YouTube Rules changing again???

KaragGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Hello i have been seeing alot of discussions on twitter today via socialblade & via a rather large youtuber @mrprowestie

If this is indeed correct and how youtube is going to go about things this again affects all networks and all content creators who has just hit the 4k-1k rule...

I have tweeted at george to see if he has any information on this and if this is indeed 100% legit but with it coming from socialblade i believe this to be a reliable source of info

Links to all tweets are below...

https://twitter.com/MrProWestie/status/969256093829550083

https://twitter.com/AlexHalford/status/969242677689638914

https://twitter.com/SocialBlade/status/969054340026634240

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
How do we know if we are safe? It still says I'm with Freedom on my channel status page so I'm hoping I'm not about to get unlinked here...

In May my time with this network will be at 4 years so it will suck if I have to get unlinked because of this when I've been here so long.

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
This is true. This is happening. Another rule isn't coming into place. It's still the 4k1k rule. Just removing all channels from partnerships that don't follow the rules. I know some big YouTubers that are up into the 100k+ Subscribers and millions of hours of watch time that are getting demonetized because their content isn't meeting the YouTube guidelines. It doesn't matter how big your channel is. It's about following the rules that YouTube make.
One friend with over a million subscribers got their channel deleted and had around 80 million views. But was able to recover the channel by calling up YouTube directly. But had to stop making certain videos. So he lost around 80 million views.

YouTube is cracking down on Child Exploitation, Offensive Language, Terrorism, Blood and Gore, and more. They are working on making it more friendly for big companies to come back and do advertising. They lost Pepsi and some other big car company's awhile back. They want them back so everyone can make more money in the end. YouTube and the Creators.

Last edited:

KingFansuri

Respected User
Dec 25, 2017
Singapore
YouTube
KingFansuri
Might be the lost and backlash on Youtube did over Logan Paul situation and Clearly Casey Neistat interview with the Top CEO of YOUTUBE didnt work either. It seems to me that YouTube is going to die soon

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
Might be the lost and backlash on Youtube did over Logan Paul situation and Clearly Casey Neistat interview with the Top CEO of YOUTUBE didnt work either. It seems to me that YouTube is going to die soon.
YouTube is no where close to dying anytime soon. It's just the beginning of it still.

Logan Paul and Casey Neistat has nothing to do with this. I knew about the 4k1k rule back around the end of November 2017 from a YouTube Marketing Ambassador that I'm friends with. That was before Logan Paul uploaded that video.

Last edited:

Kratos Aurion

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
YouTube is no where close to dying anytime soon. It's just the beginning of it still.

Logan Paul and Casey Neistat has nothing to do with this. I knew about the 4k1k rule back around the end of November 2017 from a YouTube Marketing Ambassador that I'm friends with. That was before Logan Paul uploaded that video.

If that's true that's actually very interesting. Many of us including myself assumed it was in response to Logan Paul.

Kratos Aurion

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
As explained by Ryan this is true indeed. Everyone who doesn't follow the guidelines or has questionable content is forced out of a network by YouTube and can re-join once they have cleaned their channel. Freedom posted this on Twitter as well.

I'm kind of curious what they consider to be questionable content to be honest. I do have a few Content ID claims but I guess that's not enough for them to consider my content questionable since I haven't been unlinked.

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
I past the 4k watch time hrs and k rule, but looks like now that Freedom and other MCN's have power to make you remove videos from your channel.