Tips & Tricks How to I advertise my channel without spamming?

MrJ

Mar 25, 2017
YouTube
I'm having trouble getting my channel out there. Is there anyway to advertise my videos that aren't spamming check out my channel on larger channels.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I'm having trouble getting my channel out there. Is there anyway to advertise my videos that aren't spamming check out my channel on larger channels.
First of all I would never say you should spam bigger channels like that - as most often or not that would just land up in someone's spam filter on YouTube and the comment would automatically be deleted / removed. I know it can seem very difficult getting your content viewed when your first starting out but you improve your chances by : -
- Taking time to fill out your meta data - this means writing good descriptions, that mention the game / thing your doing in the video
- Utilising the tag feature and note down things that might lead people to the video, again this will improve your SEO (or Search Engine Optimisation) but will also potentially lead to you showing up on recommended feeds
- Make sure you have taken some time to ensure your videos are of a good quality before releasing them, at the early stage and indeed during your YouTube career I would always stress the need for quality videos instead of quantity. If people see you take time to produce, and edit your videos they are more likely to return
- Give them a reason to come back - No that doesn't mean bribe them or offer giveaways based on your performance, but entertain them with your videos, don't make them bland and boring but sell yourself to the audience.

Reactions: Uwie and Prandall

Prandall

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 27, 2015
YouTube
I know how you feel. I'm having that issue myself, and I've tried a few different ways. Starting off, the best and safest way to advertise is "word of mouth"
Tell people you know to check out your channel, and ask them if they would tell people they know. 3 friends tell 3 friends, so on and so on. I would definitely stay away from spamming big channels because it comes off as desperate and also rude to the channel you're advertising on because that's their content. It'd be like going to Subway and eating Mcdonald's in front of the owner.

Traf Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
Just some tips that got me to where i am currently
-Use social media
-Collabs
-Adding tags
-Getting promotions from friends
-Original and consistent content(not so much what i do)

Trippst3r

Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2016
United States
YouTube
ItsTrippst3r
@zeke morgan said it best in his post. When it comes to utilizing tags, there are many Chrome extensions you could get to help you; one specifically is vidIQ that assist you in tagging, statistics, etc. I also recommend using Rapidtags.io to find specific tags for your video.

Other big things are covered in above posts:
  • Use social media. Use #FreedomFamily on Twitter and Freedom! will retweet you!
  • Use as many relevant tags as possible. As I said earlier, Rapidtags.io is great.
  • Create quality content. Don't just sit there and play the game without speaking to your audience, or act dull. Be interactive.
  • Tell your friends and family.
    • True story: I told a lot of my coworkers that I create YouTube content, and two of them are actively watching my content and giving my constructive feedback when we're working.
  • Be original in what you do. It's one thing to be inspired by other creators, but blatantly copying them isn't going to get you anyway.
  • Be yourself. It may be something you've been told many times, but I promise it is absolutely necessary. If you don't enjoy something, don't do it for a video. Your viewers can tell if you aren't into the game, project, or whatever your video is on.

I wish you the best of luck with your channel @MrJ!

Reactions: zeke morgan

MrJ

Mar 25, 2017
YouTube
First of all I would never say you should spam bigger channels like that - as most often or not that would just land up in someone's spam filter on YouTube and the comment would automatically be deleted / removed. I know it can seem very difficult getting your content viewed when your first starting out but you improve your chances by : -
- Taking time to fill out your meta data - this means writing good descriptions, that mention the game / thing your doing in the video
- Utilising the tag feature and note down things that might lead people to the video, again this will improve your SEO (or Search Engine Optimisation) but will also potentially lead to you showing up on recommended feeds
- Make sure you have taken some time to ensure your videos are of a good quality before releasing them, at the early stage and indeed during your YouTube career I would always stress the need for quality videos instead of quantity. If people see you take time to produce, and edit your videos they are more likely to return
- Give them a reason to come back - No that doesn't mean bribe them or offer giveaways based on your performance, but entertain them with your videos, don't make them bland and boring but sell yourself to the audience.
Thanks

Abstract Minimal

Rising User
Mar 27, 2017
YouTube
I would use a decent amount of tags, shoutouts and you could design clothes and buy them thats a good way of promoting I would go to redbubble. And tell your friends and they might laugh but they will sub and watch especially if you get big. Good luck!

Purpleoak

Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2017
Alabama
YouTube
willie_nutter
@zeke morgan said it best in his post. When it comes to utilizing tags, there are many Chrome extensions you could get to help you; one specifically is vidIQ that assist you in tagging, statistics, etc. I also recommend using Rapidtags.io to find specific tags for your video.

Other big things are covered in above posts:
  • Use social media. Use #FreedomFamily on Twitter and Freedom! will retweet you!
  • Use as many relevant tags as possible. As I said earlier, Rapidtags.io is great.
  • Create quality content. Don't just sit there and play the game without speaking to your audience, or act dull. Be interactive.
  • Tell your friends and family.
    • True story: I told a lot of my coworkers that I create YouTube content, and two of them are actively watching my content and giving my constructive feedback when we're working.
  • Be original in what you do. It's one thing to be inspired by other creators, but blatantly copying them isn't going to get you anyway.
  • Be yourself. It may be something you've been told many times, but I promise it is absolutely necessary. If you don't enjoy something, don't do it for a video. Your viewers can tell if you aren't into the game, project, or whatever your video is on.
I wish you the best of luck with your channel @MrJ!
This is the first time I have heard of Rapidtags.io I'm checking it out now

Mardy Rooster

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2017
YouTube
mardy_rooster
Follow creators who make similar content on YouTube and Twitter. Interact with them, post comments etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1499097485,1495420966][/DOUBLEPOST]Have an amazing channel trailer! and be active on YouTube! That way when people click on your name they will get a face full of your amazing content!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
The most common source is social media but I would say networking. Get to know people who share the same interests on Twitter for example. Communicate on the forums and get known :)