Educational Be a Youtube start with just your phone!

U

User.123120

Yes, you read the title correctly, it's possible! With today's technology, most mobile(Cell) phones are more than capable of being able to create content to upload to youtube! So what sort of process do you need, making videos can be as simple as hitting record on your phone but where you can really set yourself apart from the casual user is in the editing and branding for your videos!

So in this thread, I have created a list of a few applications that would be useful to you if you wanted to create some professional content! Please remember that some of these applications will cost a price, I will try to include a free alternative, but I will mostly work with what's best!

Video editing.

iMovie (IOS) Price - £4.99
upload_2017-2-18_4-2-6.gif
Considered a benchmark release on iOS, and impressively similar to the Mac desktop version, iMovie should be on every iOS device. The app makes it ridiculously easy to splice together shot footage, but there’s a lot more to it than that.

You can also use it to add titles, music, voiceovers and photos to your work of art - and if you want to cheese it up, take your pick from a bunch of TV-style templates and movie trailer themes. With the latest Apple kit, it’ll even deal with 4K.

PowerDirector (Andriod)

upload_2017-2-18_4-3-50.gif
Android can be riddled with rubbish applications that miss the point of a video editor, but that’s not the case with PowerDirector, in many ways echoes iMovie, providing a user-friendly but powerful editor.

Clips can quickly be arranged and trimmed, titles can be added, and you get a decent set of transitions to experiment with. Pay the one-off IAP (£3.94) to rid your movies of watermarks and export at up to 1080p.

Picture editing and Thumbnail design
PicsArt Photo Studio & Collage (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
(£0.58 - £5.49 per item)

To me, this is an awesome picture editing software! While the base application is free, but limits you to a small set of functions, but even with that being said the free version is more than enough for a simple yet professional looking thumbnail designs! Also not to mention that the application is available on all phone operating systems!

Community

Epoxy

Epoxy (Free) is made for video creators, YouTubers, Instagramers, and social stars of all sizes also it is the best way build community around your content. Get important notifications from your most influential fans, organize your fan comments across YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, and engage your community all from one place.

As someone that uses Epoxy every day via the computer, to have this in my pocket is an absolute dream if you are serious about creating a youtube and a following you would be silly to ignore it!

Do you have any suggestions? Any applications that you use that I've missed? Drop a comment and tell us what you think! I hope you enjoyed this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Yes, you read the title correctly, it's possible! With today's technology, most mobile(Cell) phones are more than capable of being able to create content to upload to youtube! So what sort of process do you need, making videos can be as simple as hitting record on your phone but where you can really set yourself apart from the casual user is in the editing and branding for your videos!

So in this thread, I have created a list of a few applications that would be useful to you if you wanted to create some professional content! Please remember that some of these applications will cost a price, I will try to include a free alternative, but I will mostly work with what's best!

Video editing.

View attachment 18210
Considered a benchmark release on iOS, and impressively similar to the Mac desktop version, iMovie should be on every iOS device. The app makes it ridiculously easy to splice together shot footage, but there’s a lot more to it than that.

You can also use it to add titles, music, voiceovers and photos to your work of art - and if you want to cheese it up, take your pick from a bunch of TV-style templates and movie trailer themes. With the latest Apple kit, it’ll even deal with 4K.

PowerDirector (Andriod)

View attachment 18211
Android can be riddled with rubbish applications that miss the point of a video editor, but that’s not the case with PowerDirector, in many ways echoes iMovie, providing a user-friendly but powerful editor.

Clips can quickly be arranged and trimmed, titles can be added, and you get a decent set of transitions to experiment with. Pay the one-off IAP (£3.94) to rid your movies of watermarks and export at up to 1080p.

(£0.58 - £5.49 per item)

To me, this is an awesome picture editing software! While the base application is free, but limits you to a small set of functions, but even with that being said the free version is more than enough for a simple yet professional looking thumbnail designs! Also not to mention that the application is available on all phone operating systems!

Community

Epoxy

Epoxy (Free) is made for video creators, YouTubers, Instagramers, and social stars of all sizes also it is the best way build community around your content. Get important notifications from your most influential fans, organize your fan comments across YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, and engage your community all from one place.

As someone that uses Epoxy every day via the computer, to have this in my pocket is an absolute dream if you are serious about creating a youtube and a following you would be silly to ignore it!

Do you have any suggestions? Any applications that you use that I've missed? Drop a comment and tell us what you think! I hope you enjoyed this thread!
It really has never been easier to get started on YouTube, but it has also never been harder to get noticed on any scale. Perhaps I should make a similar tutorial to this about how to get noticed without trying to circumvent YouTube's algorithm.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

Video editing.

View attachment 18210

PowerDirector (Andriod)

View attachment 18211

(£0.58 - £5.49 per item)

Community

Epoxy

Great tips! You can even record and livestream games from mobile with the youtube app from what i have seen! Might have to try it out sometime and livestream a mobile game wich i love to play :)

羽翼之兔

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 8, 2017
YouTube
[QUOTE =“TwilightPrinze,post:986321,member:44555”]很棒的提示!你甚至可以記錄和直播遊戲從移動與YouTube應用程序從我所看到的!可能要嘗試一下它,並livestream一個手機遊戲,我喜歡玩:)[/ QUOTE]
I opened my cell phone PLAY store to see the live software but both English corner draw circle

HPN2017

Rising User
Oct 22, 2017
Another great program is DU Recorder! I've been using it for recording footage from the new Game Of Thrones Conquest game and it cause no lag or overheating. It also has a built in editor, so you can do at least minor edits right from your phone as well. It's not so great for Intros/Outros/Thumbnails, but you can import the Intros/Outros you already have into the app and add them in that way. It's absolutely free and you can turn the watermark off without upgrading to paid! If you plan to do Android videos (not sure if its on Apple or not) then I highly recommend DU Recorder. Kinda curious as to whether or not anyone else has been using it and what your experiences with have been.