Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2015
Kuwait
www.youtube.com
YouTube
HFOShow
Hello Everybody!

This Topic Is Only Based On Opinion!

So Everybody Or Most People Want To Know What Is The Best Equipment To Start A Youtube Channel Or Even Just To Enjoy Gaming Experience .. SO HERE ARE THE EQUIPMENT!
---------------

For PC Gamers

Of Course Everybody Knows That You Need A Kinda Of A Good PC To Enjoy The Gaming Experience Without Any Interruption Because Nobody Want To Play DOTA For Example And Get Killed By Phoenix Nobody Wants That , So Here Are The Minimum Specifications To Be Able To Enjoy Your Game!

1 - RAM = 8GB The Least Because You Will Need Multitasking When Recording!

2- Processor = I5 The Least!

3 - Graphics Card = 2GB Nvidia And What Ever That Equals That In AMD That Is The Most Important Element For PC Gamers

4 - OBS Or Fraps = This Is Specifically For Youtubers If They Want To Capture Some Good Quality Content Than They Should Use Those!

-----------------

For Console Gamers

This Section Is For Players Who Use Consoles To Do Gameplays , And Of Course This Is Really Different Than The PC Requirment Because You Just Need To Buy The Console As A Start , But Then You Will Need The Recording Equipment Which Is Even Easier , But It Will Cost You A Little Bit!

So Simply You Will Need A Capture Card!

Options :

1 - Elgato Game Capture HD Or HD60 :
In My Opinion I Think Its The Best Capture Card In The Market , Its Easy To Use And Also It Has Its Own Software Which Have Some Really Good Features Like The Ability To Separate The Game Audio And The Live Commentary For You To Edit Them

2- Avermedia :
As Long As Its HD Its Really Is Fine . Avermedia Is Another Good Option To Capture Gameplays It Can Be Called One Of The Best Capture Cards Around!

-----------

For Commentators :

This Section Here Is For Both PC Gamers And Console Gamers Who Are Live Commentators

So The First Step To Grow On Youtube Is To Have High Quality Content , And That Is Not Something New , But What Are The Options To Have An Overall Good Video?

1- A GOOD MIC : The Options Here Are

A -The Blue Snowball : I Use That Mic Myself And Its WONDERFULLY GOOD! It Is Also Not Expensive!

B- The Blue Yeti : This Mic Is Even Better With Even Better Higher Duality And Features .. The Blue Yeti Maybe Expensive A Little Bit , But Its Really Worth It!

2- Webcams :

I Have One Recommendation On That Subject Which Is The Logitech C920 , I Just Ordered That Webcam And Saw Many Reviews That It Is One Of The Best If Not The Best Webcam Around .. It Is Not That Expensive I Got It Around 100 DOLLARS!!

------------

So Hope This Thread Was Useful To You Guys , Hope You Enjoyed It , And Most Of All Hope You Like It!

Last edited:

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Good thread, though I would have gone into more detail on the video card and your method for capturing. Fraps is...iffy and the memory size of your video card really says little about it's propensity for handling graphics.

Still, handy for new youtubers wanting to know where to start.

HFOShow

Ambitious Entertainer
Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2015
Kuwait
www.youtube.com
YouTube
HFOShow
Good thread, though I would have gone into more detail on the video card and your method for capturing. Fraps is...iffy and the memory size of your video card really says little about it's propensity for handling graphics.

Still, handy for new youtubers wanting to know where to start.

I AGREE MAN! .. I Should Of Gone For More Details! :D But Thanks Anyways!

SomeGuyDude

Rising User
Aug 15, 2015
Texas
YouTube
someguydudeGAME
I gotta disagree with a few of these... forgive me! XD

You don't need more than 8GB RAM or a good solid modern i5 as a gamer, that's not gonna be the weak link in your chain. Yeah an i7 will help you render faster, but even Adobe says there's not much need for anything over 16GB of RAM. So feel confident in putting the cash into the GPU, not the memory and CPU. I know you said AT LEAST up there, but I don't want folks thinking that if they're rolling on 8GB/i5 they're bottom of the barrel and need to upgrade. I've seen dudes with SOLID gaming rigs at 4GB and older i5s.

Think of it like this: it might take you longer to render the video, but it'll look better because you could play it on better settings and record it at a higher framerate. Get that 390/970 with cheaper memory/CPU rather than knocking down the GPU to afford more memory and processor.

