should they add beam.pro to freedom?

• Total voters

Dewittejager

Rising User
May 22, 2016
YouTube
dewittejager
So hello guys,

I would like to ask you if you want freedom to add beam.pro to ther dashboard and support for example just like hitbox. Beam provides good features great opurtunitys for example today i was the only one streaming csgo there is no better way then this.

so there is a poll just ask your self support for twitch is never gonna come because twitch declined is the past.
And to my opinion i dont like hitbox (to twitch wanna be) my opinion dont take it to serously.

what are the great things about beam?

• interavtive streaming supporting all the games
  • visual controls
  • low delay FTL 0,2 seconds to be exact
  • sparks, levels and achievements
  • android and ios apps
  • nice community
  • great support
  • become partner a little easier than twitch

So those are the things what are great about beam.pro but what are the negatives.

• small community
  • people dont know what beam is
We can change this if we the freedom family masively are going to stream on beam we can change this. For all those small, midium youtubers who are starting out on twitch begin streaming on beam test it for a week atleast see what you think about it. maybe this changes your live maybe not.

Vote for this so that freedom can start a contract and support this platform just like the others.

Beam.pro in my opion is a greatway to grow your audiance and they are small enough to support freedom.
papa George if you read this add beam to freedom

Thanks for reading and voting
dewittejager

Last edited:

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Interesting!

I haven't heard of Beam.pro prior to reading this thread. Went to their website and I'm very impressed with how solid of a platform it is. I'll make sure to forward this suggestion to someone more capable of these kind of things than myself like @Stefan Grant. :)

Thank you for posting!

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
The platform looks really cool I'm going to look into this a bit more :) I can't say we will get it but it's definitely a platform that warrants a deeper look for us.

Stef

Reactions: Danny

Dewittejager

Rising User
May 22, 2016
YouTube
dewittejager
im sure beam pro is a good main stream platform instead of twitch because freedom cant support twitch maybe they can support beam.pro and thats makes my life fantastic again.
dont forget to vote on this subject.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
im sure beam pro is a good main stream platform instead of twitch because freedom cant support twitch maybe they can support beam.pro and thats makes my life fantastic again.
dont forget to vote on this subject.
We would have to prove that Beam.Pro could see a good revenue boost from the increase in usage due to our partner activity. Otherwise they won't want to grant partners a $8/mo subscription for nothing if they won't see it back.

Dewittejager

Rising User
May 22, 2016
YouTube
dewittejager
We would have to prove that Beam.Pro could see a good revenue boost from the increase in usage due to our partner activity. Otherwise they won't want to grant partners a $8/mo subscription for nothing if they won't see it back.

true but the thing is that they wont partner anyone they still have to prove them self otherwise the viewer / streamer eco system screws up

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
true but the thing is that they wont partner anyone they still have to prove them self otherwise the viewer / streamer eco system screws up
So then we shouldn't partner with them. As far as I see it is, it would just be a way of circumventing their partnering process and it would not be good for their business.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
After looking at it some and doing some short livestreams, I can conclude that this service is not worth adding to the Freedom! belt at this time.
Until the point where they can tell you what's going on with a specific game by the number of people playing it, rather than a double-digit value for those watching it, then it'll be more appropriate to see what's what with them.

Seriously, Minecraft is their most viewed game, with 30 people watching now. That's spread out among 3 livesteams, one of which has no watchers at all. It maxes out around 100. There's no way they'll compete with Twitch at this scale.

Dewittejager

Rising User
May 22, 2016
YouTube
dewittejager
After looking at it some and doing some short livestreams, I can conclude that this service is not worth adding to the Freedom! belt at this time.
Until the point where they can tell you what's going on with a specific game by the number of people playing it, rather than a double-digit value for those watching it, then it'll be more appropriate to see what's what with them.

Seriously, Minecraft is their most viewed game, with 30 people watching now. That's spread out among 3 livesteams, one of which has no watchers at all. It maxes out around 100. There's no way they'll compete with Twitch at this scale.

