Antiscape: Below Reality (Game Development)

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
UPDATED; 06-01-2017

As many of you already know I am creating a game. It is no secret that I am doing so.
Through the last few months I have been planning out, everything... Yes everything I could imagine about what the game should be about, the genre of it, plannings of the maps and ect.
Today I want to show give you all a insider perspective on what I planned on the game so far (y) (Y)

Genre
The genre of the game was originally inspired by Portal 2. As my very first idea was to make the game a puzzle based game. However my plans decided to go in a different direction. The game will still follow up in a sci fy envioment but instead of make it a puzzle game (like portal 2) I would include gothic elements from the Horror Genre.

The Story
The story take place in a underground facility. You play as a female character, who awakes from cryosleep in the medbay. You have no knowledge of what is going on, what you are doing there and where everyone is. You just know, you want to get out. Everyone is either dead or disappeared, exept of the chef of engineering "Sam" who will become your lifeline and helper through great danger.

Mapping
I have explained to a few I will be using UE4 (Unreal Engine version 4.14) to make the design of the player accessable map. The full game will be divided into 6 "Levels", which will lead to different sections of the game. Here is a quick overview of the rooms for each level.

1. Facility Exit, Vehicle bay, surface observation deck.
  2. Air Filtration sector, Communication relay, Tram system, Main control room, storage.
  3. Main Engineering deck, Computer core, Server room, offices, hardware storage, small research area.
  4. Medical bay, Meeting hall, reception.
  5. Generator control, (not all planned)
  6. (Not yet planned)
Easter Eggs!
Yes thats right (y) (Y)
What is a game without some great and fun easter eggs to be found?
In the game there will be hidden rooms, small objects, text files and dialogs, which can be found by the player. The easter can be in any form, in any size and be anywere, so look carefully ;)

Final quotes
Before I round this post off I want to give my gratitude towards a few members, who have helped me throughout the planning process. Both @tyler larson , @Gamenatic and @Ghostifier have all proved alot of hard work into the early plannings of the game.

I would also love to hear some feedback from the community on your thoughs of the project.
So be free to ask me anything about the game, maybe even come with a few suggestions of what you think could be a good addition to it. :eek:

Also be free to answer the Poll displayed abow this post and give me a generel idea of the what people think.
This is all for now. I bring in some updates later on if people are interested in knowing more about my project :D

Project_FAQ

We plan on distribute our projects in both virtual and physical form. The demo versions of our games can be optained through giveaways or by contacting our CEO at [email protected]
We do allow users to upload videos of our game to YouTube or Twitch (as long they have a Creator license)

Distribution of any physical or virtual copies of the game itself is strictly forbidden.
A creators license can only be given to you through directly contact with us.

A creator lincense is a custom written file, which explain your rights for uploading videos from our games. A user license only allow to play the game without distribution. A user license is given as a included file to all who optain a legal copy of our games.

Screenshots:
https://gyazo.com/30617637327eb57dc4075f7ca4422695
https://gyazo.com/b89577f1fc3ef630dd26f3bb397591e1
Animation example: https://twitter.com/LLD_Development/status/817461520779145217

Last edited:

Roachhie

Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2017
South Dakota
YouTube
xRoachh
UPDATED; 06-01-2017

As many of you already know I am creating a game. It is no secret that I am doing so.
Through the last few months I have been planning out, everything... Yes everything I could imagine about what the game should be about, the genre of it, plannings of the maps and ect.
Today I want to show give you all a insider perspective on what I planned on the game so far (y) (Y)

Genre
The genre of the game was originally inspired by Portal 2. As my very first idea was to make the game a puzzle based game. However my plans decided to go in a different direction. The game will still follow up in a sci fy envioment but instead of make it a puzzle game (like portal 2) I would include gothic elements from the Horror Genre.

The Story
The story take place in a underground facility. You play as a female character, who awakes from cryosleep in the medbay. You have no knowledge of what is going on, what you are doing there and where everyone is. You just know, you want to get out. Everyone is either dead or disappeared, exept of the chef of engineering "Sam" who will become your lifeline and helper through great danger.

Mapping
I have explained to a few I will be using UE4 (Unreal Engine version 4.14) to make the design of the player accessable map. The full game will be divided into 6 "Levels", which will lead to different sections of the game. Here is a quick overview of the rooms for each level.

1. Facility Exit, Vehicle bay, surface observation deck.
  2. Air Filtration sector, Communication relay, Tram system, Main control room, storage.
  3. Main Engineering deck, Computer core, Server room, offices, hardware storage, small research area.
  4. Medical bay, Meeting hall, reception.
  5. Generator control, (not all planned)
  6. (Not yet planned)
Easter Eggs!
Yes thats right (y) (Y)
What is a game without some great and fun easter eggs to be found?
In the game there will be hidden rooms, small objects, text files and dialogs, which can be found by the player. The easter can be in any form, in any size and be anywere, so look carefully ;)

Final quotes
Before I round this post off I want to give my gratitude towards a few members, who have helped me throughout the planning process. Both @tyler larson , @Gamenatic , @Showcase One Media and @Ghostifier have all proved alot of hard work into the early plannings of the game.

I would also love to hear some feedback from the community on your thoughs of the project.
So be free to ask me anything about the game, maybe even come with a few suggestions of what you think could be a good addition to it. :eek:

Also be free to answer the Poll displayed abow this post and give me a generel idea of the what people think.
This is all for now. I bring in some updates later on if people are interested in knowing more about my project :D

Project_FAQ

We plan on distribute our projects in both virtual and physical form. The demo versions of our games can be optained through giveaways or by contacting our CEO at [email protected]
We do allow users to upload videos of our game to YouTube or Twitch (as long they have a Creator license)

Distribution of any physical or virtual copies of the game itself is strictly forbidden.
A creators license can only be given to you through directly contact with us.

A creator lincense is a custom written file, which explain your rights for uploading videos from our games. A user license only allow to play the game without distribution. A user license is given as a included file to all who optain a legal copy of our games.
Yes. We have a few requirements towards the platforms you distribute our games on. We however will not set a specific amount of followers or views. Since we want to speak with you and personally review your capabilities.

Screenshots:
https://gyazo.com/30617637327eb57dc4075f7ca4422695
https://gyazo.com/b89577f1fc3ef630dd26f3bb397591e1
Animation example: https://twitter.com/LLD_Development/status/817461520779145217

I really think you could be on to something huge with this. It sounds and looks like a GREAT idea so far, and I for one can't wait to try it out. Good luck in the remaining process and I'll definitely be keeping an eye :)

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
I really think you could be on to something huge with this. It sounds and looks like a GREAT idea so far, and I for one can't wait to try it out. Good luck in the remaining process and I'll definitely be keeping an eye :)
Glad to hear you are interested in the idea :)
I update this post every time I have major updates and I try to update the twitter page once each day with new information aswell :)

Reactions: Roachhie