Offering Let me review you

Marc Towler

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 6, 2016
YouTube
Hi all,

I am offering to review any channel or site of yours, just reply to me with a link to what you want reviewing and some information like what specifically you want me to look at and I will get back to you

SirPlasmalot

Freedom! Member
Mar 5, 2015
Texas
YouTube
SirPlasmalot
I would just like an overall channel review. Including graphics, information, interaction, and content. Would you do that for me?
Here's the channel trailer as a sort of reference.

Fun Times

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2016
YouTube
Hello! My channel is mainly let's plays and I guess I was wondering if you could review my commentary. I'm aware I probably talk FAR too much during games, although I do that to keep a constant verbal contact with my viewers. Don't want them to think I'm too into a game to care about them. My mic quality isn't the best, I know. Still trying to get a decent microphone. Anyways, no rush. Whenever you have the time, I'd appreciate it.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I will get on that in the morning

Anything in particular you want me to focus on or just a bit of everything?

I will get on that in the morning

Anything in particular you want me to focus on or just a bit of everything?
A little bit of everything would be most helpful if you have the time thanks. I just want a general sort of outlook.

Marc Towler

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 6, 2016
YouTube
I would just like an overall channel review. Including graphics, information, interaction, and content. Would you do that for me?
Here's the channel trailer as a sort of reference.

ok, I have had a look around your channel and this is what I have.

Upload Schedule

I couldn't find an actual upload schedule but I feel that your schedule is 2 videos a week which is pretty good. I noticed that you had a few issues which interrupted your schedule. Try to have spare video's pending to be released so then your subscribers aren't as affected by the issues too much.

Graphics

The graphics overall is good, it fits the videos and it isn't anything too eccentric. There are points where it just needs a little cleaning up, for example the FNaF videos, it took me a bit to realise the green scrawl in the corner was the episode number as the green didnt help. A little brand consistency would probably help move on a bit more.

Video Quality
Your video quality has improved over the last year which is great, sound quality overall is good too. One bit that is lacking is your camera, when you have it full screen, it makes the video look very low quality so I would suggest either update the hardware or try to avoid the full screen cam. Lastly, you might want to look at adding an outro image to the end of your video just to help convince your viewers to visit the next video and/or subscribe.

Overall
Overall there are a lot of positives to your channel, just little tweaks that I believe will help you push to that next stage. 7/10

Reactions: SirPlasmalot

SirPlasmalot

Freedom! Member
Mar 5, 2015
Texas
YouTube
SirPlasmalot
ok, I have had a look around your channel and this is what I have.

Upload Schedule

I couldn't find an actual upload schedule but I feel that your schedule is 2 videos a week which is pretty good. I noticed that you had a few issues which interrupted your schedule. Try to have spare video's pending to be released so then your subscribers aren't as affected by the issues too much.

Graphics

The graphics overall is good, it fits the videos and it isn't anything too eccentric. There are points where it just needs a little cleaning up, for example the FNaF videos, it took me a bit to realise the green scrawl in the corner was the episode number as the green didnt help. A little brand consistency would probably help move on a bit more.

Video Quality
Your video quality has improved over the last year which is great, sound quality overall is good too. One bit that is lacking is your camera, when you have it full screen, it makes the video look very low quality so I would suggest either update the hardware or try to avoid the full screen cam. Lastly, you might want to look at adding an outro image to the end of your video just to help convince your viewers to visit the next video and/or subscribe.

Overall
Overall there are a lot of positives to your channel, just little tweaks that I believe will help you push to that next stage. 7/10

Thank you! I'll take these into account and plan accordingly. :)

Reactions: Marc Towler

Marc Towler

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 6, 2016
YouTube
Yes would love a review please

Ok, I have had a look around and this is what I have for you:

Upload Schedule

I couldn't find an actual upload schedule but I feel that your schedule is pretty much one or two videos a day which is good but can also be a bit overwhelming to subscribers and could potentially stifle your channel a bit... Maybe look at spreading them out a bit more and that way you can have a break and still have a backlog of videos to fill the gap. It also would give you more time to work on them overall.

