Am I the only one who still likes stuff like this?

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
It may just be a personal thing of mine or falling out of the industry and having not owned a PS4/PS3/Xbox 360/Xbox One for the past several years, but I don't really care about triple-A games or even trends like PUBG, Fortnite, etc.

The type of games that I prefer and get more enjoyment out of, specifically as what I think is 'the stuff' described in the title? Smaller titles by smaller development teams or studios such as indie games or even just retro/older games like the games of the SNES/Genesis and back, even occasionally counting Dreamcast/PS2 era games. This could also include games that are not strictly "retro" but try to emulate it's style and the rules of the retro-era (back when 2D and pixelart was king and everything ran on a damn cartridge!), such as Shovel Knight or Sonic Mania. Heck, even games that are just staples such as Nintendo's games, you know, definite classics like Mario and Zelda. Nintendo just seems to know...fun.

Reactions: Knotty Stripes

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Old games are really fun, back then it seems like games were made to be fun and not to squeeze every penny out of the player through Microtransactions...

Nintendo knows fun everywhere except YouTube it seems

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
Old games are really fun, back then it seems like games were made to be fun and not to squeeze every penny out of the player through Microtransactions...

Nintendo knows fun everywhere except YouTube it seems
I feel like how they're treating Twitch/YouTube may be because maybe these reasons:
a) they're a japanese company, not sure of my specific reasoning but Sony, Capcom, Konami, etc all seem to have a reputation for occasionally making poorer choices compared to us-born game companies
b) they're also ancient and while they've had fresh young blood in the higher positions in the last decade, they still cling to old-world views a bit too much

Knotty Stripes

Rising User
Apr 21, 2018
YouTube
No sir you are not... I'm pretty sure they're are a lot of people who think the same I love indie titles the one I'm exited for at the moment is swords of ditto because it reminded me a bit of Zelda. It really is a breath of fresh air to play a indie game after playing triple A games you know...

NinjaZombieGaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2014
YouTube
NZGsNinja
I'll literally play anything, triple a, indie, small studio, big studio, one man, almost any genre, in my opinion people who only play the current hype are ridiculous...dont get me wrong I'll play the hype games too, but in cases like fortnite I lose interest very quick.

iGoDZoFLuiGii

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Im also on the same boat, I enjoy the classic games and styles from my childhood, I love zelda, pokemon, spyro, crash, pac man, donkey kong etc... but these newer games today dont do me any justice, like I love far cry series, but at the same time I dont find myself playing it as much as i would, but if i was playing a snes or sega title, I could spend nearly all day playing it, the feel of a old game can never gets old.