Oversoul

Rising User
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2018
YouTube
oversoul53
My name is Justin aka Oversoul and I run Oversoul Gaming

I'm not going to sugar coat it. I'm a let's player. I know there's a million of us... however I try to keep my channel unique by offering a little more!

For example...

• Music Videos - I have a friend named Dylan who goes by Funky Hurdles on YouTube. He is an up and coming video game music electronica/EDM artist and we have a collaboration where sometimes, after watching one of my let's plays, he will become inspired to make music based on the game I played. I, in turn, then go and record and edit gameplay footage to the music he makes and the final product is a video game music video. So far we've done music videos for SOMA, Outlast, Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil 7 along with 2 Megamixes of my channel.
  • Reactions & Highlights - Every couple of months I do a series called "Reactions & Highlights" which is a 15 minute highlight reel of the best moments on my channel since the last one, it's edited like Robot Chicken complete with static transitions, opening music, and credits.
  • Frequent Guests - as you can tell, we have fun on my channel. seek out my 2 year Megamix as an example. As such, however, I have many friends and family willing to be in videos with me all the time. I have done several let's plays with guests, (some of them other YouTubers) and many challenge videos (including my own version of Markiplier's "CHANGE!" skit.
  • Creative Live Action Skits - While not frequent, I do occasionally get a creative idea and run with it. A fine example would be a video I did Christmas of 2016 making fun of No Man's Sky or a Looney Tunes style skit I did about fidget spinners.
  • I'm Genuine - I've been told by a lot of my viewers that they would rather watch me over some of the more popular youtubers and that's because I'm not fake. If a game sucks I will be honest about it, I WILL review it as I play it and sometimes what I say is harsh, but fair. Also, I don't overreact or fake react to horror. My reactions, both comedic and jump scare related, are all genuine. They may seem animated at times but that's because of my anxiety (PTSD related).

As of New Years, I have a set schedule. I do videos every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (and sometimes Saturdays). Mon and Wed is for the current Let's Play, Fri is for the current replay and Sat is for non-let's play stuff like music videos, vlogs, reaction compilations and so on. I also no longer do videos over 40 minutes (and rarely even hit that). I understand how rare free time is these days and I respect people's time.

Anyways, I don't wanna bore you guys with a wall of text, it's better if you just see for yourself! If you decide to visit my channel I encourage you to check the "Starting Points" section on my main channel page as that's where a lot of the fun stuff I mentioned resides and because those videos serve as a paraphrasing of my channel, so to speak.

I look forward to being a part of this community and [hopefully] hearing from you in the comments here and on youtube. :)

Last edited:

Oversoul

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2018
YouTube
oversoul53
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome! I would love to know what you think if you do take a look at my channel. Has anyone here played Outlast or Soma? I would love to watch your play throughs.

Oversoul

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2018
YouTube
oversoul53
Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that I'm still around and I appreciate all of the great feedback I didn't want to look like I just came in to drop my channel and then leave I've just been super super busy making content lately. But I'm going to try to get better about coming in here and interacting with the rest of the community. I have a hard time being social because of my anxiety as well so that's also part of it.