YouTube youtube is "shutting down" my channel, here is how

navy3001

Rising User
Aug 18, 2016
my videos are starting to get flagged saying that are not AD friendly i looked at the rules and the only one could possalby break is volince because im fighting ships and undead pirates (if that is the cause then games are going to dissaper on youtube)

i request youtube to review the video and i get this

"Right now we are only able to review videos with at least 1,000 views in the past 7 days. We'll review your video once it reaches that threshold."

i have 128 subs if i recall right...so its pretty impossable to get 1,000 views in 7 days..what do i do?

MrSpecies7

Freedom! Member
Jan 29, 2015
Canada
YouTube
YouTube is a bit broken I think. I had a Farming Simulator video flagged.....yeah.....FARMING SIMULATOR. The entire video was harvesting and storing wheat. I have no answer back as to why yet.

Reactions: Fluffy and Vigilant

EmperorFun

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 28, 2017
YouTube
Kaiser_Spass
i have 128 subs if i recall right...so its pretty impossable to get 1,000 views in 7 days..what do i do?

well it's not impossible but not very likely
I'm pretty sure video game violence does not render them as not ad friendly otherwise no one who plays cod, battlefield and so on woul make money on yt

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Unfortunately this is one of the many things that YouTube needs to work on - it seems like they need better explaination about what constitutes ad friendly as this is hitting some channels pretty hard. It might be worth mentioning this to Freedom support as if enough people mention this they may be able to speak to YouTube on your behalf and maybe influence a change to these practises in the future. Unfortunately for this moment there isn't much else you can do

EmperorFun

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 28, 2017
YouTube
Kaiser_Spass
Unfortunately this is one of the many things that YouTube needs to work on - it seems like they need better explaination about what constitutes ad friendly as this is hitting some channels pretty hard. It might be worth mentioning this to Freedom support as if enough people mention this they may be able to speak to YouTube on your behalf and maybe influence a change to these practises in the future. Unfortunately for this moment there isn't much else you can do

I don't think youtube will change how they handle this, they want to avoid another adpocalypse so they gonna keep it as strict as possible

MrSpecies7

Freedom! Member
Jan 29, 2015
Canada
YouTube
I have also seen , even among some very large YouTube providers a sort of "guilt by association" thing going on.
You may watch some seemingly innocuous channel ,say trout fishing for example and like the video with a big thumbs up.
You may not realize that the channel you just watched regularly associates with You Tubes "less than desirable" channels.
This can lead to people viewing YOUR channel and seeing recommendations for stuff you would never watch or perhaps even tolerate.
There is a very popular Australian Tech review channel where the creator had been informed by a concerned viewer about some of the "racist" recommendations in their channel bar and was concerned (and savvy) enough to look into it further. When he logged in with a friends account and viewed his channel. . . well not only was he shocked by some of the videos listed that he supposedly recommended but also began to realize why his several hundred thousand view per video channel had suddenly lost huge subscriber and viewer numbers in the preceding few months.
It seems that You Tube has grown beyond what human management and control can handle before the tools that could do it without human intervention worked well enough to truly handle the job.
Very little we can do at this point but hang on for the ride and hope they eventually smooth out the bumps.

Vigilant

Aug 24, 2017
YouTube
TheVigilantYT
YouTube is a bit broken I think. I had a Farming Simulator video flagged.....yeah.....FARMING SIMULATOR. The entire video was harvesting and storing wheat. I have no answer back as to why yet.

Are you serious? RIP.

I wonder if YouTube is having some strange stuff because TBH they've been making some updates to their website and they have been quiet for a bit, which may singal they are working on something big and messed up their flag freature.

MrSpecies7

Freedom! Member
Jan 29, 2015
Canada
YouTube
sometimes the youtube system is terrible. and it sucks that you can't even contact youtube anymore for help and support
Sure you can . . .just don't expect a reply. I have "contacted" YouTube many times over the years with different issues and even when the issues have been resolved I never received a direct answer or contact from anyone.[DOUBLEPOST=1503886799][/DOUBLEPOST]LOL so Youtube just dinged my last Farm Sim 17 video as unsuitable....wow.
So I am looking to buy 4 XXL pairs of pants (preferably with 4 legs each) for my cows and if possible 20 small chicken dresses.
Somehow I will make my channel suitable for advertisers again!

Last edited:

DogMan Dan

Gamer/Content Creator
Freedom! Member
There are a couple obvious things you can do to your channel. Your header alone promotes violence & gunplay . YouTube does not like "guns" shown in thumbnails or channel artwork.

Change a lot of your titles to remove weapons, or battle, or fight, etc as all of these will trigger the new algorithm.

You are going to have to work hard at figuring out exactly what is triggering the issues and fix them. I am working hard daily to correct as many of mine as possible and believe that I have a significant amount of "non-ad friendly" content suddenly.

Hit that manual review button anyway if you believe you are not breaking any guidelines. I have been successful on a couple that did not have the view requirement.