What Game Got You Into Gaming?

I'm going to be dating myself here, but what the hell, I'm an old ass so here we go. It wasn't the Nintendo Entertainment System or even Sega, no my first glimpse into gaming was when my family bought an Atari 2600. I can remember being amazed and enthralled with games like Pitfall, River Raid, hell even the God awful port of Pac-Man and it kind of spitballed from there.

I was enthralled and captivated by gaming. It stimulated my imagination and something about it spoke to me. The first game, however, that really clued me into the fact that I wanted to be involved in gaming beyond enjoying them as a hobby however was Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and the following Soul Reaver titles. The story, the voice acting, the cinematics. That was the first time I really understood that Gaming could be more than entertainment, it could be art, it could be vivid and moving and captivating and from that moment on I had the inkling, the desire to be a part of it in some small fashion and that is what lead me to eventually say, you know what, the hell with it. I'm making my own youtube channel, I'm going to start growing a community, entertain people the best that I can and I am going to do it with my love of gaming and now here I am on the start of that journey that began all those years ago sitting in front of that Atari 2600.

D

Deleted member 167676

How much I loved to play them? Definitely WWF No Mercy, as you can tell I'm an oldie

Freedom! Nero

Freedom! Member
Apr 26, 2017
When i got my ps1 when i was a kid i was hooked with re3 then when i got my ps2 kingdom hearts paved the way for me to be so hooked in video games.

Billy AngelWing

May 1, 2017
YouTube
Definitely crash bandicoot on the ps1. Back then when I was a child I soon realised how much I loved gaming while playing that. Crash Bash brought out my competitive side more.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
It may not have been your first game ever, but what game made you realize how much you loved to play them or made you actively competitive?
The game that made competitive first was Mario Kart on the Wii. The first game to make online competitive was Call of Duty: Black Ops.
I grew up watching my mom play video games. That's what got me so into video gaming. Honestly, I still kinda think that my mom is better at games than I am, bad wrist or not.

Or are you talking about what games I've played that got me into it? Because I couldn't tell you.

Red Bean

Feb 17, 2017
twitter.com
YouTube
redassasin101
I grew up watching my mom play video games. That's what got me so into video gaming. Honestly, I still kinda think that my mom is better at games than I am, bad wrist or not.

Or are you talking about what games I've played that got me into it? Because I couldn't tell you.
Don't worry, there aren't any strict rules to how you had to answer this question. That answer was just fine.

FingertipPhil

New User
Freedom! Member
Jun 20, 2017
YouTube
fingertipphil
Well for me it has to be - Wing Commander on my dad's old 486 - looooveeed that game! - Mark Hamill voiced one of the characters too! simple but awesome! - kill them Kilrathi! :D

D

Deleted member 17740

for me, it was the original pokemon games from the Gameboy era.