Sub 4 Sub annoying

Bear Oclock

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
May 28, 2015
YouTube
I have joint a few groups to do with youtube just to see if it will help but it seems to be full of people going sub 4 sub thats something i wont do as it gives you dead subscribers and that will only hurt your channel but its starting to annoy me it now just wondering if other people get annoyed at it or if they do it?

Bear Oclock

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
May 28, 2015
YouTube
yeah i get that not bad on here so its all good just one of the groups i am in on facebook i put my link and was like hey if you like fun and stupid game play check out my latest episode of ***** and then i got spammed with like 36 comments going sub for sub was annoying

Bear Oclock

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
May 28, 2015
YouTube
yeah i say i will check there channel out and if its good i will sub but i dont do sub for sub

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I think that it is very annoying and really don't see why people continue to engage in this practise - it basically just leads to dead subs / a dead channel. Wish YouTube would be more strict on this and create an algorithm or something to pull up those offering / promoting it and shut them down - I know thats a bit harsh but measures need to be taken

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Usually YouTube places all the sub4sub comments in the spam filter so I haven't really seen any for a while, if I do see them I just ignore them anyway. I'm sure at some stage they will probably work out that the 100 subs they just got will never watch any of there content.

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I don't really see the point of sub for sub as there not really there for you, they are there for your sub and probably just ignore you after they have it. Whenever I get a spam comment which these days are ones saying my video was great without viewing it and asking me to sub to them and be active with their channel for a chance of a shoutout. I just simply respond to these with a simple and polite no as I'm not interesting in their content.​

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
I've set a spam filter on my channel.
The following get flagged as spam:
sub 4 sub
sub to me
shout-out

and it's constantly happening. At least with them getting caught 100% by the spam filter, I don't have to deal with those comments on my videos and have to delete them and whatnot. I tried it once, and gained maybe like 5 subs from a channel that had over 67k subs. I'd rather just be patient and hope that I make that one video that people enjoy heavily then realize 'Oh hey, this guys content is amazing'

But that's just me.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Yea sub 4 sub is a youtube killer, it ruins channels but unfortuantely people get desperate to grow and cheat in this manner. They dont seem to understand they just get dead subs and will eventually lose that number anyway. Too many looking for shortcuts and not willing to work hard for success. It sucks that nothing can be done about the spamming and its annoying that the people that do it think we are foolish enough to go for it when they comment somthing positive about your channel and then ask for a sub lol or when they say they have subbed and ask for one back but we all know that 99% of the time they havnt anyway. I could easily rant on about this topic but i wont lol

EnderCat

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 7, 2016
personally when i get a sub4sub comment i don't delete it because if you just reply to it and say something like "Sorry I don't do sub4sub" then other people looking for sub4sub won't try to comment saying "sub4sub?" or something, but I mean if they tell my VIEWERS to do sub4sub then thats a different story

StormMoreno

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
Ohio, United States
YouTube
StormMoreno
I hate when random people in my comments want me to sub 4 sub when I don't even know them and just even sub to them. I think they need to try harder to make people come to their channel just saying you liked the video and sub are not really going to get me to come to your channel. What get's people to come to your channel is actually say something about the video like oh at the ten-minute mark I found your comment about pizza funny. So what I'm saying mainly is if someone says something about subbing to you and liking your video just thank them and when someone start's a conversation get to know them.

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
That's actually a really good idea. I get tons of other music channels telling me to check out their channel and I just report them for spam.

Yeah, it was something I did early on last year. I got tired of seeing so much spam back when I was able to post 4+ vids a week, if not more, and I was constantly getting "Hey... check out my stuff" comments and I was like "All right... that's enough..."

You should give it a try! It works wonders.

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
I get a lot of the comments that say nice vid or something like that. I did a couple test streams the other day and two people posted "wonderfull video" (yes with the two l's). It just seems like they don't even bother to look at the video they're commenting on.