Should I get Overwatch?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I can't honestly say yet, as I haven't played it. If you are gaming on the PS4 they do have an open weekend in which you can download and play the game. I intend to make use of that tomorrow to make up my mind

Billy AngelWing

May 1, 2017
YouTube
Oh
I can't honestly say yet, as I haven't played it. If you are gaming on the PS4 they do have an open weekend in which you can download and play the game. I intend to make use of that tomorrow to make up my mind
Oh decent, I may have to try it myself. Thanks for letting me know mate.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Your most welcome. Also I have just tried to Free weekend, and I have to say if you like competitive, fun online matches with a range of different characters and abilities you should definitely get Overwatch. I think I will be buying after the weekend is up :)

Billy AngelWing

May 1, 2017
YouTube
Your most welcome. Also I have just tried to Free weekend, and I have to say if you like competitive, fun online matches with a range of different characters and abilities you should definitely get Overwatch. I think I will be buying after the weekend is up :)
Decent mate, yh I might give it a go. Thankso mate

Freedom! Nero

Freedom! Member
Apr 26, 2017
You can download it now for free I believe it has a "free weekend" trial thing. It's a really fun game. It get's very tactical when you climb the rank ladder.

Freedom! Nero

Freedom! Member
Apr 26, 2017
Yep. If you do decide to buy the game you should get the origins one so that you'll get the origins skins. =)

Also, let's play if together along with other Freedom! members. It'll be an awesome video. I'm not really good at the game though. =)

Reactions: Billy AngelWing

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Personally I wouldn't, well that's just me though (I play TF2). I find the game to be a modern version of it with simplified gameplay, lots of chokes, dustbowl style maps (lots of stalemates), movement mechanises added to a button press rather than learning to do it & Q....just q. I still don't mind the game as it is, I just don't see the appeal of playing over TF2's higher skill ceiling.​

Reactions: Billy AngelWing

Billy AngelWing

May 1, 2017
YouTube
Personally I wouldn't, well that's just me though (I play TF2). I find the game to be a modern version of it with simplified gameplay, lots of chokes, dustbowl style maps (lots of stalemates), movement mechanises added to a button press rather than learning to do it & Q....just q. I still don't mind the game as it is, I just don't see the appeal of playing over TF2's higher skill ceiling.​
I just checked the game out on your channel. It does look quite interesting.[DOUBLEPOST=1496069083][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yep. If you do decide to buy the game you should get the origins one so that you'll get the origins skins. =)

Also, let's play if together along with other Freedom! members. It'll be an awesome video. I'm not really good at the game though. =)
Yh if I do get it then that would be great. What console do u play on?[DOUBLEPOST=1496069156][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes Overwatch is really fun with people :) and so much people to play with , PC Version AWESOME xbox version Cool ps4 version cool :)
Yh I have heard that it is a really popular game. Which is one reason I was thinking of getting it.

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
I believe Overwatch can really become competitive where TF2 isn't and u will actually like the hero style into it
I love playing this game and if u have played Overwatch in this free weekend and if u like it then give it a go
Some people say why waste so much but then people wasted their money on Call Of Duty too but this game is great to play and fun too

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I believe Overwatch can really become competitive where TF2 isn't and u will actually like the hero style into it
I love playing this game and if u have played Overwatch in this free weekend and if u like it then give it a go
Some people say why waste so much but then people wasted their money on Call Of Duty too but this game is great to play and fun too

Yea, well TF2 its really depends on the match, you can get really close games in TF2 with people working together and all, the MYM update actually helped the game in more focus on the objective & team composition. It really just depends on which game you like the look of more and feel like you'll want to play.

For the OP, this may help you decided which one will be better for you.

Overwatch
Lots of Hero's (Classes pretty much)
6 V 6 format (Only) & 4 V AI on PvE gamemodes
more popular (Its newer)
Better Competitive scene (World Cup & In Game Competitive e.t.c)
More frequent updates (Newer so it has a large Dev team working on it)
Well rounded game with not many bugs

TF2
Lots of sub classes (using weapon unlock combo's)
6 V 6 & 12 V 12 or more (also 9 V 9 if you include Highlander)
Free To Play
Better Character Customisation (Lots of cosmetic items & combinations)
Arguably a higher skill ceiling (blast jumping, positioning e.t.c)
Arguably better taunts (& taunt kills)

Reactions: zeke morgan