Awesome gaming rigs

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
If you have a gaming rig (computer) that you made, can you post a picture of it or the list of the parts so others who are thinking about building a computer can see it and maybe inspire them.

I am in the process of building mine. I just have to wait for the parts to come in.

If you use pcpartspicker, then let us see what you have on that list so the community here can maybe give you some good advice.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It's big and its expensive.

My biggest tip is to not have a set budget and buy the high end things as you can afford them.

Attachments

• 12718169_967718813306637_7542552942529656910_n (1).jpg
    12718169_967718813306637_7542552942529656910_n (1).jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Nostalgic Gamer

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
Have you tried using Liquidsky? It's a cloud gaming pc. I use it a lot and I have a great experience with it. Though it's in beta, missing key things for YouTube like microphone input straight from your computer to the cloud computer, but it can edit videos and play high end games. It's cheap compared to making a high end gaming rig too (per month).

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
You can see mine here: http://devj.uk/equipment
Its nothing special or anything, pretty budget, but still does a good job. Cost me around 700 in total. I just bough it in steps rather than all at once. First the basic PC with CPU, Motherboard, RAM & 1TB storage. Then the GPU after doing a lot of research the R9 380 was the better choice over the GTX 960. Didn't go for the R9 390 cause it would fit in my case. Then just got extra storage and an SSD when I could.​

Have you tried using Liquidsky? It's a cloud gaming pc. I use it a lot and I have a great experience with it. Though it's in beta, missing key things for YouTube like microphone input straight from your computer to the cloud computer, but it can edit videos and play high end games. It's cheap compared to making a high end gaming rig too (per month).

Yea thats all good and all but in the long run you'll be paying more and it required a good internet connection which not everyone has. plus you still need a PC or laptop that can stream HD content to use it. You wouldn't be able to use it if your internet went down too. Its a nice idea though I must admit.​

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
Its nothing special or anything, pretty budget, but still does a good job. Cost me around 700 in total. I just bough it in steps rather than all at once. First the basic PC with CPU, Motherboard, RAM & 1TB storage. Then the GPU after doing a lot of research the R9 380 was the better choice over the GTX 960. Didn't go for the R9 390 cause it would fit in my case. Then just got extra storage and an SSD when I could.​

Yea thats all good and all but in the long run you'll be paying more and it required a good internet connection which not everyone has. plus you still need a PC or laptop that can stream HD content to use it. You wouldn't be able to use it if your internet went down too. Its a nice idea though I must admit.​
Fair enough. It's just that I don't have thousands to spend on a PC right now. I'd rather spend $10 a month. I guess it depends on each individual situation which you choose.

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
It's big and its expensive.

My biggest tip is to not have a set budget and buy the high end things as you can afford them.

I have a budget but, it is not low... My budget is between 3-4k but it does take a bit to get the parts. Thanks for the tip[DOUBLEPOST=1495002177][/DOUBLEPOST]

I can check into that for people who don't know how to build a PC but want to have the PC gaming experience. I have heard of them but I would like to build a computer that will last for a long time (5-10 years hopefully).(y) (Y)(y) (Y)(y) (Y)

That is a nice setup and you gave me an idea for my laptop. I also like your website layout, what did you use for that or did you do it yourself?(y) (Y):D

Last edited:

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
Just the basics of mine:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.4GHz (4 Cores), ~4.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB DDR4 RAM 2133Mhz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI
Graphics 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI
Monitor 1: Asus PB287Q 28" 4K 60Hz UHD
Monitor 2+3: 24" BenQ 1080p 120Hz

XxstonyxX

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 8, 2015
Boston
YouTube
Xxst0ny42xX
hey i want to know more detail about Liquidsky are you still using it ?

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
Just the basics of mine:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.4GHz (4 Cores), ~4.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB DDR4 RAM 2133Mhz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI
Graphics 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI
Monitor 1: Asus PB287Q 28" 4K 60Hz UHD
Monitor 2+3: 24" BenQ 1080p 120Hz

Wow :eek: that is an awesome setup. I will show mine once I get all the parts. Hopefully next month (or tomorrow) will be the month hat I can start building my computer.(y) (Y)(y) (Y)(y) (Y)

I used pcpartspicker for mine as well. I like your setup, nice, simple, and effective for all that you are trying to accomplish. Hope you are enjoying your compuer(if you don't have it already) or hope you enjoy building it.(y) (Y)(y) (Y)

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
Thanks a lot! Yeah I have had it for a month or two and I love it. If Destiny 2 supports SLI the. I will get another 1080

Just imagine that baby with 2-way SLI on max settings on Destiny 2. I'm starting to melt just thinking about that.:):eek: