Unable to find supported miner (i7 and GTX 960)

XxZroyaxX

New User
Freedom! Member
Jan 13, 2016
Durban
YouTube
xxzroyaxx
Good day all,

Previous versions of the miner worked will with my GTX 960 GPU, the version (v 0.2.6) gives me an "Unable to find a supported miner". Thus far I have the following:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled the mining software (numerous times)
  2. Turned off anti-virus protection (AVG)
  3. Run the miner in Administrative mode
None of the above seems to have had any effect. Any assistance and/or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Hardware Detail.png
    Hardware Detail.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Unsupported Miner.png
    Unsupported Miner.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 10

DostThouEvenDerp

Rising User
Jan 18, 2018
Coram, NY
YouTube
3 basic things that get asked in these situations. .

1.) You have the lastest version of the miner?
2.) You have the current most up to date drivers for your GPU?
3.) Firewall issue maybe? Some computers will put programs on the firewall block lists. Especially since the computer already warns you when first installing the miner that you should avoid installing it...but what ever. We know who made it!!
4.) Did you do the benchmark? Some GPUs will work after a benchmark.

Reactions: XxZroyaxX

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
GPU seems to detect fine, it just doesn't seem to have a correct Miner (even though according to Wikibooks it should have one). I'll show you a hacky way to force it to download a new Mining tool (new 0.2.6 feature):

Disclaimer: This is not any official advice and it might mess with the way your miner will work. Don't hold me responsible for stuff breaking.

Step 1: Close the Miner. No, not with the X, with this:
upload_2018-4-25_17-10-25.png

Step 2: Press Windows+R and enter %appdata%, press Enter

Step 3: Locate the miner.crypto.tm folder and open it
Step 4: Look for a folder called miners. If it's there, rename it to something else. If it isn't you'll have to assume it's your GPU. Submit Feedback from the Miner stating your GPU and they might be able to find something for it.
Step 5: Start the Miner again. If it's showing some "Downloading Miners" thing you might as well have won. If not... submit feedback.

If it works you can delete the renamed folder, if it doesn't you can just change the name again and everything will stay the same.

Last edited: