YouTube Putting All the Money I Have ($900) Into My Channel. What Should I Buy?

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
Soon I will be investing the rest of the money I have, so roughly $900 into my channel as I managed to find a well paying summer job just so I had more money for my channel. Seeing how nothing else I've done really helped the channel, with it only getting 1.3k subs after 6 years of hard work, I'm hoping this will finally help. Any suggestions on some of the things I should buy with it?

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
A good idea might be putting it into something that you can both use for your channel and also in every day life. So things like upgrading your PC for better editing or something along those lines.
I do already have a good PC so editing is fine. I got that job just for the channel so I want to spend all that money on my channel.

TheWarGamer11

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 6, 2014
YouTube
thewargamer11
Hello, so I saw a post of yours somewhere else and I came across this post.

Something that I do (not sure if others do this as well) is I look over people's channels and try to understand what there channel is about, watch a video here and there on there channel and see how I can best answer their question here.

Your goal is to increase the number of subscribers on your channel, and you think the best or easiest way is to spend $900 dollars on your channel. I think this method of trying to getting a larger subscriber count isn't a good one and here is why.

I watched your 6 Years on youtube video (congratulations btw) and saw that you have a nice flow to your channel so I went ahead and popped over your video talking about the RX 5700.
(I know this isn't the place for a channel tips kind of thing, but I really believe that spending $900 isn't going to get the results that you're looking for.)

First off I don't have access to the same panels on your analysts that you have so this is from an outside perspective, I'm 1 min into your video and I haven't seen a CTA (call to action) yet in your video, normal you would look at the average of viewer retention across your videos that get an okay number of views, nothing to low, and no spikes. With that data you want to record your videos with a CTA placed when the retention starts to drop, (for most videos this can be between 30-60 sec)

Your first CTA is asking your viewers to engage in comments below, I like this a lot as your a tech based channel and activity in the comments is a great way to boost your exposure with the YT algorithm, you also go onto thanking your prantions which is another great way to let people watching the video that if they want to directly financially support your channel that they can via patreon.

Your first CTA for people to subscribe to your channel is 15 sec before the video ends and after you talk about financial supporting via patreon at the 3min mark, which is a mistake as by this point you already told your views that the video is over and they start to check out what video to watch next and they won't hear about subscribing if they found a new video to watch within that 27 sec gap between talking about patreon, and where you ask about subscribing.

I also took a look at the page source code to see what your tags on your video looks like, and there kinda all over the place, I would watch some of Derral Eves videos talking about how to properly use SEO (search engine optimization) to get your channel seen out there, as if it's hard for new viewers to see your channel, you won't get many new subs.

I do Like the end cards where if they stayed long enough can watch some more videos on your channel. but that isn't what this essay/post is about, we want to focus on getting more subscribers.

Now let's talk about what you can do to raise that subscriber count on your channel.

First things first, I like how you get right into the meat of the content, but a hook goes a long way, plus it gives you an opportunity to give a CTA to subscribe to your channel. The hook should be an excerpt from the content that will hook a view into watching your video, as you you only have about 15 sec to convince the viewer that there time will be well spent watching your video. a small clip like "WHY YOU DO THIS AMD???" (and have the naming mess of AMD cards pop onto the screen) and the with a segway with a sponsor message no longer than 7sec where you the viewer can help out the channel by subscribing and ringing that bell icon. something along those lines will go a long way if your consent with that method in your videos.

So recap from most import.

CTA are crucial for increasing your subscriber count a well placed CTA will increase your subs counter.
Videos SEO so you don't have a problem getting organic viewership which can be turned into subs.
Hook your audience into your video, you only have about 10-15 sec before their eyes start to wonder off to another video to watch.

Those are my 3 cents worth of tips that can help you get more subs, I really believe that spending $900 on your channel isn't the best thing to do, something that you could spend your money on is getting some graphic work done for some call out animation in your video when you start your CTA, either someone on here or fiver is a great place to look for artists that won't break the bank (please don't spend $900 on some VFX)

If you have any questions, feel free to message me, either on my youtube channel, or via Email which can be found on my channel's about page, just make sure your subject is something like "Avrona from YouTube/Freedom" otherwise you might end up in my bottomless pit of (insert evil music) SPAM HA HA HA HA HA

Last edited:

Giosaia S. Perillo

Rising User
Sep 16, 2019
YouTube
I would suggest spending some of the money (not all of it, around 100$-200$) in advertising. Paid promotion is good to show your videos to a lot of new people without having to do much work.

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
Hello, so I saw a post of yours somewhere else and I came across this post.

Something that I do (not sure if others do this as well) is I look over people's channels and try to understand what there channel is about, watch a video here and there on there channel and see how I can best answer their question here.

