Official April Forum Contest - $120+ Worth of Prizes!

Who do you love more (Poll closes in 30 days)

• Forum $$$ Contests

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Koala_Steamed

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Both just as equally!

Votes: 24 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
March Contest Winners

Hey awesome Freedom! partners, was great to see so many entries for March, totaling 30 altogether! We had some top quality thumbnails, which was great to see. Congrats to our contest winners! We had a tie at 3rd place, so we have decided to be extra generous and give out an extra $20 worth of games!

1st place @HealPleaseHeal Winning the $50 cash prize

2nd place @IDubHD $30 worth of steam games

3rd place (tie) @OnlyUltimate $20 worth of steam games

3rd place (tie) @Dev_J $20 worth of steam games

April C.R.I.B Contest!

Collaborative Resources & Ideas Board

Details for the CRIB contest
It's been a while since we have done a CRIB contest, this one is a little different as we are opening it up to any kind of resource that can be placed in the CRIB section. So it could be music, GFX, templates or whatever else you can put your mind to!

This may be a resource you have created in the past but it must be your own that you have created.

The resource will be judged on:
  • How nice it looks/sounds/feels.
  • How well it could be integrated into a channel, could someone easily take this resource and adapt it to their own channel?
  • Professionalism, we are looking for high quality content.

IMPORTANT

To qualify for this contest, make sure you follow these:

• Must be a Freedom partner and have the Purple Freedom! Partner Badge to be eligible for the prizes.
  • Reply to this thread with a link to your resource you have uploaded to CRIB https://freedom.community.tm/crib/
  • It must be your own, copying one off the internet or someone else will get you disqualified!

Prizes
We are having a total of 3 winners! The winner of this month’s contest will receive $50 in cash, 2nd and 3rd, $50 worth of steam game keys distributed between them. More prizes may be given out depending on the amount and quality of entries.
Bonus! $10 cash will be given out to 2 users that shout out their fans using #FreedomFamily on Epoxy
http://epoxy.tv/partner/freedom

The forum team look forward to your entries. Best of luck to everyone!
Deadline for the contest is the 27th of April, results posted around the 5th of May.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Seems like a lovely contest which will allow everyone to grow simultaneously with the increase of resources at their fingertips.
I will also want to mention that you must post the CRIB entry in a fashion that complies with all of the CRIB Rules stated in the pinned post.
If it doesn't, it may be subject to removal depending on the magnitude of the offense.

If your resource is a pack for YouTube or Twitter, try to use these: https://freedom.community.tm/crib/templates-for-twitter-and-youtube.312/

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
the last two

:(, lol. I didn't expect to even get in the top 3.

As for this months contest well I don't know what I'm going the enter, most of my stuff so far in the C.R.I.B wouldn't really stand a chance in my opinion and some of them aren't finished. Might have to take sometime to come up with something for this one :)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
A massive congratulations on our most recent winners of March's forum contest. Well done @Dev_J , @OnlyUltimate , @HealPleaseHeal and @IDubHD for some really great thumbnails, while the voting was very difficult and we had a lot of tough decisions to make I'm happy to congratulate you all on your great work.

As for this months contest I look forward to all of the entries, and would like to thank @william gardner for his entry all ready

RedRobins.UK

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Could you care to elaborate? I'd like to know how to improve my thumbnails.
well to break down both thumbnails i just want to say that i'm not saying they're bad but i am saying they needed improvement and i saw a few others that could have beat them in the contest anyway here goes: the two that tied for third were by OnlyUltimate and DEV-J the thumbnail by OnlyUltimate was a simple red background that doesn't contrast the setting too well. i would suggest a screenshot or a lighter colour for rocket league such as a warm yellow or green. copyrighted images taken from google images. most likely renders already on a PNG background with an outer glow that doesn't feel natural and doesn't blend with the thumbnail. there is then the simple rocket league logo. nothing wrong with that apart from the positioning on the image and finally the rocket league render taken once again from google images with the lighting still reflecting off the wheels which overlays a green tint bleeding over the image. a way to counter the green tint would be to change the hue and use burn tool over the green area. the second thumbnail presented by DEV_J featured a better background which was one from the game itself (i believe i don't play dishonored) with the user's logo in the top left. again looking ok. the background is blurred to draw attention to the 4 images at the front of the thumbnail which were 3 achievement logos from dishonored 2 which were not scaled well as they appear blurred to the eye. it would have been more appealing to choose a higher resolution image for the achievements. there is then a copyrighted artwork from the game which is clearly copied from google due to the white pixels left behind from the magic wand tool in photoshop. the image is then badly scaled over the thumbnail with the dishonored 2 logo. the problem i have with this one is the scaling and positioning of items on the thumbnail but overall the second one wasn't too bad.

apologies for the rant and congratulations if you read through it.

Last edited:

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Just thought I'd give some insight to how the thumbnails were judged. We had some really amazing thumbnails that probably could have won, but once resized to YouTube thumbnail size some of the extra details or writing was too hard to make out. Remember with thumbnails keep it simple and make them stand out, what the video will be about if someone is glancing though a list of thumbnails.

I think HealPleaseHeal really did a great job of this, making the thumbnail "pop" while keeping things simple.

Reactions: RedRobins.UK
Status
Not open for further replies.