YouTube Keeping All Videos

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I have to say I never back-up any videos. As I only delete them from my system once I know I have them edited and ready to go on YouTube, once they are up there I just then delete them, as I don't really see the point in keeping copies - I think if I did I would need plenty of external drives to hold them all in

Reactions: Piano Uncovered

Piano Uncovered

Well-Known User
Yup. Some are on my computer others are saved on a few backup hard drives.
This is a good way to preserve your videos in case of deletion, exactly what I do! (y) (Y)[DOUBLEPOST=1488924814][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have to say I never back-up any videos. As I only delete them from my system once I know I have them edited and ready to go on YouTube, once they are up there I just then delete them, as I don't really see the point in keeping copies - I think if I did I would need plenty of external drives to hold them all in
Still a good idea to backup all of your videos, better to spend £30 on an external hard drive than not being able to recover a video you wished you had backed up! :)

Jxtremewolf

Rising User
Mar 5, 2017
Jamaica
YouTube
Jxtremewolf
I keep backups of my videos like chriswyatt25 got some on hard drive others on the comp. Its a good way when you might want footage for a future video idea, for example a montage or something.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
No never. Mainly because of the shear amount of videos i have produced, 250 ish to this day. At the end of the day they are all saved on youtube so i see no need to keep backups anymore. I normally edit etc...then upload to youtube, wait a day or so and then delete. Its just added expense to be able to keep that amount, you would need a external hard drive (decent one) to be able to cope as keeping them on the computer is just uneeded strain. Besides at the end of the day what are you ever going to need them all for? Half the stuff by the time you may want them will be majorly outdated and maybe cringy to you. Thats just my opinion though.