Solved Support always like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g grade

Rising User
May 13, 2018
So i finally get a reply after 1 week. And now it takes 24 hours to get another response.. They ask for screenshot of my video manager. I have a question why not ask me for all the things you need in the first message so i dont have to wait 1 day per message you send me just to ask for more information about me joining ...

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Long response times are sadly rather common in some departments as far as I'm aware. They need a bunch of information from you (most commonly channel/custom ID, YouTube features page, analytics pages,...) but don't want to ask you for things they won't end up needing in advance. This is pretty much a battle a support team can only lose in any way (especially because the ticketing system bumps everything to the back of the queue at each reply). Usually you get an email a few weeks after your ticket was resolved asking you for feedback which is where you could definitely put that down as well.

Also just adding the usual list I give to people for things to add when contacting support so they don't have to ask for it:

Reactions: iGoDZoFLuiGii
Upvote 0

g grade

Rising User
May 13, 2018
Long response times are sadly rather common in some departments as far as I'm aware. They need a bunch of information from you (most commonly channel/custom ID, YouTube features page, analytics pages,...) but don't want to ask you for things they won't end up needing in advance. This is pretty much a battle a support team can only lose in any way (especially because the ticketing system bumps everything to the back of the queue at each reply). Usually you get an email a few weeks after your ticket was resolved asking you for feedback which is where you could definitely put that down as well.

Also just adding the usual list I give to people for things to add when contacting support so they don't have to ask for it:

They dont know what they need upfront though? Is process different for everyone or something?

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
They may not need everything from you, so they may ask you for only small bits of information first, as they may only need that from you. As for the ticket system as LW said above it can be a little annoying sometimes with it bumping replies etc for a little while.

Upvote 0

g grade

Rising User
May 13, 2018
They may not need everything from you, so they may ask you for only small bits of information first, as they may only need that from you. As for the ticket system as LW said above it can be a little annoying sometimes with it bumping replies etc for a little while.

well now its been 2 days since last response about joining. In the lat messege asked them for a time frame and no response. I just dont see how they open it hours ago but dont respond for days at a time.. Its been 13 days since i have actually been under review :(

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Im not.. And this is a lot longer than your 3 day estimation you gave me for channel review haha
Typically the channel review takes around 3 days, obviously we don't know how many reviews or channels they are dealing with at the minute or how long its going to take to clear them. As frustrating as it just be patient and I'm sure they will get through them as soon as possible

Upvote 0

g grade

Rising User
May 13, 2018
Typically the channel review takes around 3 days, obviously we don't know how many reviews or channels they are dealing with at the minute or how long its going to take to clear them. As frustrating as it just be patient and I'm sure they will get through them as soon as possible

Lol now they are saying 60-90 days.

Upvote 0

g grade

Rising User
May 13, 2018
Hi @g grade sorry you have been having issues with support, can you send me your ticket ID please.

I guess i can.. but it too late now basically they are saying its gonna take 60-90 days lmao. I sent them all that stuff and i still gotta wait 60-90 days bit too long for me i think . May go elsewhere. But my other issue is i asked them like 3 messages ago in the ticket how long it would take? And no response until that last message which i aske like 5 days ago. I wouldnt have wasted my time waiting on them days and supplying them with info if i knew it took 60-90 days to join.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.