OBS is good for streaming, FRAPS is good for helping people understand why you should use something else. OBS will WORK if you really need it to (as a recording application), but something more robust like DXTory or Action is far superior. If you have an nVidia card and you're on a budget, ShadowPlay can do wonders. I think a few guys (JackSepticEye for example) use Bandicam, but I had mixed results.

On the mic side... okay. The Yeti is ALL RIGHT, but there are so many better USB microphones out there. The M-Audio Vocal Studio is surprisingly solid, the CAD U37 is probably the best "cheap" mic you'll get, and the Audio Technica AT2020+ is the king of the hill for USB mics thus far in my experience. I have yet to see much on the Neat line, but I use their King Bee which is STELLAR so it's possible their Bumblebee might turn into el numero uno. Not sure yet. I'm wildly unimpressed with the Yeti.

Keep in mind that's just in terms of budget USB microphones! We're not even talking the big boys. Hop up into the XLR world and things change wildly.

And that's still sticking with an actual webcam for the video instead of a digital camera which, IMO, is sub-optimal because it's gobbling up system resources capturing that video and AFAIK none of them will do 1080p60 (I have the c920 for streaming and I know it won't).

I hope I don't sound like an ass coming in here as a newbie, I just really, really have a passion for production quality so I pumped a LOT of work into hammering out all the issues with it on mine. I may not have a great channel yet in terms of content, but I'd argue I've got my production on point. I've used EVERY recording software, I've tried about a dozen microphones both USB and XLR, myriad codecs and compression types. It's just a thing I like a lot. XD

Anyway, just a bunch of stuff on my mind! No big deal.

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
Disagree entirely on the OP mic choice, those mics are average at best.

Also in terms of recording software, Fraps and OBS are 2 of the worst around. OBS gives lower quality and massive CPU use. Fraps is just a resource hog.

SomeGuyDude

Rising User
Aug 15, 2015
Texas
YouTube
someguydudeGAME
Well keep in mind OBS was never designed to record. It's streaming software, which is why nothing is separated. It's STELLAR for streaming (I use it), but for recording it's only good if you literally cannot afford anything else.

HFOShow

Ambitious Entertainer
Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2015
Kuwait
www.youtube.com
YouTube
HFOShow
I gotta disagree with a few of these... forgive me! XD

You don't need more than 8GB RAM or a good solid modern i5 as a gamer, that's not gonna be the weak link in your chain. Yeah an i7 will help you render faster, but even Adobe says there's not much need for anything over 16GB of RAM. So feel confident in putting the cash into the GPU, not the memory and CPU. I know you said AT LEAST up there, but I don't want folks thinking that if they're rolling on 8GB/i5 they're bottom of the barrel and need to upgrade. I've seen dudes with SOLID gaming rigs at 4GB and older i5s.

Think of it like this: it might take you longer to render the video, but it'll look better because you could play it on better settings and record it at a higher framerate. Get that 390/970 with cheaper memory/CPU rather than knocking down the GPU to afford more memory and processor.

OBS is good for streaming, FRAPS is good for helping people understand why you should use something else. OBS will WORK if you really need it to (as a recording application), but something more robust like DXTory or Action is far superior. If you have an nVidia card and you're on a budget, ShadowPlay can do wonders. I think a few guys (JackSepticEye for example) use Bandicam, but I had mixed results.

On the mic side... okay. The Yeti is ALL RIGHT, but there are so many better USB microphones out there. The M-Audio Vocal Studio is surprisingly solid, the CAD U37 is probably the best "cheap" mic you'll get, and the Audio Technica AT2020+ is the king of the hill for USB mics thus far in my experience. I have yet to see much on the Neat line, but I use their King Bee which is STELLAR so it's possible their Bumblebee might turn into el numero uno. Not sure yet. I'm wildly unimpressed with the Yeti.

Keep in mind that's just in terms of budget USB microphones! We're not even talking the big boys. Hop up into the XLR world and things change wildly.

And that's still sticking with an actual webcam for the video instead of a digital camera which, IMO, is sub-optimal because it's gobbling up system resources capturing that video and AFAIK none of them will do 1080p60 (I have the c920 for streaming and I know it won't).