Graphics

Banner and logo are spot on, nice and clear but to the point as well. On the flip side, your thumbnails are plain and almost overwhelming (in the FIFA videos the text blends in a bit). In your streamed videos, you seem to not go back to them to add a thumbnail so it lacks a little consistency.

Video Quality
Overall your video quality is not too bad, from a couple of video it looks like you do very little in the way of editing with the long pauses in the beginning or random coughing at the start of the video. I would recommend maybe slightly bringing down the volume of your welcome when you are on PS4 as it can distort slightly. Your commentary in the videos are fairly good as well!

Overall
Overall there are a lot of positives to your channel like the variety in videos and the general quality of them too. There are a few bits like I mentioned above that could help bring your channel up to the next level though 8/10

Marc Towler

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 6, 2016
YouTube
Hello! My channel is mainly let's plays and I guess I was wondering if you could review my commentary. I'm aware I probably talk FAR too much during games, although I do that to keep a constant verbal contact with my viewers. Don't want them to think I'm too into a game to care about them. My mic quality isn't the best, I know. Still trying to get a decent microphone. Anyways, no rush. Whenever you have the time, I'd appreciate it.
OK, so I used your Overwatch playlist to sample your commentary as FPS games can be the hardest. The video that is on your main page, the audio quality was good, nice amount of talking from you but you might want to look at slightly boosting the sound from the other players as it was hard to listen to at times.

On the flipside other Overwatch videos there is little to no talking from you (like the D.VA one) and what there is the volume seems a bit low and muffled so could do with a little tweaking, it was almost like the mic was sitting on your lips. Further on into the series there is a good amount of talking from you but at times it does feel like you are talking for the sake of it.

Overall I would suggest cutting back a little or making it a bit more relevant. Where possible I would suggest tweaking the mic volumes and clarity slightly.

Reactions: Fun Times

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Ok, I have had a look around and this is what I have for you:

Upload Schedule

I couldn't find an actual upload schedule but I feel that your schedule is pretty much one or two videos a day which is good but can also be a bit overwhelming to subscribers and could potentially stifle your channel a bit... Maybe look at spreading them out a bit more and that way you can have a break and still have a backlog of videos to fill the gap. It also would give you more time to work on them overall.

Graphics

Banner and logo are spot on, nice and clear but to the point as well. On the flip side, your thumbnails are plain and almost overwhelming (in the FIFA videos the text blends in a bit). In your streamed videos, you seem to not go back to them to add a thumbnail so it lacks a little consistency.

Video Quality
Overall your video quality is not too bad, from a couple of video it looks like you do very little in the way of editing with the long pauses in the beginning or random coughing at the start of the video. I would recommend maybe slightly bringing down the volume of your welcome when you are on PS4 as it can distort slightly. Your commentary in the videos are fairly good as well!

Overall
Overall there are a lot of positives to your channel like the variety in videos and the general quality of them too. There are a few bits like I mentioned above that could help bring your channel up to the next level though 8/10
Thanks so much taking the time to check my channel i much appreciate it, tbh a few people have commented on the thumbnails so i will definetly sort them out soon. Anywya thanks alot i know i have alot.of improving to do.

Fun Times

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2016
YouTube
OK, so I used your Overwatch playlist to sample your commentary as FPS games can be the hardest. The video that is on your main page, the audio quality was good, nice amount of talking from you but you might want to look at slightly boosting the sound from the other players as it was hard to listen to at times.

On the flipside other Overwatch videos there is little to no talking from you (like the D.VA one) and what there is the volume seems a bit low and muffled so could do with a little tweaking, it was almost like the mic was sitting on your lips. Further on into the series there is a good amount of talking from you but at times it does feel like you are talking for the sake of it.

Overall I would suggest cutting back a little or making it a bit more relevant. Where possible I would suggest tweaking the mic volumes and clarity slightly.
Ah, thank you friend. You've been a big help :)

sgtsandman

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2014
YouTube
It would be fantastic if you could give me just a general review. Just got back into the mix of uploading after a recent break and I don't really know if I should change anything with my channel or videos. Thanks!