1. We use cookies! By continuing, you're agreeing to our cookie policy. Learn More.
  2. Collaboration is one of the best ways to grow your audience. Participate in Freedom!'s Collaboration Beta Project now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!
    Dismiss Notice

Community Bounties for your promotion threads!

Discussion in 'Promote Yourself!' started by LW001, Nov 16, 2017.

?

Are you excited about this?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LW001

LW001 Last Mod Standing Moderator Wiki Contributor Beta Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    Hey, I'm LW and I'm a great advocate of making the promotion section useful to everyone. I came up with an idea (Sure I kinda took inspiration from Stack Overflow but doesn't matter) to create bounties for threads in the promotion section.

Why am I doing this?
    The promotion section was a video dump for as long as I can remember. I've made some suggestions in the past on penalizing dumpy threads but they all didn't really cut it yet. While a solution to this may be implemented in foreseeable future I thought I'd run in and help it until then.

How will the bounties work?
    I'll be monitoring the Promotion section closely every month and seek out the best 3-5 threads there. The best three to five threads will be put into this thread and receive credits.

Every month I'll be putting at least 100 Credits or more on the line. 50% will go towards the highest voted thread's poster and the other 50% will be split between the people who gave a good review on it. What defines a "good" review is up to my discretion (after all I'm the one hosting this) but I'll let your common sense work out what I'll be basing it off of.

Here are the full rules:
    • The description must not be the exact same as your YouTube video Description (If you copy everything including a wall of Social Media Links that won't happen.)
    • The thread must not have been posted anywhere but in the promotion section (This includes if a moderator moved it to the section, I can see that)
    • The thread must comply with the Forum Rules
    • Don't post your thread as a reply to this one. That's spam and will get it disqualified.
    • I reserve the right not to count threads in for any reason including ones not listed here.
    The rules for reviews:
    • Be respectful. "Your video is bad" is honest feedback but say why and give ways to improve.
    • Review the video, not the thread, the person's profile picture or Forum Signature.
    • Vote for the best thread after reviewing them.
    • To save me work, only replies to threads count, reviews in the Media section will not.
    • I reserve the right not to count any reply for any reason including ones not listed here.
    And most importantly:
    DO IT FOR FUN.
    Be nice, help others grow, don't only ask for your videos to be watched, watch someone else's.

To stay updated when this happens, subscribe to this thread.

This is a project by me and not the Freedom! Admin or Moderator team. They are not responsible for this.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    RockieGO and zeke morgan like this.
  2. riganthor

riganthor Distinguished User Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    sounds like a good initiative LW, I hope it helps a bit more with actually ending the dumpinground thing

3. Dev_J

Dev_J "You don't know me...but you will" Retired Moderator Wiki Contributor Beta Freedom! Member Event Winner 2017

Forum Posts:
    I definitely be interested to see how this goes. Sounds on paper to be a good idea :)

4. Crazylawrence

Crazylawrence MLG Elite Retired Moderator Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    Anything to dispose of the already known 'dumping ground' is a good idea, Though I cannot say that the forum team is fully a go with this idea, if you are able to monitor it yourself, then by all means do so.

5. Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed Mythic User Retired Administrator Retired Moderator

Forum Posts:
    Only just found this thread, added as a sticky as long as @LW001 is still doing it. Will also match amount of credits also

6. LW001

Forum Posts:
    December 2017

Happy new year everyone. Thanks to @Koala_Steamed for stickying this thing, better not disappoint ;)

Out of 214 Threads created in December, a total of 27 Threads have moved on to Stage 2. This means they include a description which is relatively long and not copied from YouTube. Of those I selected the 8 that stood out to me I shortened it down to the last 5. They are as follows:

Total Credits given out for Threads: 150

I don't know whether or not I used to decide to do it but now I will:
    Let's give out 100 more to people replying with critiques, discussions etc.

I hope I was able to catch everything. See anything I left out? Don't agree with my decisions? Tell me in the replies below. Credits will be sent out ASAP, if you haven't gotten them shoot me a direct Message.

Keep replying to threads and putting in effort everyone! Also reply to the winning threads above with some Feedback and Love, those will count towards next month's reward possibilities too!

Credits have now been sent out. Proof: https://imgur.com/a/61qfG

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  7. noblepanda

noblepanda Full Member

Forum Posts:
    Thanks man :) glad to have contributed!!

Koala_Steamed likes this.
  8. TheGaminCentral

TheGaminCentral Distinguished User Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    Thank you so much....Would work more on description here and keep on creating threads like this
    Its actually really nice to get something and be recognized by some people here!

Koala_Steamed likes this.
  9. TheCodyNetwork

TheCodyNetwork Rising User Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    Thank you very much for including my forum post in this new style of thread! I'm glad to be apart of this community and I will continue to make my posts enjoyable to read and full of color as well as enthusiasm. Oh and cheers for the credits! :D Thank you again and happy new year!

10. Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed Mythic User Retired Administrator Retired Moderator

Forum Posts:
    Also sent credits out ;)

11. Deathlake

Deathlake Full Member

Forum Posts:
    Thank you for the credit!, its a lovely extra incentive for people to interact with one and another more ^^

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  12. Amadeus Videos

Amadeus Videos Respected User Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    Thank you for the recognition :)

13. LW001

Forum Posts:
    BREAKING NEWS ON THIS

This month will mainly reward feedback in replies to Promotion Section threads given recent events. Give Feedback on people's posts and earn sweet credits.

14. Digu Casillas

Digu Casillas New User

Forum Posts:
    Broken hearts with tears
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 21, 2018 ---

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  15. LW001

Forum Posts:
    January 2018

I know I'm late, XenForo is bad at drafts so the halfway completed post has been killed twice already ;-;

Out of 337 Threads created in December, a total of 12 Threads have moved on to Stage 2. This means they include a description which is relatively long and not copied from YouTube. Of those I selected the 8 that stood out to me I shortened it down to the last 5. They are as follows:

Total Credits given out for Threads: 275

As the 4k/1k rule has arrived a lot of people need Feedback and people watching videos posted, which is why I'm giving out a ton of credits for that starting now:

Total Credits given out for replies: 350

I hope I was able to catch everything. See anything I left out? Don't agree with my decisions? Tell me in the replies below. Credits will be sent out ASAP, if you haven't gotten them shoot me a direct Message.

Keep replying to threads and putting in effort everyone! Also reply to the winning threads above with some Feedback and Love, those will count towards next month's reward possibilities too!

As usual, proof: https://i.imgur.com/JTTSNhx.png

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  16. Smart Facts UK

Smart Facts UK Well-Known User Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    This is a great thread should be given a place on the news board on the homepage :)

17. TekKnite

TekKnite Rising User

Forum Posts:
    Thank you so much for checking out the thread and promoting my content. I super appreciate it. I apologize for not using paragraphs. I know I should. I was just listing things about my channel trying to get people interested. The freedom family has been helping me with the daily grind and at this point I am only 95 subs away from 1000 and only 312 hours away from 4k hours. Much love to the freedom family <3

xXWeedXx xXMadMexXx and LW001 like this.
  18. Somali - Entertainment

Somali - Entertainment Respected User Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    i have 25M views
    57k subscribe
    61M watching

19. LW001

Forum Posts:
    Well uh congrats

20. Somali - Entertainment

Somali - Entertainment Respected User Freedom! Member