Your goal is to increase the number of subscribers on your channel, and you think the best or easiest way is to spend $900 dollars on your channel. I think this method of trying to getting a larger subscriber count isn't a good one and here is why.

I watched your 6 Years on youtube video (congratulations btw) and saw that you have a nice flow to your channel so I went ahead and popped over your video talking about the RX 5700.
(I know this isn't the place for a channel tips kind of thing, but I really believe that spending $900 isn't going to get the results that you're looking for.)

First off I don't have access to the same panels on your analysts that you have so this is from an outside perspective, I'm 1 min into your video and I haven't seen a CTA (call to action) yet in your video, normal you would look at the average of viewer retention across your videos that get an okay number of views, nothing to low, and no spikes. With that data you want to record your videos with a CTA placed when the retention starts to drop, (for most videos this can be between 30-60 sec)

Your first CTA is asking your viewers to engage in comments below, I like this a lot as your a tech based channel and activity in the comments is a great way to boost your exposure with the YT algorithm, you also go onto thanking your prantions which is another great way to let people watching the video that if they want to directly financially support your channel that they can via patreon.

Your first CTA for people to subscribe to your channel is 15 sec before the video ends and after you talk about financial supporting via patreon at the 3min mark, which is a mistake as by this point you already told your views that the video is over and they start to check out what video to watch next and they won't hear about subscribing if they found a new video to watch within that 27 sec gap between talking about patreon, and where you ask about subscribing.

I also took a look at the page source code to see what your tags on your video looks like, and there kinda all over the place, I would watch some of Derral Eves videos talking about how to properly use SEO (search engine optimization) to get your channel seen out there, as if it's hard for new viewers to see your channel, you won't get many new subs.

I do Like the end cards where if they stayed long enough can watch some more videos on your channel. but that isn't what this essay/post is about, we want to focus on getting more subscribers.

Now let's talk about what you can do to raise that subscriber count on your channel.

First things first, I like how you get right into the meat of the content, but a hook goes a long way, plus it gives you an opportunity to give a CTA to subscribe to your channel. The hook should be an excerpt from the content that will hook a view into watching your video, as you you only have about 15 sec to convince the viewer that there time will be well spent watching your video. a small clip like "WHY YOU DO THIS AMD???" (and have the naming mess of AMD cards pop onto the screen) and the with a segway with a sponsor message no longer than 7sec where you the viewer can help out the channel by subscribing and ringing that bell icon. something along those lines will go a long way if your consent with that method in your videos.

So recap from most import.

CTA are crucial for increasing your subscriber count a well placed CTA will increase your subs counter.
Videos SEO so you don't have a problem getting organic viewership which can be turned into subs.
Hook your audience into your video, you only have about 10-15 sec before their eyes start to wonder off to another video to watch.

Those are my 3 cents worth of tips that can help you get more subs, I really believe that spending $900 on your channel isn't the best thing to do, something that you could spend your money on is getting some graphic work done for some call out animation in your video when you start your CTA, either someone on here or fiver is a great place to look for artists that won't break the bank (please don't spend $900 on some VFX)

If you have any questions, feel free to message me, either on my youtube channel, or via Email which can be found on my channel's about page, just make sure your subject is something like "Avrona from YouTube/Freedom" otherwise you might end up in my bottomless pit of (insert evil music) SPAM HA HA HA HA HA
Issue is that early CTAs never really worked for me, not even my ones at the end seem to do much, and that's the main issue of my channel: things that are suppose to work just don't for some reason. I've joined plenty of forums, Discords, and subreddits, trying to find something that will work, even got a paid channel reviewer to look at my channel, and still nothing. So I am pretty much out of choices, so all I'm left with that I can really do is put even more money into the channel. I got the summer job to get all that money just for the channel, because I'm just so out of ideas on what else I can do for it. I'm even in the middle of starting a small company to further help finance my channel.
I would suggest spending some of the money (not all of it, around 100$-200$) in advertising. Paid promotion is good to show your videos to a lot of new people without having to do much work.
Really, because pretty much everyone else I've spoken with they said promoting like that does nothing?

Giosaia S. Perillo

Rising User
Sep 16, 2019
YouTube
Issue is that early CTAs never really worked for me, not even my ones at the end seem to do much, and that's the main issue of my channel: things that are suppose to work just don't for some reason. I've joined plenty of forums, Discords, and subreddits, trying to find something that will work, even got a paid channel reviewer to look at my channel, and still nothing. So I am pretty much out of choices, so all I'm left with that I can really do is put even more money into the channel. I got the summer job to get all that money just for the channel, because I'm just so out of ideas on what else I can do for it. I'm even in the middle of starting a small company to further help finance my channel.

Really, because pretty much everyone else I've spoken with they said promoting like that does nothing?
Did you try making Twitter, Facebook and Instagram ads? Or did you only try Adscense?