Solved ARE YOU FINE IF YOU DELETE A COPYRIGHT CLAIMED VIDEO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senevids

New User
Aug 13, 2018
YouTube
I've heard the three strikes your out thing but does that apply to copyright claimed videos and can you make up for a strike. Just an idiot looking for answers, thanks!

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
NO.

DO NOT DO THAT.

Okay, that aside:
Deleting a video with a strike is the dumbest thing you can do. If you delete the video the strike remains and you lose any ability to dispute/resolve the strike and to know what you got it for in the future. Generally if you receive any strike keep the video up, no matter if it's a copyright or community guidelines strike to be able to do something about it.

Deleting a video does not resolve a strike, it's not that easy ;)

Reactions: Senevids
Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Got to love how elequently LW solved this one, as he said its best practise not to delete any video that has a claim on it as then you lose the ability to dispute or resolve it. However when it comes to claimed then you could delete it, but that's up to you

Reactions: Senevids
Upvote 0

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
NO.

DO NOT DO THAT.

Okay, that aside:
Deleting a video with a strike is the dumbest thing you can do. If you delete the video the strike remains and you lose any ability to dispute/resolve the strike and to know what you got it for in the future. Generally if you receive any strike keep the video up, no matter if it's a copyright or community guidelines strike to be able to do something about it.

Deleting a video does not resolve a strike, it's not that easy ;)

But he said copyright claim not a strike. It's alright to delete a video with a claim. If it's a strike then yeah don't delete it lol

Upvote 0

Evan Scourge

New User
Aug 20, 2018
YouTube
If it's a copyirght CLAIM then by all means if you want then delete it. I usually get like 1 claim a week on my older videos that had copyright music but i never waste time deleting them. Kinda no point tbh. Now if it's a copyright STRIKE, then DO NOT DELETE THE VIDEO. You're only punishing yourself more.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.