YouTube How long to edit a video?

Amadeus Videos

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 6, 2016
England
YouTube
chrismurray1995
How long does it take you roughly to edit a video? This video that i've done is 24 minutes long, its took over 4 hours to edit and i've just finished it.

iGoDZoFLuiGii

Respected User
Freedom! Member
So this was an old edit, the original video length was 4 hours, editing down to 15 mins. This may look like a simple edit, but I spent 5-6 hours with this edit, making sure everything was correct, nothing was missed out, all sync. This was part of a Lets play episode.

Amadeus Videos

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 6, 2016
England
YouTube
chrismurray1995
So this was an old edit, the original video length was 4 hours, editing down to 15 mins. This may look like a simple edit, but I spent 5-6 hours with this edit, making sure everything was correct, nothing was missed out, all sync. This was part of a Lets play episode.

oh wow my longest time has been 8 hours before for a 30 minute video

Reactions: Hyderpony

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
well since I found a new method I edit about 1-3 hours for every video, do keep in mind my videos are 7-13 minutes long

C

Corpfox

Usually have to edit while watching the video, so makes it easier to cut, delete and continue. About an hour of editing from a 2 hr video.

Nestah

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 19, 2017
YouTube
How long does it take you roughly to edit a video? This video that i've done is 24 minutes long, its took over 4 hours to edit and i've just finished it.

It really depends on the type of video you are editing. Here's a tip: if there is commentary, make necessary cuts such as coughing, sneezing, e.t.c. It makes your videos look much cleaner and can increase your viewer rate!

noblepanda

Dec 31, 2016
YouTube
TheNoblePanda
I usually keep my videos raw and unedited (cause I try not to have gaps of silence etc especially if I am playing a story heavy game) but I one time recorded Dark Souls for about 4 hours and had to edit it down into like an 8 minute clip. Took me a good 2-3 hours