YouTube Dead Channel

M&Mnz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
I took a 6 month break from YouTube and came back around the end of April. That period of time killed my channel and I barely can pull over 10 view per video anymore. I'm not to sure if I should make another channel or wait another week for something to happen.

Any suggestion would be appreciated
Thank you.

SunnyVibez

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2017
YouTube
sunnyvibez_yt
i know how that is, happend to my first channel too! but i started this one then, and really working on daily uploads (2-3 missed days). On my other channel (wich i havent uploaded for like 5-6months aswell), i upload when i have something. Its really up to yourself, wanna start something new or stick to the old channel? I mean, that the views are so low is kinda normaly, because they all think you wouldn't upload. But if you share enought, and try your best on uploading again, they will see that and you can communicate again with them, and grow together ;-). And dont be sad if the views are low. if you made it once, you can do it again! :)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I took a 6 month break from YouTube and came back around the end of April. That period of time killed my channel and I barely can pull over 10 view per video anymore. I'm not to sure if I should make another channel or wait another week for something to happen.

Any suggestion would be appreciated
Thank you.
Personally I would suggest sticking with your current channel. It could just be due to the time that you had off your subscribers aren't checking your channel frequently and as such may start rewatching once they notice you are back. Also I always say if your going to take time off from Youtube for extended periods let your viewers know - notify them with a video as then they know when you are going to be gone and when they should start coming back to your channel.

Another thing to consider if that maybe you aren't pulling in as many views as you once did because your subscribers / viewers aren't enjoying your most recent content or don't have a reason to watch this. It may not be anything to worry about.

Reactions: SunnyVibez

M&Mnz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
Personally I would suggest sticking with your current channel. It could just be due to the time that you had off your subscribers aren't checking your channel frequently and as such may start rewatching once they notice you are back. Also I always say if your going to take time off from Youtube for extended periods let your viewers know - notify them with a video as then they know when you are going to be gone and when they should start coming back to your channel.

Another thing to consider if that maybe you aren't pulling in as many views as you once did because your subscribers / viewers aren't enjoying your most recent content or don't have a reason to watch this. It may not be anything to worry about.

Its basically what you said^ Almost all of my subscribers subscribed to me because of my funny moments gaming videos. Since I've stop making them, it will be like this until I get a new fan-base.

KeithExplores

Freedom! Member
Its basically what you said^ Almost all of my subscribers subscribed to me because of my funny moments gaming videos. Since I've stop making them, it will be like this until I get a new fan-base.
Don't quit, keep going, and if you have changed the type of videos you upload, you will be targeting a new fan-base which is likely going to result in loss of views and subs. But you will rebuild that with a new fan-base. Keep your channel on track, and try not mislead your viewers as to what your channel is about and what they can expect.