Anyone miss the old freedom network?

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Yeah, there was a huge boom in so many new creators. With the new YouTube rules this is for all networks not just Freedom.

Seems like it was the advertisers that forced the new rules in to play though. They didn't want their content being shown alongside certain content which made YouTube crack down on every channel :(

At least YouTube still allows anyone to create content but it was nice having a small incentive to show for your hard work.

Sneaker shopping therapy

Respected User
Mar 5, 2019
YouTube
Well not many of us but I try and check in when I can. I’m not part of the network as joined just after the rule change and as I’m not doing youtube full time I’ll never have 100k watch time in a month each month for say 6 months but the holidays are coming so may have some free time to do stuff to get some watch time going lol

KnightHunter Studios

Creating films since 2011
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2014
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I must admit, I agree with the premise here. I think a problem with this came when YouTube introduced new rules surrounding who could join networks and so forth; requiring 1,000 subscribers (if I remember correctly) to join which, for some channels who NEEDED a network to help promote and boost their content, was difficult to achieve! For us, at KHS, we joined before these rules were implemented and enjoyed a good 2-3 years of Freedom! that was unfiltered and free from said rules, and it certainly did our channel wonders. But, at the same time, there has to be boundaries of who is acceptable to join; for instance, is - hypothetically - a swarm of channels of basically 0 subscribers efficient, from an economic standpoint? There are loads of questions to address, but, overall, I am totally on your side.