Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
The Freedom! Community Team would like to share our perspective, make announcements when needed, become more involved with everyone, and reflect on things at the end of each week. We decided that weekly forum posts are a great way to do all of this! The team continues to branch out and expand their reach in many ways; such as Discord, Facebook, Twitter, and here on the forums. Who’s on the team? Let's see how many members we can get to reply to this post! Team, reply below! Introduce yourselves, tell everyone how long you've been on the Community Team, whether you have any specific role outside of commenting, and how you feel about being part of the team!

Let's wrap up this week!

Top 3 in the Comments!
The three most active team members in the comments this week were: IBYM GAMING, Hang and Bang Games, and ItsKapow - you can click their names to see their channels.

YouTube Verification Badge Policy Update
Anthony's video about the verification badge policy change, had a lot of buzz this week. This topic in general was pretty "hot" during this entire month. Recently, Freedom! has been informed that there is now a required minimum of 100,000 subscribers in order for people to receive verification ticks in the future. In the past, it was possible occasionally for Freedom! to request verification in certain situations in which they knew for sure of the authenticity of a channel and it's owner. That was how some of the Community Team members that have been around quite awhile were able to have verification offered to them. I believe I can safely speak for all of us that are verified on the team, and say that we never expected or asked for it; it was offered after Freedom! got to know each of us and we'd put months of work in helping people across the YouTube platform. YouTube will not take away the previously granted ticks unless someone with the tick changes their channel name. New and future team members cannot receive verification unless they have 100k+ subs. The recent policy change enforces these changes of verification badge requirements for everybody.

Freedom's Support Article about Verification: http://goo.gl/NTAwQp
YouTube's Help Article about Verification: https://goo.gl/OjjjW4

Community Team is posting free music to C.R.I.B.
You might notice that a few team members are, and will be, posting some free songs under the Audio label in C.R.I.B. for everyone to use! We're carefully selecting songs, mostly from the YouTube Audio Library so far, that we're certain are free for everyone to use - to help everyone with options for background music to use freely! The music we're posting is approved beforehand and we have guidelines we're following. If you aren't a team member that's been given approved songs and a guide for posting, please stick to only posting your own original audio assets and leave these "stock" posts up to Anthony and the CT. We're happy to do this task and hopefully many of you will enjoy using the music!

Fattmat9001 started an Epoxy series on Freedom! Central
We're very proud that our team member Matthew has begun a series to help everyone with learning about how to use Epoxy! Learning about this application, will help partners utilize it better and hopefully create, share, engage, and understand their audience better because of it as well! Epoxy is rich in features, and I look forward to Fattmat9001 sharing more about it! The response to his videos has been really positive so far, it's truly great! The response from some of our other team members has been entertaining to watch in the comments too, these guys are funny!

There are a vast amount of comments about how helpful Fattmat's videos are, and people saying they are now using Epoxy! Some screenshots below, and check out his 1st video and 2nd video to see more!

Reviews for You! #R4U
We're also proud of CT member ItsJustJord for his series where he reviews channels on Freedom! Central. Something that really stuck out for me is in his recent video is when he says "Your channel is a product. Sell it!" because it's so true! All YouTube creators are building their brand as they produce content, socialize with people, interact with their audience and other people on social media as well. It's so important to be aware of how you're representing yourself, and put your best foot forward. I'm very glad that Jord agrees, and keeps it in mind when he's out there helping people.

We know that a review series is obviously going to prompt people to ask for reviews in the comment section. I'd like to apologize if team members aren't always sure how to respond to all those comments. Myself and some of the others do try to go ahead and check out channels and leave some feedback sometimes; but on these videos we also try to keep things open for Jord to choose who to pick for his next episode! I'd like to share an example of someone asking to be featured:

^ This is the kind of comment on #R4U that is typical and expected; but this one also gave us a little something to respond to. Having a healthy attitude can go a long way in getting you noticed!

Positive feedback!

In this recent video by George, about the $1,500,000 button, he encouraged partners to comment about their experience with finding Freedom! and being a partner. Some of these comments on this particular video had me feeling so proud to be part of the #FreedomFamily that's for sure! Just like these ones:

How does the Community Team find new members?
Freedom! Central videos, in the comment sections, is where we spend a huge amount of our time! Most team members were discovered there; posting meaningful, accurate, helpful, and sensible comments and replies to other people in the community. The right people naturally stand out, and we take note of it! The Freedom! Discord server is also quickly becoming an amazing way for us to get to know active people in the community better. With almost 1300 members now, it's a great place to collaborate and help each other! Also, we have some eyes here on the Freedom! forums as well! There are so many members on the forums, it can be more difficult to stand out in this crowd honestly. I recommend that if you've been helpful here, also be active in the YouTube comments. I know that once someone catches my attention on YT, I tend to take a peek on the forums to see if they're active here as well. Being a well rounded active member of the community in all of these places is ideal.

All of our current team members are quite loyal members of this community, and we stand by that loyalty. If we see that you're a solid member of the community, the next step is to reach out to you and work on scheduling an interview! I am personally the one that usually conducts the interviews. Will I meet you someday? ;)

That's all for this week!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. From the Community Team to the entire community and all of the beautiful Freedom! Family, we hope you had a great week and we look forward to seeing you around in the coming week! Until next time, best wishes for all of your endeavors and take care!