I hope I don't sound like an ass coming in here as a newbie, I just really, really have a passion for production quality so I pumped a LOT of work into hammering out all the issues with it on mine. I may not have a great channel yet in terms of content, but I'd argue I've got my production on point. I've used EVERY recording software, I've tried about a dozen microphones both USB and XLR, myriad codecs and compression types. It's just a thing I like a lot. XD

Anyway, just a bunch of stuff on my mind! No big deal.

Disagree entirely on the OP mic choice, those mics are average at best.

Also in terms of recording software, Fraps and OBS are 2 of the worst around. OBS gives lower quality and massive CPU use. Fraps is just a resource hog.

GUYS GUYS EASY!! .. Your Probably Right , But This Thread Is For Beginner Gamers Who Can't Afford Things!!

BUT REALLY THANK YOU FOR THE FEEDBACK I REALLY LIKE WHAT YOU SAID @SomeGuyDude , YOU ARE RIGHT BECAUSE JUST TODAY I TRIED TO CAPTURE 60 FPS ON OBS , AND THINGS GOT COMPLICATED!! , But Please I Need Help With This One .. WHICH SOFTWARE SHOULD I USE! FOR BETTER QUALITY! , AND IS THE C920 GOOD ENOUGH ON GAMEPLAYS! Because I Use It , And Its Good For Me!

SomeGuyDude

Rising User
Aug 15, 2015
Texas
YouTube
someguydudeGAME
GUYS GUYS EASY!! .. Your Probably Right , But This Thread Is For Beginner Gamers Who Can't Afford Things!!

BUT REALLY THANK YOU FOR THE FEEDBACK I REALLY LIKE WHAT YOU SAID @SomeGuyDude , YOU ARE RIGHT BECAUSE JUST TODAY I TRIED TO CAPTURE 60 FPS ON OBS , AND THINGS GOT COMPLICATED!! , But Please I Need Help With This One .. WHICH SOFTWARE SHOULD I USE! FOR BETTER QUALITY! , AND IS THE C920 GOOD ENOUGH ON GAMEPLAYS! Because I Use It , And Its Good For Me!

Fair point! But if that's the case, call it "budget friendly" or something like that, you know? Not being mean or anything, just offering my two cents. :)

For better quality? I say Mirillis Action. If you want to get ONE piece of software, get that. It'll take care of everything, records at 1080p60, does a separate mic track, can do window/desktop capture for when certain games don't work well with direct capture (DXtory ONLY does direct). It's also pretty simple to use.

The c920 is definitely great for a webcam. AFAIK it's the webcam everyone uses unless they have an actual digital camcorder that can do live streaming through USB (and I don't know how many do that). The c930e is better, but it's not much better despite costing a bunch more.

Dang I almost feel like making a guide myself. XD

HFOShow

Ambitious Entertainer
Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2015
Kuwait
www.youtube.com
YouTube
HFOShow
Fair point! But if that's the case, call it "budget friendly" or something like that, you know? Not being mean or anything, just offering my two cents. :)

For better quality? I say Mirillis Action. If you want to get ONE piece of software, get that. It'll take care of everything, records at 1080p60, does a separate mic track, can do window/desktop capture for when certain games don't work well with direct capture (DXtory ONLY does direct). It's also pretty simple to use.

The c920 is definitely great for a webcam. AFAIK it's the webcam everyone uses unless they have an actual digital camcorder that can do live streaming through USB (and I don't know how many do that). The c930e is better, but it's not much better despite costing a bunch more.

Dang I almost feel like making a guide myself. XD

REALLY THANK YOU VERY MUCH! .. I read about the mirllis , but i didn't know much about it! .. i really will take this into consideration :D THANK YOU!!

Loliplol

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 8, 2014
YouTube
Gotta comment about mics. Since here in Europe, blue microphones have to be bought from outside, then shipping + some cost to import it is just too expensive. I bought my Samson C01U Pro for about $100 with free shipping, and it has soooo much better sound than Blue Snowball. It doesn't have some features like pattern change button, but it has a headphone port, comes with a stand and has a built in shockmount. That is just amazing for $100. Also, sound quality is the best I ever had. But, Blue Snowball (and if more money, Blue Yeti) are great microphones for their price, offer a great quality sound and you can't go wrong with them.

Banana Capon

Rising User
Mar 8, 2015
YouTube
This post is very helpful. I just want to say that recording with FRAPS isn't that good. Uncompressed files are very big and it bothered me a lot. I prefer to record with OBS(which you also mentioned). You can record your screen with it and webcam as well :) (and also live stream!)

Reactions: Loliplol