Tips & Tricks Any tips on how to grow on Reddit?

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
I just stay off of Reddit all together. It's so complicated! Your content can get really good positive traffic or get a ton of haters. Mostly haters.

Totally agree with this, like even if you post one video a month on a subreddit and your video is directly related to that subject you can still get hate just because you're the person who uploaded it. Although I once did a video on Smaug vs alduin vs drogon and thanks to posting it in subreddits (elder scrolls, GOT and tolkien) I got 10k views and its still growing three months later. It's a hit or a miss, just post on Reddit and let the hate come if it does. Just remember people are a lot more driven by hate than enjoyment so people are more likely to dislike your video than like it. Any publicity is good publicity anyway.

Reactions: RyanSellers

Paulpenno

Rising User
Feb 14, 2018
YouTube
It's got me a few views. Some people say post in the smaller subreddits, but I've found you need a middle ground. Smaller subreddits don't get you enough traffic and unless your video really takes off, your video just gets lost in the bigger subreddits

HippoZoned

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2014
Philly
YouTube
Reddit had gotten me a lot of views and subs but with that came a lot of hate and empty subs....

I still drop a video there occasionally if I needs the help getting started but tbh I try to avoid Reddit as it's toxic...

Vigilant

Aug 24, 2017
YouTube
TheVigilantYT
Looked at your content-- maybe find a smite lore subreddit and share it there. You could also create your own smite lore specific subreddit and manage it and share your content there and grow stuff. (You could add lore wikia links and stuff, make it a really popular place for people to visit when they want to read smite lore, while having your videos there) It could gain a decent amount of traffic, but it would require maintenance!