Mid Roll Ads

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Did anyone randomly just have mid-roll ads placed on all of their videos? I'm trying to find out if freedom did this or if youtube goofed.

I have automatic mid roll ads turned off and youtube is telling me I'm using suggested ad breaks even though I never clicked that button ever and basically all of my videos now suddenly have mid roll ads on them which is really annoying since I am personally not a believer in mid-roll ads. I don't mind using pre-roll and after video ads but the mid-roll ad has always been a big no no in my book. I personally hate it and would never want to put my viewers through that.

So did anyone else just have that happen recently who has had it off before or is it just me?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Did anyone randomly just have mid-roll ads placed on all of their videos? I'm trying to find out if freedom did this or if youtube goofed.

I have automatic mid roll ads turned off and youtube is telling me I'm using suggested ad breaks even though I never clicked that button ever and basically all of my videos now suddenly have mid roll ads on them which is really annoying since I am personally not a believer in mid-roll ads. I don't mind using pre-roll and after video ads but the mid-roll ad has always been a big no no in my book. I personally hate it and would never want to put my viewers through that.

So did anyone else just have that happen recently who has had it off before or is it just me?
I haven't come across it personally myself on my channel. I turn off video ads because I feel that it can be distracting for some viewers. My videos are getting on the shorter side, and mid-roll ads would be beyond frustrating :eek:

Kratos Aurion

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Looks like it just happened again recently. This time I noticed some of my friends having the same problem. Really annoying if Freedom is creating this issue because they should have 0 say in what ads I put on my videos.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
Somethimes when you make long video's. Then it might happen. Not becuase of freedom. But youtube itself...

Get use to it..

Kratos Aurion

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Somethimes when you make long video's. Then it might happen. Not becuase of freedom. But youtube itself...

Get use to it..

In my almost 3 years doing youtube regularly this has never happened completely randomly until October. It stopped for a little bit and now it's happening again. All my friends who I mentioned that are also having this issue are also freedom partners (One doesn't even want to monetize their content and they keep having to turn it off) and I haven't noticed this issue on videos from people not partnered with freedom.