Comments BE CAREFUL how you label,tag and describe your vids!

Do you have any restricted videos you didn't know about?

• yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

CommonFamilySurvival

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Thought I'd share what I have been dealing with for the last month or so and maybe help the Freedom family out in the process.
A month ago or so I noticed a severe drop in views and revenue from most of my vids on my channel with further inspection there were no red flags, de monitization or anything else that was easily seen to answer the question of why? With further inspection I noticed if I were to go to my video list on my channel and turn restricted viewing on over half of my video's would vanish? So with out my knowledge or any type of notification Youtube decided to label half my videos as restricted viewing, and no where other than the way I just said how, could I even tell this has happened to my videos.
So I first contacted Youtube and got a pretty standard response "new system, still learning changes have been made....so on". So brick wall, so I then contacted Freedom support hoping they could help on my behalf or at least give me some answers....and they did.
Youtube incorporated a new system that will restrict your video if certain meta tags or words are used in the tags,description or title. But they do NOT give any of those NO NO words to stay away from. Freedom support gave me a link to appeal up to five videos at a time to be reviewed to have this changed but It also states you will NOT be notified of the decision regardless of the outcome. Also viewers can have an effect on this. I your videos are flagged at anytime this can lock them down also.
What really sucks about this for me is that my channel is an all age's friendly channel. Nothing I say or do violates any Youtube terms of service or any new rules gauging content as safe.
Hope this will help out the Freedom family and maybe you should check yours........

Reactions: WildMania

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Could you possible send me the link you were provided or outline what you said to the Freedom support in order to get the link as I looked at my channel and out of the 320 videos I have on my channel only 27 are viewable in restrictive mode. Thats only 8.4% of my entire channel that is viewable

CommonFamilySurvival

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Could you possible send me the link you were provided or outline what you said to the Freedom support in order to get the link as I looked at my channel and out of the 320 videos I have on my channel only 27 are viewable in restrictive mode. Thats only 8.4% of my entire channel that is viewable

I feared others may have been affected also heres the link to more info hope it helps,
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1153367?hl=en

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube

WildMania

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Thought I'd share what I have been dealing with for the last month or so and maybe help the Freedom family out in the process.
A month ago or so I noticed a severe drop in views and revenue from most of my vids on my channel with further inspection there were no red flags, de monitization or anything else that was easily seen to answer the question of why? With further inspection I noticed if I were to go to my video list on my channel and turn restricted viewing on over half of my video's would vanish? So with out my knowledge or any type of notification Youtube decided to label half my videos as restricted viewing, and no where other than the way I just said how, could I even tell this has happened to my videos.
So I first contacted Youtube and got a pretty standard response "new system, still learning changes have been made....so on". So brick wall, so I then contacted Freedom support hoping they could help on my behalf or at least give me some answers....and they did.
Youtube incorporated a new system that will restrict your video if certain meta tags or words are used in the tags,description or title. But they do NOT give any of those NO NO words to stay away from. Freedom support gave me a link to appeal up to five videos at a time to be reviewed to have this changed but It also states you will NOT be notified of the decision regardless of the outcome. Also viewers can have an effect on this. I your videos are flagged at anytime this can lock them down also.
What really sucks about this for me is that my channel is an all age's friendly channel. Nothing I say or do violates any Youtube terms of service or any new rules gauging content as safe.
Hope this will help out the Freedom family and maybe you should check yours........

Holly cow... Good advice! Just found few videos that are not 'watchable' in restricted mode. One of the video has perhaps forbidden content, now deleted... then another video with unpleasant scenes (cat giving birth to kittens), and one video just needed removing quote marks - instead Minimag from "MultiPlex", I put Minimag from MultiPlex, and now it is watchable.

Thank you very much for pointing to this issue. Now my channel is 100% 'clean to watch'.
milan
---

CommonFamilySurvival

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Thanks for the link though thats specifically for age restriction, and not for Restricted Mode - I found this link more helpful and with it you are able to provide details of videos which can rereviewed for use in restricted mode - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7354993?hl=en-GB

I'm sorry Zeke that was the link I meant to give ya[DOUBLEPOST=1497537878][/DOUBLEPOST]
Holly cow... Good advice! Just found few videos that are not 'watchable' in restricted mode. One of the video has perhaps forbidden content, now deleted... then another video with unpleasant scenes (cat giving birth to kittens), and one video just needed removing quote marks - instead Minimag from "MultiPlex", I put Minimag from MultiPlex, and now it is watchable.