This means you dont understand anything about beam and the way you talk about it competing with twitch they dont even try to compete with twitch because MATT (owner of beam) know they win soon as the community is bigger i met alot of people on the first day on beam and they all sad the same beam is better than twitch because if you like community interaction with your audiance no delay makes this way easier to have a conversation with your viewers.

anyway i still think this should be added to freedom even if they dont within a year or 2 when they realise ooh guys lets ask beam to work together they are too late because i believe and i dream that beam is one day community wise bigger as twitch just because they are way nicer within the community but i gues you dont understand it this way because your exp dont let you see it that way anyway 75% so far voted yes and if we make this poll more noticeble people will vote and we will see what they the freedom family wants

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
This means you dont understand anything about beam and the way you talk about it competing with twitch they dont even try to compete with twitch because MATT (owner of beam) know they win soon as the community is bigger i met alot of people on the first day on beam and they all sad the same beam is better than twitch because if you like community interaction with your audiance no delay makes this way easier to have a conversation with your viewers.

anyway i still think this should be added to freedom even if they dont within a year or 2 when they realise ooh guys lets ask beam to work together they are too late because i believe and i dream that beam is one day community wise bigger as twitch just because they are way nicer within the community but i gues you dont understand it this way because your exp dont let you see it that way anyway 75% so far voted yes and if we make this poll more noticeble people will vote and we will see what they the freedom family wants
If they're going to compete with anyone, it's going to be twitch. Twitch is the home team when it comes to game streaming, and unless Beam.Pro can offer something entirely unique to their services, they don't stand a chance in the market.

But I am dead serious. Until they begin to list off games by number of people playing rather than number of people watching, they won't stand a chance in that market. Across the entire website, right now, there is a grand total of 357 people watching. It's hardly even appealing to a content creator right now when there is 460,000 watching on Twitch in the 12 featured games alone. Making it alot more feasible to stream to Twitch right now. With a little time and a calculator, I managed to determine there is ~623,600 people watching in the games that bothered to show up (which the lowest one still had more viewing that Beam.Pro does in total)
For Freedom!, a business, it would not be proper business to get a business partnership with a streaming site less than 0.057% the size of Twitch. It might be something to keep an eye on, but unless it is an outlet that is going to net Freedom! a good portion of dough for it's own uses, I can't see Freedom! partnering with it.

I'm not going to deny that the service is presented better than Twitch, but it doesn't offer more than Twitch does, which is why I reject the notion to add it to the list of potential Freedom! partner businesses.

Dewittejager

Rising User
May 22, 2016
YouTube
dewittejager
If they're going to compete with anyone, it's going to be twitch. Twitch is the home team when it comes to game streaming, and unless Beam.Pro can offer something entirely unique to their services, they don't stand a chance in the market.

But I am dead serious. Until they begin to list off games by number of people playing rather than number of people watching, they won't stand a chance in that market. Across the entire website, right now, there is a grand total of 357 people watching. It's hardly even appealing to a content creator right now when there is 460,000 watching on Twitch in the 12 featured games alone. Making it alot more feasible to stream to Twitch right now. With a little time and a calculator, I managed to determine there is ~623,600 people watching in the games that bothered to show up (which the lowest one still had more viewing that Beam.Pro does in total)
For Freedom!, a business, it would not be proper business to get a business partnership with a streaming site less than 0.057% the size of Twitch. It might be something to keep an eye on, but unless it is an outlet that is going to net Freedom! a good portion of dough for it's own uses, I can't see Freedom! partnering with it.

I'm not going to deny that the service is presented better than Twitch, but it doesn't offer more than Twitch does, which is why I reject the notion to add it to the list of potential Freedom! partner businesses.

so this mean your totaly relying on know facts that true but only for not community streamers. unless your a partner with twitch what is nowadays not quite easy to get to start with your not gaining any views if your not playing a game that has potential on twitch. most of the views and recourses of twitch gos to eSports and events and the top listed games and even only to the partner streamers again partnership takes years and years to get. so any other kind of streamer doest get reconized in this system en most of the time those people are the true heart of twitch they believe in something they get betrayed with ive spoken to Matt (owner of beam my self) he is really convinced that beam will one day be bigger community wise than twitch. why you ask me because it has better features for the community than twitch has, it has new improvement to the market but you dont seem to realize that because your only looking at number because they have FTL (faster than light) 0,2 second delay on stream. they have a way to play a game with thousand of people (viewers can play a game) so this is all new and ther still rolling out inprovements and new features everymonth to beam unless your stupid what im not agree with since your quite good at math you need to dig deeper in to the product / market before you make rude arcusations about something you dont fully understand

and for my grammar I AM DUTCH / NETHERLANDS SO I DONT CARE ABOUT ENGLISH GRAMMAR

MRVDOG

New User
Sep 18, 2015
York, UK
mrvdog.com
YouTube
MR_VDOG
I know this is an old thread, but I agree, Freedom needs to support Beam, I've only been a Beam user for 6 months but I love the site, I'm an Admin, mod and now a good friend for one of the very first partners (tlovetech), I have friends within Beam, and I'm part of the dev team for one of (if not THE) first Beam Bot, if Freedom added Beam then I would probably start streaming too :p so I have voted yes :)