Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
For healthy watch time (less viewer abandonment) you should:
- Cut the most uninteresting and/or slow parts out.
- Keep the high energy, entertaining, and/or important parts to the point of the video in.
For building your brand and engaging viewers to turn them into fans:
- Develop your own unique way of doing things and get comfortable with it.
- If you make high energy videos, keep up that pace in other videos.
- If you add effects when you make cuts, make it entertaining and do it consistently.
For generally making content that's good for viewing:
- Don't ignore your audio, take time to fine tune volume adjustments and eliminate distracting background noises when possible.
- Try to at least produce 1080p quality content whenever possible. Higher quality videos typically show up higher in search results.
- Have fun, enjoy what you're doing, and allow viewers to get to know you!

DiabolicalHam

Apr 23, 2017
YouTube
I would suggest editing to how you want the video to turn out. Delete all uninteresting stuff and include clips that you think the viewers would enjoy to see.

Nathan Sumner

New User
Apr 25, 2017
Manchester
YouTube
Sumner94
Id say jot down a few key things you want to get out of your video. Then when you come to the editing you can tick them off when you have implemented. most of my ideas I get while driving or commuting so best thing to do is have a notepad or notes on a device for you to recall to!.

Also go watch some of your favourite shows/ youtubers. watch where they cut or produce content and even look through there comments and see what they are saying. maybe get some tips for yourself.

GL and hope this helps

sumner,

MrJ

Mar 25, 2017
YouTube
1) Every time you add a cut, effect, image etc... always watch that part to see if it fits
2) Use youtube tutorials
3) Try new stuff (if it looks crap you can always just take it out)
4) After you've finished re-watch the video and if you get bored watching then make it shorter. If you get bored other people probably will as well
5) If its a commentary try and cut out pauses or um's and are's

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
I think when you are making a video like a vlog is to know where to cut when come to edit and when it comes to outtakes, I give myself around 4 sec before doing a re take.