Thank you very much for pointing to this issue. Now my channel is 100% 'clean to watch'.
milan
---
I'm glad I could help I wish there could be some way of Freedom to post a video about this so the whole network knows... I merely stumbled across this!

Reactions: WildMania

WildMania

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I'm sorry Zeke that was the link I meant to give ya[DOUBLEPOST=1497537878][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm glad I could help I wish there could be some way of Freedom to post a video about this so the whole network knows... I merely stumbled across this!

Yes, it takes time to get used to some forum and features. I am also interested to know where to post relevant and less relevant videos, if possible. Anyone know where?

milan
---

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Yes, it takes time to get used to some forum and features. I am also interested to know where to post relevant and less relevant videos, if possible. Anyone know where?

milan
---
Depends what you were classing as relevant and non relevant videos. Typically sharing of videos is only allowed in the 'promote yourself' section of the forums - and this could be on any particular thing you want, though if its a milestone / achievement specific video, for example a video dedicated as a celebration of hitting 100 subscriber then you can also post a copy of this video in the milestone / achievement section as long as you accompany this with written text.

Further to this if you had a particular giveaway you wished to promote you can also do this via our 'giveaway' section of the forum - though please read the 'giveaway' sectional rules about this, to ensure your post adheres to the guidelines in that section. Of course you can always link the video URL in your profile updates on your profile and this can be seen by other users

WildMania

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Depends what you were classing as relevant and non relevant videos. Typically sharing of videos is only allowed in the 'promote yourself' section of the forums - and this could be on any particular thing you want, though if its a milestone / achievement specific video, for example a video dedicated as a celebration of hitting 100 subscriber then you can also post a copy of this video in the milestone / achievement section as long as you accompany this with written text.

Further to this if you had a particular giveaway you wished to promote you can also do this via our 'giveaway' section of the forum - though please read the 'giveaway' sectional rules about this, to ensure your post adheres to the guidelines in that section. Of course you can always link the video URL in your profile updates on your profile and this can be seen by other users

Okay, thanks. I thought that promoting videos is not allowed. I was wrong. After some period of time, I may post video on YT channel about this forum and whole MCN stuff. Now, I will try to find "promote yourself" section. For milestone, I am above 1000 subs, but below 10k subs. I don't know if reaching for example 2000 subs is some milestone and worth mentioning? Or less, say 1500?

Oh, for giveavay is to early for now, but good to know about that.

By "profile updates", do you mean in Personal details - inside "Status message"? Or somewhere else? This last part is not clear. I put there video, but not sure whether it is at proper place.

Best--
milan
---

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Okay, thanks. I thought that promoting videos is not allowed. I was wrong. After some period of time, I may post video on YT channel about this forum and whole MCN stuff. Now, I will try to find "promote yourself" section. For milestone, I am above 1000 subs, but below 10k subs. I don't know if reaching for example 2000 subs is some milestone and worth mentioning? Or less, say 1500?

Oh, for giveavay is to early for now, but good to know about that.

By "profile updates", do you mean in Personal details - inside "Status message"? Or somewhere else? This last part is not clear. I put there video, but not sure whether it is at proper place.

Best--
milan
---
Promoting videos in the wrong section / in the forum chat isn't allowed but if you stick to placing them in the sections I mentioned about you will be fine. The Promote Yourself section is the last heading on the Community list on the front page of the forums, if you still can't find it then here is is :) - https://freedom.community.tm/forums/promote-yourself.239/

With regards to the milestones we leave this up to individual members to decide what is worth mentioning, I would say both 1500 and 2,000 would be worth mentioning once you hit them, but please read the sectional rules before creating a thread, just so you know what can and can't be said / outlined in that section.

And yes I do mean Personal Details > Status Message