YouTube Got a false copyright claim by YalaMusic_Ent

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
What do you mean by False Claim? What part of the video are they disputing?
They're just claiming a random part of the video that cannot be claimed in anything other than a false way. Apparently other people had a history with this particular company/person with false claims. But I don't know what choices to click to dispute the claim. Why is there no choice related to the possibility that the ones claiming the content do not own anything in the video?

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
As above, you need to dispute it stating that you have the rights to use it and you can state that the claimer does not own the rights if you are 100% sure that they do not.

That is what I do and has worked 100% of the time.

darkcade1

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 23, 2015
YouTube
Appeal it saying you have rights to use the content. Contacting YouTube is the worst idea I ever heard as one Google search already shows they are a huge company. That's not a copyright troll lmao

Merely offering a single solution to his problems, may not be the best but at the time he was unable to find a relevant section to appeal the claim.

Additionally a Company/Person that attempts to claim copyright in an opportunistic way such as this without producing or licencing the works claimed is the very essence of a copyright troll.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Merely offering a single solution to his problems, may not be the best but at the time he was unable to find a relevant section to appeal the claim.

Additionally a Company/Person that attempts to claim copyright in an opportunistic way such as this without producing or licencing the works claimed is the very essence of a copyright troll.
They may have it licensed, not really a way for you to find that out. Also it was likely an automated claim, meaning YouTube identified it. "Copyright Trolling" really stopped being a thing through CID with YouTube actually watching over CID and companies using it.

Reactions: darkcade1

darkcade1

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 23, 2015
YouTube
They may have it licensed, not really a way for you to find that out. Also it was likely an automated claim, meaning YouTube identified it. "Copyright Trolling" really stopped being a thing through CID with YouTube actually watching over CID and companies using it.
A fair point mate.

MasterJPixel

Rising User
Mar 5, 2017
YouTube
masterjpixel1
Contact Freedom support or as others have said, dispute it.

Or if you've taken YouTube Copyright School, you can wait like three months for it to expire. But most people don't know what that is.

KeithExplores

Freedom! Member
I got a claim on the visuals of a Happy Wheels video, and I don't know what to do. There's no option for false claims in the dispute thing. How do I dispute a false claim?

Read this food for thought before you go disputing anything. This is some advice I gave on another topic re - disputes. If you have any questions, lets know. I've had a lot of bad experiences like this, with trolls, and right-out assholes. Michael Lee is a friend of mine, and he previously helped me with a list of false claims. So if your counter claim is not settled or rested after disputing it, let me know, and I'll ask him to help you with it.

Screenshot the claim and attach it here?

Frankly, anyone can claim to be another copyright claimant, who is in fact claiming on your videos out of spite, dislike of you, or your channel. Youtube is full of devious haters and they have a terribly flawed copyright system which seriously needs to go in the bin, because its toxic and easily abused. I've had video strikes on my content when I started my channel long ago, and the claimant had no right to even claim at all.

But I found out that the person who's name was stated as the claimant, only claimed on a minority of my videos. The other claims where by another youtube user using someone else's name. This is illegal as its also a false CR claim, which can result in the person claiming; being sued if you counterclaim your case.

Don't fear the youtube CR dispute system. If you feel your video is fair use, then counterclaim it. Because it will cost the person thousands to bring you to court to begin with. (Unlikely to happen). Likely resulting in the claim being retracted by the alleged claimant.

Also, if you do decide to counter claim, do not put in your home address or your phone number on he counterclaim form, as this is sent to the person making the claim against you. This info can be used by hackers to gain access to your youtube account. They do this by requesting your mobile provider to ship a new sim card to whatever address the hackers claim you've moved too. + Various other methods I shall not list.

So, use a solicitor/lawyer when asked for your contact info on a youtube counterclaim form. Also note; filling out a counter claim form is obligatory and likely a violation of your data protection privacy in your country. (Depending which country you are in)

See this video by H3H3Productions. What Ethan did not say, is how the hackers knew his phone number to provide it to T-Mobile. When the likely reality is that they placed a false copyright claim on his video, and when he counterclaimed it, he most likely submitted this to a hacker through youtubes counter claim system. NOTE: All counter claims you make are submitted back to the claimant on behalf of Google/Youtube. Any claimant can be a mischievous hacker looking to gain access to your account.

I hope some of this post may help you and people who may be facing claims of this nature. They are not always legitimate! I previously made a video of this, and exposed Youtubes copyright system, but I've refrained from posting my video because when this happened to me, I was angry at the time and there is a little swearing in it. :D Wasn't sure if it be suitable for the forums here.

Peace

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
Read this food for thought before you go disputing anything. This is some advice I gave on another topic re - disputes. If you have any questions, lets know. I've had a lot of bad experiences like this, with trolls, and right-out assholes. Michael Lee is a friend of mine, and he previously helped me with a list of false claims. So if your counter claim is not settled or rested after disputing it, let me know, and I'll ask him to help you with it.
I already have disputed it, and have to wait until June 28, but I haven't gotten a response yet.