My laptop just up and died on me.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
Yesterday, I was watching a video, and in not even a second, everything went dark, the screen, the lights in the keyboard, my mouse. There is a laptop we want to get, but it's taking forever for my GST money to come in. So I can't play games or make videos. I guess it's good that some series I have on YouTube won't be affected, but still, this is ridiculous. I might still lose some of my other files.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
Wow that sucks :( I keep on meaning to back up all my files but never get around to it... Thanks for the reminder. Hopefully you didn't lose anything too important. What laptop are you planning to get?
The Let's Plays I don't mind as much, but I would hate having to start the voice acting all over again for Game Dubs Episode 3 (I wish I could add accents to the show title without copy-pasting). The episode was gonna be 56 minutes long. That's a lot of cutscenes.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Is there any sounds when starting it? Does the display light up slightly?

Try starting it with the battery and without it to see whether it does anything different? If you need the files off it you can also run out and buy a SATA to USB cable/adapter somewhere (it costs around 3€ here) to connect the hard drive to the new laptop and get the files out.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
Is there any sounds when starting it? Does the display light up slightly?

Try starting it with the battery and without it to see whether it does anything different? If you need the files off it you can also run out and buy a SATA to USB cable/adapter somewhere (it costs around 3€ here) to connect the hard drive to the new laptop and get the files out.
No, there is literally nothing. Not even the light that lights up when charging.