Can I Bitcoin Mine with this?

8-Bit-Relic

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
So I'm building a computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/collinktm/saved/TWTfrH

If your wondering I'm getting two of those video cards. I'm planning on using this computer to bitcoin mine. If anyone knows a thing about this please help me out. Thanks
I`m unsure about the latest mining tech BUT if you are serious about bitcoining and you want to jump on the bandwagon you need a dedicated miner/mining PC. What you are trying to do (if I see the list correctly) is to do mining while you are not gaming.

Visit relevant websites like https://www.bitcoinmining.com for full information.

However, be aware that these things can raise your electricity bill.

SoundEffects

Freedom! Member
Jun 2, 2015
YouTube
I`m unsure about the latest mining tech BUT if you are serious about bitcoining and you want to jump on the bandwagon you need a dedicated miner/mining PC. What you are trying to do (if I see the list correctly) is to do mining while you are not gaming.

Visit relevant websites like https://www.bitcoinmining.com for full information.

However, be aware that these things can raise your electricity bill.

Exactly I am thinking of doing it while i'm not using my PC.

Also is the BPMC Red Fury USB any good? I could possibly get like 2-3 of those and use them for it or I might use my GPU's since I read about that GPU's can be more efficient to solve all the "equations" or whatever. I am kind of new to the Bitcoin Mining so sorry if I'm not totally saying things correctly.[DOUBLEPOST=1445738095][/DOUBLEPOST]NVM I just read about the USB powered ones it's average bitcoin earnings is 0.00077463 per month which is about 22 cents from what google is saying. But would my GPU's still be decent for it?

8-Bit-Relic

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
You have seen that it wouldn't be economical. This makes a PC bad for mining. While you could get something out of it you will have to keep in mind that the algorithm will require more effort with each mined coin. That's why serious miners these days use highend miners.

It mind be that some pools wouldn't accept you because you won't mine 24/7.

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
So I'm building a computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/collinktm/saved/TWTfrH

If your wondering I'm getting two of those video cards. I'm planning on using this computer to bitcoin mine. If anyone knows a thing about this please help me out. Thanks
In all honesty... All PC's can mine, but the question is this. Do you want to be making money and mining(Covering the cost of power in your electricity bill, and the possible accidental hardware crash, and dieing about every 6-12 months of 24/7 use?)

Most people who mine, have a dedicated rig, or pay for a dedicated server rig($1000's/M depending on the host) or you can just buy those little miner's for about $35.00, you won't be seeing much, maybe a penny a day, but when it comes to converting the cost to gain.. it's not worth the time and money put into it, unless your making twice as much as your electricity bill in a month's time.

Overall, Bitcoin or any mining in general, is a complete waste of time, and resources unless you have the funds, and time to invest into the hardware, Mining for bitcoins keeps getting harder and harder, since people use dedicated video cards, that work in certain systems(Not Gaming capable, or workstation capable), and aren't cheap at all! I'm looking at you ButterFlyLabs....

But if you really want to get into it... I'd suggest saving up money, and buy dedicated ASIC Miners, or if you don't want to do that, and make a decent comeback to pay your bill's... Just get AMD Video Card's(Higher Shader's = More Mining Power!)

But when it comes down to it, I suggest you do this... Don't mine bitcoin's, Mine LiteCoin's or something similar that has a better chance, bitcoin's are so hard to mine, it's literally pointless(I've mined a few times, hated it.)

Best Of Luck!

~Zac's Custom

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
You must have made bank mining bitcoin in 2015 since it recently went up a few months ago! You seem to have quit YouTube right when Bitcoin went up it looks like. I hope you are having a blast with your millions!