Gaara406

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 11, 2014
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
YouTube
Hey guys and gals and other people!

Haha, so I used to have a series on my channel back in the days, called Shout Out Saturdays! Here's an example episode!

As you can see, fairly poor quality but the idea behind the series was really cool and nice and was my way of giving back to other small youtube channels and the community in general which is something I'm really passionate about doing.

So my question is, do I bring the series back, I have started updating my channel recently and I was thinking about starting the series back up again! Would anyone be keen for this?! :D

xXiAmPr3dAtOrXx

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I think it's a great idea to bring it back, not only because it'll be great for networking, but also it's another kind of video to break up your content and keep your viewer base interested. Only thing I would be careful with Gaara is doing this and requiring the to be subbed as yes it'll get your number of subscribers up, but will not increase viewership as people are only there for the shoutout. However, if you dedicate the series to ACTIVE subscribers, that should work out a lot better for you. :)

Gaara406

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 11, 2014
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
YouTube
I think it's a great idea to bring it back, not only because it'll be great for networking, but also it's another kind of video to break up your content and keep your viewer base interested. Only thing I would be careful with Gaara is doing this and requiring the to be subbed as yes it'll get your number of subscribers up, but will not increase viewership as people are only there for the shoutout. However, if you dedicate the series to ACTIVE subscribers, that should work out a lot better for you. :)
Nah, I ain't one of those you have to sub me thing. If you want out of free choice, go ham man, I won't complain but deff isn't compulsory, that takes all the goodness out of why I want to start this series anyway; but yeah, great point to make though :)

Reactions: xXiAmPr3dAtOrXx

xXiAmPr3dAtOrXx

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Wow that's really noble, I wish you all the best of luck with all that and everything in future, you are the kind of creator Freedom! is all about. It's about helping one another and growing together, truly an inspiration to members new and old.

Reactions: Gaara406

SnakeCity

Freedom! Member
Jun 21, 2015
YouTube
Honestly I see so many people do this and I myself am thinking of doing something like this as well! My honest opinion is if you can bring it back, then do it! It not only helps you meet so many new content creators and maybe new potential online collaborators but also just helps share the love of the youtubers who are small, who arent that big on youtube and that deserve the shoutout.

SnakeCity

Freedom! Member
Jun 21, 2015
YouTube
I would love a shoutout. For not quitting youtube for 4 years and continuing I feel like it could help me.
I would go with it. A lot of YouTubers are doing shout out videos at the moment. I would love to featured on it by the way ;)

She isn't asking for who wants a shout out. Obviously any hard-working Youtuber would want to be shouted out for their commitment and hard work but she isnt asking that. She is asking for advice from fellow creators. Sorry if this sounds harsh it's honestly just to say not everything is about getting a shout out

Mr Grim

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2017
Swansea
YouTube
swanseajack999
She isn't asking for who wants a shout out. Obviously any hard-working Youtuber would want to be shouted out for their commitment and hard work but she isnt asking that. She is asking for advice from fellow creators. Sorry if this sounds harsh it's honestly just to say not everything is about getting a shout out
It does bother me one bit if I didn't get a shout out. I was just saying that's all. She asked a question and I answered it...