel. So the content ID scammers are primed and ready to strike after January 1st.
I am unable to take the channel down because if I copyright strike I get a false copyright strike back. I am also under cyber attack as who ever is doing this has some great Hacking skills and is trying to get access to my channel. I suspect who ever been doing this has been attacking freedom too.

If you could get a member of management to get back to me would be great.

Regards

ArmedForcesUpdate

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
You would need to provide some evidence of proof before this is passed to management to deal with - as I'm sure you have done in the past. By the looks of your post you are Representative by Studio71 network as such they would also be able to help with this and provide proof that these content ID matches are occuring and are false.

Please bear in mind that if you ever get a flase copyright strike you can always appeal this and this would then be removed from your channel after investigation. As for the hacking attempts I'm not sure Freedom would be able to help with this, and I have heard no mention of any attempts of people trying to attack Freedom but that may have been shared with other members of staff higher up the chain.

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hello Freedom Family,

This is YouTube user ArmedForcesUpdate YouTubes leading military channel from the exclusive Studio71 Network

I am having a big issue with someone inside your network. Two years ago someone inside your network
stole all my videos uploaded them to a channel partnered by Freedom and then activated content ID I had made a post on YT Talk and someone from Freedom removed 100s of false content IDs on my channel.
The False Content IDs were placed just after January the 1st when it's normal for channel earnings to fall. This helps to hide the mass false content ID scam.

I had just detected 2 false content ID claims on my channel from Freedom and I have found a channel full of videos stolen from my channel. So the content ID scammers are primed and ready to strike after January 1st.
I am unable to take the channel down because if I copyright strike I get a false copyright strike back. I am also under cyber attack as who ever is doing this has some great Hacking skills and is trying to get access to my channel. I suspect who ever been doing this has been attacking freedom too.

If you could get a member of management to get back to me would be great.

Regards

ArmedForcesUpdate
Hello @ArmedForcesUpdate,

It really seems like you are having issues with someone here seriously abusing YouTube's CID system. Sadly Freedom! Support couldn't do anything against that. I will be sending you a direct message regarding this issue so we can get it sorted there.

Upvote 0

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
If you have uploaded a video to YouTube and someone uploads a copy of your video go to that video and select the "more" option

Then select "infringes my rights"

Then "infringes my copyright"

If this video is a copy of yours the channel will receive a strike, if there are multiple strikes the channel will be terminated.

Also is the video footage shot by you or do you have full monetization rights of the video? Some videos give the right to upload but don't necessarily include the right to monetize them.

Upvote 0
Dec 20, 2016
A number of videos I have monetization rights given to me. Some are also derivative works copyright.
The videos are not produced by Freedom or belong to a partner of Freedom so freedom has no right to content ID my entire channel.
As I said this has happened before 2 years ago and management removed all the claims and put me on a white list.
Someone has come along and changed all of that. The are a few videos that belong to a freedom partner but that partner allows me to
use and monetize their content.

There is no excuse for a freedom subnetwork to content ID my whole channel.
I just need to get management to fix this up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.