Trippst3r

Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2016
United States
YouTube
ItsTrippst3r
Article: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6051134

It seems YouTube has done some good, despite their bumpy history. They have finally forbidden sub4sub, as it is now officially in their TOS. To quote a small section of what they had to say:

Additionally, services that attempt to boost YouTube subscriber numbers through automated means or via a marketplace violate our Terms of Service, such as:
  • Purchasing subscribers from third-party websites
  • "Sub4sub" exchanges and services from third-party websites that subscribe you to multiple channels which then subscribe to you back
I'm not going to say too much more from the article as you can read it yourself, but don't be discouraged if your subscriber counts happen to lower in the near future. They are constantly trying to weed out spam channels and suspended channels from subscriber counts.

I am grateful that they finally took a stand on a matter that is irritating to the honest creators! I look forward to the future and what it holds for myself and my fellow creators. Best of luck to you all!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Article: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6051134

It seems YouTube has done some good, despite their bumpy history. They have finally forbidden sub4sub, as it is now officially in their TOS. To quote a small section of what they had to say:

I'm not going to say too much more from the article as you can read it yourself, but don't be discouraged if your subscriber counts happen to lower in the near future. They are constantly trying to weed out spam channels and suspended channels from subscriber counts.

I am grateful that they finally took a stand on a matter that is irritating to the honest creators! I look forward to the future and what it holds for myself and my fellow creators. Best of luck to you all!
What a relief that they do this! A +1 for the honest and hard working channels :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
so they didn't ban sub4sub, just the automated version where you have to login onto a side
Actually, you see earlier in the article linked above, it also says

YouTube Article said:
"Offering to subscribe to another creator’s channel solely in exchange for them subscribing to your channel, also known as "Sub4Sub," is not allowed. Creators who offer such exchanges risk losing subscriber numbers, receiving a Terms of Use strike, or even having their channel terminated."

Now they say that it can lead to channel termination, but each time that I've reported someone for it they remain active on their channel and continue their destructive Sub4Sub habit.

Reactions: MasterJPixel

Hamzartefax

Freedom! Member
Anyway Sub4Sub is not a good way to grow your youtube channel obviously because you don't gain so much visibility and users are sub but never watch videos and sometimes they just unsub. It's like facebook groups to share content from youtube, everyone share videos but no one watch videos of others ^^

Winter Psycho

Rising User
Jul 7, 2016
YouTube
Its about time! I'v been telling peope Sub4Sub is REALLY, REALLY bad for a channel. "oh i have 10k subs kid" *"Yea? Well I have active subs"* is what I always say to people.

Its pretty obvious who used Sub4Sub or sub bots on new channels, and in the end makes you look pretty unprofessional.