YouTube Questions

Honest Biggums

New User
Jan 5, 2017
YouTube
honestbiggums
Can anyone tell me the best possible way to avoid copyright claims without using any of the music thats here on Freedom? Not saying I wont use it, but there are songs I'd like to use for the videos I make, but I dont want to get hit with copyright claims and Freedom doesnt exactly have every song I could ever need.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well without using any of the music offered by the network, you could always looking at things like NoCopyrightSound, who as long as you link their channel and give credit to them in the description you can use their music. Or just look up free to use music / non copyright music as I'm sure this will pull up a whole bunch. The only option you have if neither of those take you fancy is contacting the publishers / creators of the music you wish to use and get their permission to use it first - but then you might not be able to monetise your videos / have the monetisation claimed by them as it is still their music being played

ThxAqua

Rising User
May 8, 2016
Estonia
There are dedicated channels for music that isn't copyrighted :)

There are some I can think of right now is NoCopyrightSounds and FlyingTunes but remember to read their video description!
You have to most likely give the link to the music you used in ur video in ur description.

edit: Youtube themselves have a channel of sorts that lists non-copyright music HERE

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
but ppl told me that if i have animations on my channel no network will accept me
Well you could always apply and see what happens, unfortunately I'm not one that reviews channels to be accepted to the Freedom community so I can't give your a 100% definitive answer, sorry

gunsage

Freedom! Member
Can anyone tell me the best possible way to avoid copyright claims without using any of the music thats here on Freedom? Not saying I wont use it, but there are songs I'd like to use for the videos I make, but I dont want to get hit with copyright claims and Freedom doesnt exactly have every song I could ever need.
The best thing to do is to NOT use mainstream music. In fact, I would say maybe scour sites that have free music that you're allowed to use for your videos. One good option that I think is still around is the Newgrounds Music Portal. If you find a clip you really, REALLY like and would like to use it, say, for your intro/outro, you could always contact the person who made it on there to discuss details.