Comments Mods / Admins are humans too

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hello everyone

I want to start of by saying that for the most part all the time I spend on the forums each day is really nice, I get to catch up with users I have gotten to know rather well, help out with support queries, interact with new users, celebrate milestones and generally just try to be there for anyone who needs help. However in the week or so a few instances from users (who shall remain nameless) have gotten to me.

So I wanted to create this quick post to remind all users of the forum that moderators and administrators are humans too - they are not there to catch you out, they do not persecute people and will generally try to give you as much "benefit of the doubt" as possible regarding any wrongdoings on the forums. With that being said if someone doesn't follow the forum rules then as mentioned on the forum rules "Mods/Admins reserve the rights to enforce these rules to each unique situation."

I know I speak for the whole forum team in saying that we just want people / users of this forum to have as much fun as possible, we want to engage discussions, create a collective "community" feeling, and help as many people as we can. If you do feel like we have gone too far or don't agree with a decision (This can be from a manual report that's been made, removing a post you had, or even moderating the chat) that has been made then feel free to message us - as long as your courteous and polite (and treat us like a normal human being) then we really don't mind explaining our reasoning to you. I'm sure there will be some instances were you disagree with our decisions but venting this against our YouTube channels (if applicable) or berating us isn't a nice thing to do, we have procedures in place so if you feel we have acted harshly contact one of the administrators and they can look into this.

Also one last point please don't try to find loopholes regarding the forum rules - they are there so everyone has an enjoyable experience on the forums.

Anyway I think I should finish this little ramble here so thank you for reading and remember if you have any questions or queries then please don't hesitate to get in touch with the friendly forum staff members :)

Last edited:

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Great post Zeke! Sometimes we have to remove threads to keep sections on topic, nothing against the user that posts them. As Zeke said if you do believe your thread shouldn't have been moved or given a warning that you shouldn't have (we do make mistakes sometimes!) you can always contact me and I'll be happy to check it out :)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Great post Zeke! Sometimes we have to remove threads to keep sections on topic, nothing against the user that posts them. As Zeke said if you do believe your thread shouldn't have been moved or given a warning that you shouldn't have (we do make mistakes sometimes!) you can always contact me and I'll be happy to check it out :)
Thank you for your reply Koala :)

D

Deleted member 17740

Hopefully people read this and realise that fact.
Anyways i hope that all the staff (Mods/admins) on the forums are :D today!

Shadlynx

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 18, 2016
Is there anyway to help moderators and admins to not waste much time?

Last edited:

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Is there anyway to help moderators and admins to not waste much time?
I wouldn't say we waste time, normally when were on the forums we are doing some form of work, be that handing out warnings for rule breakers or moving threads that are in the incorrect places, or just simply dealing with questions and queries. One thing that does help us out is when people use the "report" functionality to report to us threads / messages or people that are breaking the rules as with the vast amount of threads we can't always see all of them.

Are we human?
Or are we dancer?
My sign is vital
My hands are cold
And I'm on my knees
Looking for the answer
Are we human?
Or are we dancer?
:p
I will admit it took me to like the third line to work out what this was on about XD

D

Deleted member 17740

I wouldn't say we waste time, normally when were on the forums we are doing some form of work, be that handing out warnings for rule breakers or moving threads that are in the incorrect places, or just simply dealing with questions and queries. One thing that does help us out is when people use the "report" functionality to report to us threads / messages or people that are breaking the rules as with the vast amount of threads we can't always see all of them.

I will admit it took me to like the third line to work out what this was on about XD
I still don't get that song