Boosting posts on facebook?

G

Gods of Odds

Does anyone know or think it's worth boosting posts on facebook to apparently make it so more people see it?

G

Gods of Odds

I'm not really much of a facebook user, but what exactly does boosting the posts do?
It's meant to make it so a lot more people see the post but I find it quite unlikely that it actually makes any difference.

Darth_Tribal

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2014
YouTube
matt_wasteland
I used to do this with a few posts from my old band's page on occasion. It does increase the amount of views the posts get but I think it depends greatly on what it is you're trying toi promote. Gaming videos for example aren't very successful in generating those views of the post into views of the video as most people aren't interested in gaming videos. If you were boosting say a post about a competition or something that you're confident will generate a lot of interest then I'd say go for it. But I guess it also depends on how much money you're willing to put into promotion. You've also got to be aware of how much it might be worth it. I've promoted a new song release before, spent £10 boosting the post which generated a few thousand views of the post but only around 20-30 listens of the track. (£20 for 30 listens...not really worth it). If you had loads of money behind you and are willing to take the financial hit to get started or you already have a large following, that boost can multiply the overall spread if that makes any sense? (Probably going off on a tangent here), but say for example you have 100 subscribers/followers, and that boost generates an extra 3 subscribers/followers compared to having 10,000 subscribers which could generate an extra 300 subscribers/follwers. Basically there are a lot of different factors to think about that all add to each other. Hope that makes sense and I'm not just talking out of my behind?

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
Make the post and then wait awhile to get organic views first. Track each day on how many views you get. When it starts to die down quite a bit. That is the time you should do a small boost to hopefully start it back up to get organic views again.

Make sure you target the boost to the right audience or it's just a waste of money.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Oddly enough I once boosted a post on Facebook and they never ended up charging me for it... It was only like $1 though.

From my experience with that, you'll probably get about 10-20 actions per 1000 views of the boosted post.