Alrighty. So I have a game I want to make

Mighty Turtle

Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2016
YouTube
I was wondering what the best free our cheap game making spyware is, I'm looking at making a game and I'm a little out of touch with what's good these days, it just had to be able to make an MMO and I'm not too worried about how it looks to start with, I can use rubbish models to start with..
Any suggestions for what I could use??
It will be a PVP arena with a lot of PVE as well, 1st or 3rd person(player preference) and huge maps with a lot of players..

Thanks in advance, oh and I wanted to stop this four my channel too, so if I can get it started it will be something I will be putting yup on there..

Reactions: KentMarionVG

KentMarionVG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 26, 2014
Philippines
YouTube
kentmarion_vg
There's a lot of avenues of for starting out gaming developers but if I would assume, you would want to develop this on the PC platform am I correct? Unreal Engine 4 is great to start with, because now it is for free!

Maybe we can get some developers here, you may include me on your list to help you out, though I'm not a game developer, I'm just a generic developer with some systems and servers at the side, but I have a friend who is a game developer and a sound designer who might help you out too :)

Reactions: Mighty Turtle

Mighty Turtle

Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2016
YouTube
There's a lot of avenues of for starting out gaming developers but if I would assume, you would want to develop this on the PC platform am I correct? Unreal Engine 4 is great to start with, because now it is for free!

Maybe we can get some developers here, you may include me on your list to help you out, though I'm not a game developer, I'm just a generic developer with some systems and servers at the side, but I have a friend who is a game developer and a sound designer who might help you out too :)
oh.. awesome. I didn't realize UE4 was free.. I will definitely keep freedom in mind, I would, as a project for myself to get back into it, like to try do as much of it as I can and if I need help, I might ask.. I'm not sure at the moment how far I will get(I'm a bit lazy and distract easily)..

PC is my platform of choice, if I were to get it to a releasable stage then I might(probably not) try out a console version..
thanks..

Reactions: KentMarionVG

KentMarionVG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 26, 2014
Philippines
YouTube
kentmarion_vg
oh.. awesome. I didn't realize UE4 was free.. I will definitely keep freedom in mind, I would, as a project for myself to get back into it, like to try do as much of it as I can and if I need help, I might ask.. I'm not sure at the moment how far I will get(I'm a bit lazy and distract easily)..

PC is my platform of choice, if I were to get it to a releasable stage then I might(probably not) try out a console version..
thanks..

Just hit me up if you need help, and it would be better if we have some kind of team, and Im pretty sure you can get people here to help you out as well.

A little head's up though, an MMO in a massive scale would take years to develop when you do it alone and no funding, but with the right group and funding, it will get you on track. Start small, dream big! ;)

Reactions: Mighty Turtle