How To After 3 long months!

Deathlake

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 19, 2017
YouTube
suki42deathlake
It had been a stressful 3 months. within the time lost over 70 subs. The ranking of my channel is so bad it does not seem to show up at most the videos show up. It used to be at the top when type in "Deathlake". Nonetheless I'm thankful
after 18 failed appeal I was finally able to regain my original art channel!

Within the time had a backup art channel "Madam deathlake"
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCidbacYBB3jjnX0uvfQHMDw
Has any of you guys ever had your channel terminated without any warnings or strikes beforehand?
Do any of you guys have any other social media sites or video sharing platforms as back ups?

Last edited:

Valerio Mangano

Rising User
Sep 4, 2018
YouTube
I have never had something like that happen to me even tho I have a youtube channel with 150 subs that as been inactive for more than 1 year and still shows up when you type the name, maybe because it is the only possible search result xD anyway I think that if you keep posting and answering comments you be back stronger than ever! Make sure to learn somehing about SEO too!

Reactions: Deathlake

Deathlake

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 19, 2017
YouTube
suki42deathlake
I have never had something like that happen to me even tho I have a youtube channel with 150 subs that as been inactive for more than 1 year and still shows up when you type the name, maybe because it is the only possible search result xD anyway I think that if you keep posting and answering comments you be back stronger than ever! Make sure to learn somehing about SEO too!
Tried SEO for a long time think the main issue is the fact my account was essentially dead with no activity . Thankfully within the week posted 3 videos and its starting to show up. Not at the top but its a start XD ^^ unfortunity theres another channel that has a similar name then me that created their channel after mine as well as "Death lake" is a real lake o.o

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Great to hear you were able to recover your channel and all that hard work! But hey from this you learned to reupload your content to Dailymotion because you know how unreliable YouTube can be...

Any advice you can give to people this happens to?

Deathlake

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 19, 2017
YouTube
suki42deathlake
Great to hear you were able to recover your channel and all that hard work! But hey from this you learned to reupload your content to Dailymotion because you know how unreliable YouTube can be...

Any advice you can give to people this happens to?
If they legitimately think that their channel was terminated by mistake to keep trying if their first appeal fails or ask people for advice on different social medias.
ultimately safe channels or already terminated. Don't get too invested on youtube alone since it can be gone in a flash. For everyone to look out for different video sharing platforms and try to build up an audience on as much websites as possible. Even if the video sharing platform seems dead, upload on there anyway at the same time as you upload your youtube video. In the event the youtube channel gets taken down you still have multiple backups across different websites and the timestamps to prove its your creation. Don't be shy in uploading a low resolution of the thumbnail to facebook then have links to youtube and other video sharing websites in the description box instead of sharing a direct link to youtube.

Reactions: LW

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Also I just watched through the video and just wanted to write a few hings down:
  • The No-Copyright-Music part is very understandable and you did mention a great point with the "You never know where the link goes" thing, I actually think it's pretty alright how you do it now.
  • Going through your description and updating it with more text about the video is always a great idea!
  • The "Links in Description" thing is a really rough topic you could probably go about discussing for ages. Recently I myself have kind of wondered about YouTube releasing new filters alongside features that actively promote violating rules. One example is where they cracked down on Tags in Descriptions and released the hashtag thing that would promote the first five hashtags in your description a month later... I used to put links into info cards but they seem to have removed that for non-partners so there really isn't a way to put Links anywhere without it being spam honestly...
  • I also have to really agree with your "similar titles" argument, that really is a problem they could get almost every channel for...
  • The 14 day dispute window is new to me, thanks for telling us about that!
  • Google really love their Product Forums apparently, thanks for this as well!

Deathlake

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 19, 2017
YouTube
suki42deathlake
Also I just watched through the video and just wanted to write a few hings down:
  • The No-Copyright-Music part is very understandable and you did mention a great point with the "You never know where the link goes" thing, I actually think it's pretty alright how you do it now.
  • Going through your description and updating it with more text about the video is always a great idea!
  • The "Links in Description" thing is a really rough topic you could probably go about discussing for ages. Recently I myself have kind of wondered about YouTube releasing new filters alongside features that actively promote violating rules. One example is where they cracked down on Tags in Descriptions and released the hashtag thing that would promote the first five hashtags in your description a month later... I used to put links into info cards but they seem to have removed that for non-partners so there really isn't a way to put Links anywhere without it being spam honestly...
  • I also have to really agree with your "similar titles" argument, that really is a problem they could get almost every channel for...
  • The 14 day dispute window is new to me, thanks for telling us about that!
  • Google really love their Product Forums apparently, thanks for this as well!
~Indeed this way having it even clearer in the description box just makes it easier to appeal if the channel gets flagged up again from a bot.
~seems ridiculous, surprised they allow hashtags but not tags. Since hashtags is technically tags with a symbol in front. I personally limit to 3 hashtags so it wont seem spammy. unless they pretend to allow hashtags but then when they see channel they dont like, they use the hashtags as a reason to terminate. Now became afraid to use a comma when constructing the description with the possibly of them flagging it up as "Tag stuffing" even at the end of a sentence! theres no telling what that can set off the ever updated bots.
~ unfortunately when looking at forums, a lot of people was having the same issue. Even through their videos was legitimate they had similar titles, descriptions and tags that set off the bot.
~Its a shame they dont advertise that 14 day window. It's for them to control people to become discouraged and not appeal again. Think the window can change any time, read up someone figured out it was a 21 day window a few years back. The wait is torture. D :
You are very welcome, hoping with this info no one gets caught out by youtubes system!