News Livestreams: Thinking of moving from YouTube to Twitch.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I haven't used Twitch in about 4 years, but I decided to get back into it and upload the streams to YouTube afterwards. I wasn't really sure if I should switch at first, since I would be starting off pretty much with an empty audience. But I guess as long as I still get views on YouTube, and I leave a link to my Twitch channel, I should be okay. But there is no way I am posting a video to YouTube every day about me streaming.

I don't supposed you can submit a Twitch channel to the Streams section in the Freedom! Forums?

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
You can submit Twitch channels to the Streams section ;)

Honestly I think it's a personal thing, I personally wouldn't switch over now especially now that YouTube has moved Gaming and Gaming Streams away from YouTube Gaming and integrated it into the main page. Also you're darn close to 1k which is the minimum sub count you need to have a chance of landing on the Trending page (!) as a "Creator on the Rise". But hey, a lot of people have done successful switches to Twitch and built their audience back up there so if you think you can do that, by any means go for it.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
You can submit Twitch channels to the Streams section ;)

Honestly I think it's a personal thing, I personally wouldn't switch over now especially now that YouTube has moved Gaming and Gaming Streams away from YouTube Gaming and integrated it into the main page. Also you're darn close to 1k which is the minimum sub count you need to have a chance of landing on the Trending page (!) as a "Creator on the Rise". But hey, a lot of people have done successful switches to Twitch and built their audience back up there so if you think you can do that, by any means go for it.
Considering the amount of views my streams get are not much higher than when I upload pre-recorded videos, I don't think I'll be missing out on a lot if I switch to Twitch now.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I think usually it depends but honestly I think it's just easier to stream on the platform where your viewers already are. Even if it's not many your viewers are on youtube. Not all of them will be willing to transition to twitch.

iGoDZoFLuiGii

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Live streaming is good but Im always picky, if the game is good and im into it and enjoy the creator I stick around. I always like watching streamers on YouTube over Twitch its all down to your audience, if you have a following on Youtube maybe going over to twitch isnt a good thing as many viewers may like to watch you on one platform over the other.