Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
The Freedom! Community Team would like to share our perspective, make announcements when needed, become more involved with everyone, and reflect on things at the end of each week. We decided that weekly forum posts are a great way to do all of this!

What is the Community Team? The motto of "No Comments Left Behind" is our major focus. Team members are out there on Freedom! Central striving to write meaningful, thoughtful, helpful comments and replies beneath every Freedom! video. The team continues to branch out and expand their reach in many ways; such as Discord, Facebook, Twitter, and here on the forums. Who’s on the team? Here’s a playlist of Community Team Channel Trailers: https://goo.gl/x4eY6C

As representatives of the #FreedomFamily the Community Team enjoys keeping an eye on how everyone is interacting, topics that might be trending in the community, and activity on Freedom! Central. It's always interesting to reflect on which videos had the most comments, what types of conversations were going on, funny moments that might have happened, as well as things we all might have learned.​

Let's wrap up this week!

YouTube Strike Policy

• George's video about the strike policy change had the most views this week, and best like to dislike ratio overall for the week too! This subject inspired some good comments like this one:

Freedom! C.R.I.B.

• The forum contest for this month has been C.R.I.B. themed, and has had a great amount of buzz surrounding it this week. Have you noticed the #FreeCrib bonus entry tweets on Twitter? The contest for July is ending very soon, and seems to be ending on a strong note! We're happy to see the participation, entries, and engagement on the thread! :)
  • C.R.I.B. is young and changes based on community feedback! They've added a more granular GFX section so users can tell at a glance what type of resources they're looking at. Plus, you can now click the pretty colored prefixes to be taken to whole sections; which makes narrowing down options really easy. Here's an example of a list of just banners! https://freedom.community.tm/crib/?prefix_id=16

Thank you to the community for submitting this idea and others!!
  • George's video about C.R.I.B. had the most comments this week, including funny ones like this:

Community Team member exposed George!

Well, not really exposed, but she did interview him! Dealer 4519 attended VidCon last month and got to meet George while she was there! This week we all finally got to see the
video of the interview! Let's check out some positive reactions from the community:

MGN is going through changes!

Anthony and Jake made a video announcing Jake's new role as Head of MGN to everyone over on the MGN channel. Definitely check out the video if you haven't seen it yet! I'd like to also take this opportunity to say that one of our Community Team members is also getting very involved with MGN, his name is Layanor - you've likely seen him around, especially if you've joined the Freedom! Discord server! Layanor is becoming the Head of Community for MGN; we are extremely proud of him! So head on over to the MGN channel and encourage them, they have some hard work ahead of them, and amazing people taking on the tasks at hand!

Bloopers!

So many people seem to be enjoying George's newfound passion for bloopers!
Good times! Look at these great comments:

To conclude this weekly wrap up I'd like to say thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope you like this idea and would want us to continue doing posts like this! I'd love to hear suggestions and feedback. Communication is important and vital to growth and success in all areas of life really. From the Community Team to the entire community and all of the beautiful Freedom! Family, we hope you had a great week and we look forward to seeing you around in the coming week! Until next time, best wishes for all of your endeavors and take care!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
There was one thing painfully missing from this weekly though: the end of the community team (or any MCN-advantage) verified ticks! :eek:

For anyone wondering, this video sums it up what happened pretty well:

I wrote the post on Friday the 22nd, the video you're talking about was published Monday the 25th. This is why it wasn't included. I'll be putting the next weekly wrap up together Friday night, the 29th! :)

Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
Great overview of the updates :)

And regarding the changes of MGN as a Moderator on their forums i have met Layanor and Jake the moment they joined and had a chat with them, seems promising and i am looking forward in working with them to improve the network :D

Jake and Layanor are amazing!! :D Glad to hear that you're working with them too. You're pretty awesome as well, from what I've seen! :) The future does look promising!

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Jake and Layanor are amazing!! :D Glad to hear that you're working with them too. You're pretty awesome as well, from what I've seen! :) The future does look promising!
Thanks! :oops:

Doing our best to get things started again with MGN, good thing were all on the same line and i am always happy to help fellow members. The future with Freedom and MGN is indeed a promising one and with all the things and updates in mind it will become even better then it already is :D