Opinion Best Amount of Video Per Week for my Channel?

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
What would be the best amount of videos to make a week for my channel? It has 249 subs, 14k views, few active subs, and low views per video. The growth of the channel is also really slow, with the channel existing for 5 years now but only having so few subs and views. What would be the optimal amount of videos per week for my channel then. If there are any other statistics you need, let me know and I will reply with them.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I don't think any one can tell you an optimal amount for your channel, and awefull lot of it will come up to your thought process. At the end of the day I would say don't worry about the views so much, make the content you do because you enjoy it, and this will help everything grow in its own time. If you get bogged down thinking about how may views / subs etc you should have you are just going to cause yourself more worry and its not worth it

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
I don't think any one can tell you an optimal amount for your channel, and awefull lot of it will come up to your thought process. At the end of the day I would say don't worry about the views so much, make the content you do because you enjoy it, and this will help everything grow in its own time. If you get bogged down thinking about how may views / subs etc you should have you are just going to cause yourself more worry and its not worth it
I do care for views however, I want my channel to finally grow. What would be then the best frequency of uploads?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I do care for views however, I want my channel to finally grow. What would be then the best frequency of uploads?
That again would be best for you YouTube does seem to give more priority to those uploading frequently, be that twice a week or everyday but you would also need views coming in on those day to help you get higher on search results. We did mention about YouTube's algorithm in a previous FFF

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
That again would be best for you YouTube does seem to give more priority to those uploading frequently, be that twice a week or everyday but you would also need views coming in on those day to help you get higher on search results. We did mention about YouTube's algorithm in a previous FFF
Well then which would be better for the position my channel is in? 2 videos or a week or maybe more like 6 videos a week?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As you said you have low amount of views per video in my opinion i would go for two videos a week, otherwise you will just be churning out content that isn't really helping at all.

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
As you said you have low amount of views per video in my opinion i would go for two videos a week, otherwise you will just be churning out content that isn't really helping at all.
But even if they don't do well, isn't 6 videos with little views better than 2 videos with little views? It's still more views and more of a chance someone will see one of my videos as there are more of them.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well that's up to you, as ive been trying to outline to you on this thread, you shouldn't really worry about what other people think about the optimal views per video or anything like that as some videos will do better than others and every channel is different in regards to the views. I only outlined 2 per week might be best so your not working yourself too hard to get out the videos and allowing you to have a bit of relaxation time. If you think that you can do 6 videos a week, then go ahead.

Reactions: Novi Giants

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
Well that's up to you, as ive been trying to outline to you on this thread, you shouldn't really worry about what other people think about the optimal views per video or anything like that as some videos will do better than others and every channel is different in regards to the views. I only outlined 2 per week might be best so your not working yourself too hard to get out the videos and allowing you to have a bit of relaxation time. If you think that you can do 6 videos a week, then go ahead.
I don't care about relaxation time or stuff like that, I can make as many videos as are needed to help my channel.

Novi Giants

Rising User
Sep 20, 2018
United States
YouTube
thenovigaints
What would be the best amount of videos to make a week for my channel? It has 249 subs, 14k views, few active subs, and low views per video. The growth of the channel is also really slow, with the channel existing for 5 years now but only having so few subs and views. What would be the optimal amount of videos per week for my channel then. If there are any other statistics you need, let me know and I will reply with them.
Its really on to how much editing do you want to do?