YouTube How do people grow on youtube?

Hey everyone,

I've been on youtube about 2 months now , how do you actually grow on youtube ? in 2 months i've gained 4 new subscribers so overall on my channel i have 4 subscribers, I can't seem to gain anymore , i share my videos via twitter, freedom forum and discord and also on facebook , i've tried reddit but that doesn't work out for me and i've also tried google communities,

I upload great thumbnails for all my videos and also tag correctly and do proper SEO on my youtube videos, but i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong or how to gain more views or subscribers. 4 in 2 months is rubbish i should have at least 10 or 20 by now.

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
You only have 7 videos up on your channel, most of which are under 5 minutes long.

Make sure you consistently upload videos. Remember, quality over quantity. You can't upload just 7 videos though and expect to get hundreds of subscribers overnight. These things take time. I've been making videos for 3 years now and only have around 223 subs. Just takes time.

Edit: It's also really hard to understand what you are saying in your videos. Try speaking slower and a tiny bit louder. Your mic quality sounds good, but it's hard to understand what you are saying.

Thelazysideoflife

Respected User
Apr 20, 2018
YouTube
I feel you, we went through almost five months with just two subscribers, but what I can say is that, the minute we established a scheduel it made such a big difference. Consistency is actually key

Reactions: LW

iGoDZoFLuiGii

Respected User
Freedom! Member
it takes a while for a channel to grow, in 2 months you cant expect to get 10K subs or hit 1M subs, you have to work hard at it and sadly it can take a year or 2 before reaching a strong fan base.

I started this year with 413 subscribers, now Im on 630 subscribers, and the year isnt over yet. I dont do youtube for the fame or money, I do youtube to share my videos with the world.

Want some advice, keep at it, find your calling and create what makes you happy.

it takes a while for a channel to grow, in 2 months you cant expect to get 10K subs or hit 1M subs, you have to work hard at it and sadly it can take a year or 2 before reaching a strong fan base.

I started this year with 413 subscribers, now Im on 630 subscribers, and the year isnt over yet. I dont do youtube for the fame or money, I do youtube to share my videos with the world.

Want some advice, keep at it, find your calling and create what makes you happy.
Thank you , I didn't want 10k subs or anything like that just yet, i just thought i would of had more than 4 subscribers in 2 months

DPM GAMING

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 2, 2015
YouTube
gaming_dpm
Don't quit and try to make quality videos. It is hard to understand you when you speak as well. If you could fix that I think that would help a lot as well.

Killey

New User
Oct 14, 2018
YouTube
I noticed that streams are really popular right now so streaming can get you more subscribers. I wanted to try it but unfortunately my internet is to bad for streaming. Also as someone wrote before if your uploads are regular you're likely to get more attention for your channel. Upload every week, every 2 days, every day, doesn't matter, but keep it consistent.

Reactions: Kratos Aurion

blank

New User
Oct 22, 2018
YouTube
Hey everyone,

I've been on youtube about 2 months now , how do you actually grow on youtube ? in 2 months i've gained 4 new subscribers so overall on my channel i have 4 subscribers, I can't seem to gain anymore , i share my videos via twitter, freedom forum and discord and also on facebook , i've tried reddit but that doesn't work out for me and i've also tried google communities,

I upload great thumbnails for all my videos and also tag correctly and do proper SEO on my youtube videos, but i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong or how to gain more views or subscribers. 4 in 2 months is rubbish i should have at least 10 or 20 by now.

its very hard nowadays beacuse of add sense youtube doesnt show small channels on search, until you get adds that will probably be it, hard, however keep on grinding

Last edited by a moderator:

The Rubin

Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2017
UK
YouTube
TheRubinYT
YouTube Tips:
- Make your videos longer than 5 minutes as much as possible
- Upload consistently
- Use the YouTube SEO/Tags tool (VidIQ helps with this)
- Make a YouTube Timetable and upload on those days
- Work hard on the About page and in your Description in Upload Defaults (click here to be sent there)
- Entertain your viewers, don't make the video boring
- Don't do sub4sub, that completely kills your channel
- Include your fan base in videos at least once every 2 weeks
- Post out on social media whenever you're going to record videos to build up the hype