Last edited:

ZhoustFrags

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Hey Guys, My name is Kamaldeep though many may call me ZhoustFrags as it is my youtube channel name! I have been part of the community team for acouple of weeks now and I reply to the amazing comments of The Freedom Family! The freedom community team has been an wonderful honor to be part of since I get to help others and find brilliant new channels I had never seen before just from the comments in the comment section of Freedom! Also, I get to talk to the amazing members that reside in the freedom community team, all of them have been wonderful and helpful to me and help me fit in with them and the freedom family. Again, It has been a great honor to serve freedom family and all of the community I was able to connect with. I was always into helping others before freedom in other aspects, however, freedom made helping others for me such a more efficient task by adding me to the community team with the other hard working members that are here to help all of you!

And Great Post Ashley! All of you keep up the great work <3

Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
Hey Guys, My name is Kamaldeep though many may call me ZhoustFrags as it is my youtube channel name! I have been part of the community team for acouple of weeks now and I reply to the amazing comments of The Freedom Family! The freedom community team has been an wonderful honor to be part of since I get to help others and find brilliant new channels I had never seen before just from the comments in the comment section of Freedom! Also, I get to talk to the amazing members that reside in the freedom community team, all of them have been wonderful and helpful to me and help me fit in with them and the freedom family. Again, It has been a great honor to serve freedom family and all of the community I was able to connect with. I was always into helping others before freedom in other aspects, however, freedom made helping others for me such a more efficient task by adding me to the community team with the other hard working members that are here to help all of you!

And Great Post Ashley! All of you keep up the great work <3
Thanks for telling everyone about yourself, Zhoust! You're one of our newest recruits, and the only person I've ever interviewed on Discord instead of Skype so far actually! :D

Dealer4519

New User
Freedom! Member
May 28, 2016
My name is Debbie or Dealer4519 on YouTube. I have been with the community team for over 2 months and I do replies to comments left by our Freedom Family! I am happy to be part of the Freedom Community team because I have learned so much and met some wonderful people!

Reactions: Ashley SilverDust

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Seems the Community Team is standing out for it members wich is a great thing to see!

When i joined Freedom a good 3 years back and joined the Forums 2 years back and see the changed that were made in the time being then Freedom is making great steps forward :)

Things like this weekly update gives a quick and good overview for members what important things happened in the past week :D

IBYM GAMING

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
England, Birmingham (BHX)
YouTube
Hey everyone! My names Ibby but most people will know me as IBYM GAMING. I have been in the community team for around 6 and a half months. You also might of seen me on discord which I am a admin on. I joined the community team because I liked helping people! I loved engaging conversations! And for the last 6 months I have tried to help as many people as I can and have also met a lot of new friends! The freedom community team is awesome! Its got some great members! And the community we are are helping is even more awesome! And I think this post will bring the community team even more closer with the #freedomfamily

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
June 15th, it feels like it hasn't been that long so far with being on the team :eek: I started off with posting on the forums, and I slowly went over to working on the Freedom videos. Even George recommended that it was ideal to be apparent in a few places ^^

I've been making more videos for Freedom lately, and I'm hoping to start working with members personally! Helping people is ideal for me, because I really didn't have a mentor growing up on YouTube. It's wonderful to have a helping hand with starting off everything here :p

Lastly, time seems to be something I lack at times, but we all manage to make it work. I'm glad that the community team is in place, because it allows a lot of us to help the average joe out in their time of need! Thanks again for making the weekly posts Ashley, they are refreshing to read ^^

HelixBrightstar

Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hello, everyone!

I joined the Community Team on June 4th, 2016. I am so glad I did as the entire team are all such an amazing group to work with and we all have the same simple goal - to help you. Certainly the execution of helping people in the comments can at times be anything but simple and that is one of the benefits of being a team, we can all pool our knowledge and solve any problem, answer any question or point out the correct direction for successful resolutions. That is why I say, as a team the Freedom Community Team is amazing!

The whole reason I became a content creator on YouTube is to give back to a community of people, creators and viewers alike, who have been so very helpful to me in so many ways. I am still a viewer as well as a content creator. I learn a lot of things on a daily basis that not only benefit myself, but also enable me to help you in more ways and more effectively. As a small channel, I actually practice things I recommend. If I recommend it, it is always because I have taken the time to research the Google/YouTube help articles to know it first. Accuracy, truth and fact all work together in harmony and are very beneficial to all of us and I strive to deliver accurate, truthful and factual responses to your comments because I genuinely want to help as many people as I can.

I am very grateful for the opportunity to be a volunteer for the Freedom Network and #FreedomFamily as a member of the Freedom Community Team!

Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
Introduce yourselves, tell everyone how long you've been on the Community Team, whether you have any specific role outside of commenting, and how you feel about being part of the team!
This is only slightly awkward, haha. I nearly forgot to answer my own request!

I was brought into the Community Team back in February, in it's very early days. Hard to believe it's been almost seven months since the beginning! I love being part of the Community Team, it's enriched my entire YouTube experience. I've been a Freedom! partner since early 2015, and have been proud to be part of this community since the first day I was accepted! On the Community Team, I do a lot of managing and monitoring in various ways and areas. I try my best to keep track of the goings on in the community; which certainly is useful for writing these weekly wrap ups! Also, I create promo style clips of Freedom! videos using Epoxy, and post those on Freedom's Twitter feed, and I've been helping a lot with the fairly new FreedomFamilyRT Twitter account. I'm not a social media pro, but I've been dabbling in Twitter and trying to be helpful in that area. I have an image in my head of what the future could look like for Freedom! and the community, and the Community Team... and I've gotta say that it's looking good!

I'm happy to be part of this adventure, learning and sharing new things all the time, and getting to know so many amazing people.

I hope everyone is doing well this week. :)