Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Is it a bad idea to upload more than one video a day? I've heard from some that it is and others that it doesn't matter. What do you guys think? Let me know :)
It depends. If you're able to keep the quality of your videos up and have fun with it it's good. Though try keeping Quality higher than Quantity.

Piano Uncovered

Well-Known User
Is it a bad idea to upload more than one video a day? I've heard from some that it is and others that it doesn't matter. What do you guys think? Let me know :)
Uploading more than once a day doesn't matter if you're not consistent, you need to set yourself a schedule and stick to it! e.g. If you're gonna upload twice a day, upload twice every single day, don't upload twice one day, once the next, next day no uploads, etc. This way your viewers and/or your subscribers will know when to check in to your channel for new content and you'll get a higher viewer retention which is key to having a successful YouTube channel, I hope this advice helped you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me and I'll reply as soon as convenient. :)

Reactions: Aaron Reyes

Aaron Reyes

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
AirOnRiceYT
It depends. If you're able to keep the quality of your videos up and have fun with it it's good. Though try keeping Quality higher than Quantity.
Quality over quantity that's right haha![DOUBLEPOST=1488924934][/DOUBLEPOST]
Uploading more than once a day doesn't matter if you're not consistent, you need to set yourself a schedule and stick to it! e.g. If you're gonna upload twice a day, upload twice every single day, don't upload twice one day, once the next, next day no uploads, etc. This way your viewers and/or your subscribers will know when to check in to your channel for new content and you'll get a higher viewer retention which is key to having a successful YouTube channel, I hope this advice helped you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me and I'll reply as soon as convenient. :)
Okay now that makes sense! It all depends on my schedule I see now. Thank you :)

Reactions: Piano Uncovered

Odenrein

Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2017
YouTube
If u can keep the same quality for all I'd say go for it but don't flood people's sub boxes with videos but say if your doing a lets play and people want more I'd say it's fine to post more then one part a day

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
It depends on what you upload, i upload once a day as a gaming channel and in some cases to add some variety twice a day but then a different game.
If you can keep up with twice a day and have good quality then it could earn you some extra views :)

tlevelgrinders

Freedom! Member
Sep 30, 2016
YouTube
I upload quite a few since I play many different games on my channel, and when a big game comes out I upload many episodes of it per day (borrowed this idea from a few bigger youtubers)

chriswyatt25

Rising User
Mar 3, 2017
Seattle, WA
YouTube
cwyattfilm
I've heard different thoughts on that, but the general consensus seems to be that its better not too. Generally its fine to post a few videos a week, but its possible to overdo it and overwhelm your audience. Personally I wouldn't say don't do it, but rather try to not make a habit out of it and post multiple videos a day only on occasion.

Aaron Reyes

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
AirOnRiceYT
I've heard different thoughts on that, but the general consensus seems to be that its better not too. Generally its fine to post a few videos a week, but its possible to overdo it and overwhelm your audience. Personally I wouldn't say don't do it, but rather try to not make a habit out of it and post multiple videos a day only on occasion.
yeah, that makes sense! Thank you :)

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I would strongly suggest against this (unless your a big time youtuber). One of the reasons being you dont want to overwhelm people with video after video in such short periods, its a good way to bore and annoy people. Also if you started uploading more than once a day you would also have stay consistant to that level throughout otherwise people start to get put off by random uploads. Do you really think you can commit to more than one a day? And carry on with a normal life. I personally could never, when i first started out i did a video a day for about 5 months, now time has caught back and i struggle to do 3-4 a week. It will ware you down after a while and you may find your quality of video suffers just so you can keep up.

LeoGaming

Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2016
Singapore
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Well, if you can afford the time, do it! However, I personally feel that uploading more than 2 videos a day is bad. There would be too many videos for your subscribers to watch at once. So you may wanna upload at most 2 videos a day. Hope this has helped!! :)