The Kitty Gamer

Rising User
YouTube Tips:
- Make your videos longer than 5 minutes as much as possible
- Upload consistently
- Use the YouTube SEO/Tags tool (VidIQ helps with this)
- Make a YouTube Timetable and upload on those days
- Work hard on the About page and in your Description in Upload Defaults (click here to be sent there)
- Entertain your viewers, don't make the video boring
- Don't do sub4sub, that completely kills your channel
- Include your fan base in videos at least once every 2 weeks
- Post out on social media whenever you're going to record videos to build up the hype

Good game bro! I will try it![DOUBLEPOST=1543731809][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey everyone,

You cannot get 100 or 1000 subsribers in only 2 months! You must make your video better and share to social network, such as Facebook, Twitter and Reddit, Google + and try to get more likes as much as possible.

finegamingconnoisseur

Freedom! Member
May 18, 2017
www.youtube.com
YouTube
It can also be down to what you’re presenting to the audience, does it interest them, is it relevant or useful to them beyond merely the fact that you’re uploading something high quality and ticking all the boxes of do’s and don’ts.

I can tell you right now that just because a video does everything right, it doesn’t necessary mean that people are going to watch it. On the other hand, someone like TotalBiscuit (who sadly passed away in May this year) makes videos that instantly grab people’s attention because of his voice which feels authoritative and the opinions he had. Whether you like what he says or not, that is another matter entirely.

You can be a complete amateur and find that your first video reaches thousands of viewers, because what you uploaded sparked the audience’s interest and fascination with something about your video or your personality. I think YouTube calls it viewer engagement, or something, and you can grow from there.

It might be worth just sitting down somewhere where you can quietly reflect and think on what it is you actually want to achieve in terms of the overall ‘feel’ and message you want your audience to have about your channel. Then go about working towards that vision, and let the right people come to you instead of you going to them.

Just as an example of the TotalBiscuit ‘effect’, here is a video from 6 years ago which has close to 1 million views:

Last edited:

FireAngel64

Sep 17, 2018
YouTube
xxFA64xx
Hey everyone,

Collabing with other youtubers, by checking out small channels and growing together

LvngLegacy

New User
Feb 19, 2019
YouTube
Damn 2 years for 400 subs. I came back for my rebirth 4 months ago. In 4 months I reached 1.7k subs. What I did was simple marketing tools. Especially since I live in NY so I would talk to people on the subway wherever I went and I would tell them to check out my youtube. I even offered to pay them not for subs but I would say something like this.

I am not going to ask you to subscribe to my channel because I know you hear that a lot. Here's what we are going to do. I want you to go on youtube and check out just one of my vids, just 1. If its trash I'll give you a dollar but when it makes you smile, not if, because I know your going to smile. Subscribe.

I never gave out money, because I know that what I did was different and I was confident in my product. So thats something you could incorporate into your promotion especially if your an extrovert. You never know who you are going to meet. I met some videographers, some people who even asked me to help them with pictography because I do everything myself. And you get to know your subs more and they form . a bond with you.

I also do other promotional techniques but this has been one of the highest forms of consistency to me and especially if they love it they will tell their friends. Last week I had my instagram blowing up because of a group of white boys I met in the city who loved the content and was excited.

Also what Krazy K Gaming said is important. It is important to have quality over quantity. Too many channels have a whole lot of nothing. Meaning they have like 100 vids but 5 views per vid. You want to grab their attention in the first 5 secs. If you dont feel excited watching your vid then you probably shouldnt post it. You want it to give you that feeling of talking to a new shawtie for the first time that your infatuated with. Meaning you cant wait to see it and you think about it in a healthy way.

Thats my words of wisdom. I dont know alot and I dont consider myself an expert because I still have a lot to learn.

Sincerely,
LvngLegacy