YouTube should i stop making videos because im unoriginal

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
i mean if left youtube there would be 20-80 clones of me or even more successful than me
like really its not like my content was original in anyway shape or form right
so if left youtube there would be
1st clone
gets in 6 months 200 subs
2hdclone 800 subs
the 3hd clone
1k subs
the forth clone -
19k subs|and so on double the fact u have to count the eras of my channel.
tk era the time where i was posting satire '
news era to now.
tovah|skyke news era
the only difference is that the thumbnails are better.
tho as much cringe as my content was in 2016 and 2017 at least i stayed consistent almost .

Reactions: Novi Giants

LPSprouts

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2018
NC
YouTube
It’s literally the hardest thing to do on YouTube(being oringinal) everything has been done before...I’ve left YouTube as well a few years ago cause I felt the same way. But then I just stopped caring about how “oringinal” my content was or what subs I had or didn’t have. I do it for the fun of it. Yeah it’s sucks putting work into something and seeing it not go anywhere. And then someone puts less work into the same kind of video you did and gets views and subs...it really sucks but care about your content and what you can bring to the table. Improve yourself and don’t put yourself in a rut. That’s even harder to get out of.

It's The Kid

Mar 15, 2018
Paterson
YouTube
It’s literally the hardest thing to do on YouTube(being oringinal) everything has been done before...I’ve left YouTube as well a few years ago cause I felt the same way. But then I just stopped caring about how “oringinal” my content was or what subs I had or didn’t have. I do it for the fun of it. Yeah it’s sucks putting work into something and seeing it not go anywhere. And then someone puts less work into the same kind of video you did and gets views and subs...it really sucks but care about your content and what you can bring to the table. Improve yourself and don’t put yourself in a rut. That’s even harder to get out of.
DOnt give
Dont give up my boi. Just make it more interesting to watch yo. I believe in you

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
The same could be said about anything really. Just try not to let it get you down. Try and focus on the positive side of things, and just enjoy what your doing and what content your making - everything else treat as a bonus.

iGoDZoFLuiGii

Respected User
Freedom! Member
youtube is always hard, when people start youtube to make a living its even harder to think of video ideas and what to create. It never gets easy, but if you keep at it you can make it.

I do youtube just for fun as a Hobby, just another platform to post videos on, so for me im not stressed out too much when it comes to video ideas etc...

Traf Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
come on bro, put in some brain juice. Surround your self with creative friends who can also pitch in ideas then start grinding quality content

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
come on bro, put in some brain juice. Surround your self with creative friends who can also pitch in ideas then start grinding quality content
i don't have no friends in rl nor anyone i know online at all so
also double the fact its imposable to have creative friends[DOUBLEPOST=1527210163][/DOUBLEPOST]
youtube is always hard, when people start youtube to make a living its even harder to think of video ideas and what to create. It never gets easy, but if you keep at it you can make it.

I do youtube just for fun as a Hobby, just another platform to post videos on, so for me im not stressed out too much when it comes to video ideas etc...
i mean its hard to make videos but double that sometimes if i dont wanna post it also 6%
of my channel views come from active subs so i guess there is a margin who wants to watch my content

so i guess there is a small community around my channel
also double the fact there might be clones of me who are more successful

Last edited:

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
i dont really have that much games on me right now since im trying to make a commentary video
but i haven't really had time to play any games outside of recording

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
i mean if left youtube there would be 20-80 clones of me or even more successful than me
1st clone
2hdclone 800 subs
the 3hd clone
1k subs
the forth clone -
news era to now.
tovah|skyke news era
tho as much cringe as my content was in 2016 and 2017 at least i stayed consistent almost .
I've been called a PewDiePie clone, but I haven't even watch enough of his videos to really classify as a clone. Then there was another comment on one of my videos saying I was trying so hard to be Markiplier. Riiiiiiiiight. At the moment, Mark is the last person I want to be like. Although my thumbnails suck compared to his and other YouTubers'. I just take screenshots with added text, if necessary.

I'm just trying to be myself, by doing my own thing my own way. Don't worry about how well other people are doing compared to you, even if you think their videos are worse. If you enjoy making videos the way that you do, then keep at it. But don't close your mind to making changes to improve your content, if you think audiences will enjoy it.

iWi Gaming

Rising User
Jun 17, 2018
YouTube
iwi_ryuk
There isn’t such a thing as original on YouTube now, do what you enjoy and that will come across in your videos, people subscribe to you not so much the content, I may love a video game that 100s of people play but only watch 1 person play it because I like them! Stick at it.

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
There isn’t such a thing as original on YouTube now, do what you enjoy and that will come across in your videos, people subscribe to you not so much the content, I may love a video game that 100s of people play but only watch 1 person play it because I like them! Stick at it.
stick at doing my commentaries i kinda wanted to make those videos where u could be up at 2am watching my video in the background.

bu11et

Rising User
Jun 20, 2018
YouTube
1st clone
2hdclone 800 subs
the 3hd clone
1k subs
the forth clone -
news era to now.
tovah|skyke news era

Just make differnt series that are kind of related(different games, reviewen different electronics, see what gets viewers and what you like to make. I see youre content varies very much, try to stuck to one subject and create series around it so the subscribers want to watch EVERY video. And they aren't clones, they do things differntly. Try to find what the small differences are and perfect them id say. Not that im a great youtuber but i have watched youtube for a long time, so hope this kinda helped.

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
Just make differnt series that are kind of related(different games, reviewen different electronics, see what gets viewers and what you like to make. I see youre content varies very much, try to stuck to one subject and create series around it so the subscribers want to watch EVERY video. And they aren't clones, they do things differntly. Try to find what the small differences are and perfect them id say. Not that im a great youtuber but i have watched youtube for a long time, so hope this kinda helped.
commentaries im talking about any topic while a review could be tv show tech or a movie.
so just letting u know that and uh i do have 1 series im thinking about making pretty soon so.[DOUBLEPOST=1529866878][/DOUBLEPOST]
another thing i don't really review games also rants have been on my channel since i started yt i just revived it really .

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
Everyone is original in his own way. YouTube is a tough road with many content creators but due to this challenge it makes it more worth while once you have reached a certain point. If you enjoy making content then don't give up and continue with what you do best :)
And how is commentaries and rants is what i do best tho like anyone can slap over gameplay to a video. And make a commentary"

Novi Giants

Rising User
Sep 20, 2018
United States
YouTube
thenovigaints
1st clone
2hdclone 800 subs
the 3hd clone
1k subs
the forth clone -
news era to now.
tovah|skyke news era
I would Say just do it for you or dont in the end its about you happiness.