YouTube Not suitable for most advertisers ?!!!

Melardev

New User
Oct 29, 2017
YouTube
Hi everybody, lastly I was uploading videos to my youtube channel, incredibly all the videos are being marked as Not suitable, why??!! who knows, ... these videos are about programming, nothing copyrighted does this happen to you as well?
youtube.com/melardev is my youtube channel

Attachments

• copyright.png
    copyright.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 6

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
This is due to YouTube's new mechanism determining whether or not videos are advertiser-friendly or not using Google APIs. In your case I'd request a manual review using that button so a human will look into it and review it because in your case it's pretty clear to be a true negative unless Google APIs are now severely inappropriate...

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As mentioned above these would of been flagged due to YouTube's new algorithm which checks to see if content is suitable for advertisers. This does also look at meta data, such as tags and descriptions you may have wrote so by changing these it will get reviewed by the system, or you can request a manual review and this will be reviewed for you.

Melardev

New User
Oct 29, 2017
YouTube
It is free to request manual review, that's fine, but the problem is that they don't review it, until you have 1000 views in 7 days for that video which is a lot for a small channel and for a programming language tutorial video, it is crazy, all the videos no matter what gets flagged and there is nothing bad, no copyrighted music, no copyrighted images, indeed it does not allow me to monetize the video but does not even tell me why ... How could I contact youtube support? there is no easy way to chat with them or send them an email ...

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
It is free to request manual review, that's fine, but the problem is that they don't review it, until you have 1000 views in 7 days for that video which is a lot for a small channel and for a programming language tutorial video, it is crazy, all the videos no matter what gets flagged and there is nothing bad, no copyrighted music, no copyrighted images, indeed it does not allow me to monetize the video but does not even tell me why ... How could I contact youtube support? there is no easy way to chat with them or send them an email ...
TLDR you can't contact them for this. Could you show the video tags/title/description maybe so we can try going off that?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Even though your not meant to request a manual review until your video has gotten 1000 views in 7 days you can actually go through the process before this happens. I have heard from a few people that they have flagged videos for review, when they only have say like 10 views on it and its been reviewed. While I'm not encouraging this, it's up to you if you want to try it for yourself and see what happens. Also if you do get in contact with YouTube, they just say its due to the algorithm and that you should try changing your meta data, like a tag or description and then the algorithm will run again and review it.

pinaypencilart

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Even though your not meant to request a manual review until your video has gotten 1000 views in 7 days you can actually go through the process before this happens. I have heard from a few people that they have flagged videos for review, when they only have say like 10 views on it and its been reviewed. While I'm not encouraging this, it's up to you if you want to try it for yourself and see what happens. Also if you do get in contact with YouTube, they just say its due to the algorithm and that you should try changing your meta data, like a tag or description and then the algorithm will run again and review it.

This is correct at least for me. I'm a small channel, but so far I've won every appeal filed regarding this stuff. They flag nearly every one of my videos. I've emailed them several times and can't even get a reply.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Most of my Gaming related video's get the yellow icon as well, mostly they turn green in a matter of days and for those who stay Yellow i ask for a manual review and they also change green in a matter of days.

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
YouTube needs to fix their (still new) system on how videos get marked as not advertiser family friendly. This past week has been the worst for me. I have to manually request a review to get the program fixed single day! It's so annoying! There is no reason why my videos are getting flagged as not advertiser family friendly.
I hope they fix this problem as soon as possible or get rid of the new system they added in all together, because it's not really working correctly at all!

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
YouTube needs to fix their (still new) system on how videos get marked as not advertiser family friendly. This past week has been the worst for me. I have to manually request a review to get the program fixed single day! It's so annoying! There is no reason why my videos are getting flagged as not advertiser family friendly.
I hope they fix this problem as soon as possible or get rid of the new system they added in all together, because it's not really working correctly at all!
Well it is working. Blocking ads on 90% of videos has a high chance of blocking ads on 100% of terrorism ;)

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
the whose parts of this system is that if you dont get over 1K views on a video in a day you wont get a manuall review and your vid will stay advertiser unfriendly foreeeveer

MrSpecies7

Freedom! Member
Jan 29, 2015
Canada
YouTube
YouTube is not reviewing the small channels. The demonetization is left on for 48 hours and then lifted. I do simulator game videos and ALL my videos are being flagged. Only for 48 hours. Of course big channel or small the first 48 hours is the time you receive most views. So YouTube is in effect managing to ensure that no one makes money.
Freedom always brags it up as to how big they are and how much they are shelling out in revenue etc. Yet once again as our MCN , they do nothing. With the size of the membership and the amount of revenue that means for You Tube ,if Freedom cared about us at all they would make some effort to straighten this out with YouTube.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
YouTube is not reviewing the small channels. The demonetization is left on for 48 hours and then lifted. I do simulator game videos and ALL my videos are being flagged. Only for 48 hours. Of course big channel or small the first 48 hours is the time you receive most views. So YouTube is in effect managing to ensure that no one makes money.
Freedom always brags it up as to how big they are and how much they are shelling out in revenue etc. Yet once again as our MCN , they do nothing. With the size of the membership and the amount of revenue that means for You Tube ,if Freedom cared about us at all they would make some effort to straighten this out with YouTube.
Freedom! would have any and all interest to let you monetize more videos because they live off of that. YouTube won't make exceptions for MCNs anymore for this though as they have to do the advertiser deals, not the MCNs. Look, they don't even exempt managed channels (which even bypass content ID) this time.