Tips & Tricks How I Went from 100 subs to 5000!

Bijuu Mike (BijuuMike)

Freedom! Member
Nov 15, 2014
YouTube
If you are one of the MANY people that are struggling to gain views, subscribers, or the attention you deserve i know EXACTLY how you feel. in this video i share some tips that have helped me grow my channel from 100 subs to almost 5000 now in just a few months i really hope you get something out of this!

Hey Im Bijuu Mike i have been doing Youtube gaming videos for a little over a year know and i wanted to share some helpful tips that have led me to gain some serious growth in the past few months.

Step 1: Watch Your own Videos back!
You may just be recording and uploaded but never take the time to decide, is your videos good? It sounds silly but it is something you must do because you are your worst critic. Take some things from your videos that you can improve on and work on them, This could be more editing, more talking, or it may want you to improve your quality. If you find yourself not laughing from your own videos then don't expect others to find them great.

Step :2 Make Eye Catching Thumbnails and have great Titles.
You can spend all the time editing and making the most perfect video in the world but it will not mean a thing if nobody will click on your video because you were too lazy on your thumbnails and did not put any thought in your title. Think about the last time you were on YouTube and you found yourself watching some random video, now why did you click that video? I don't think i need to explain further.

Step 3: Learn about YouTube SEO: Search Engine Optimization
YouTube and google are the 2 biggest search engines in the world and Videos are sorted through categories and words. Its important that you do a little bit of research on what kind of words are associated with the type of video you are making. One thing i learned to do was to stop being lazy and not hardly putting anything in my descriptions. Its important to fill it up with as many words as you can that explains what your videos is about because this will help YouTube Sort your video out better with the many keywords. For tags make sure you are putting phrases people like yourself will actually type in the search bar.

Step 4: Create Call to Actions on Your Videos
Call to actions are ways you can drive viewers to either subscribe or to other videos or playlists. What i do is put a annotation in my popular videos that say "Want more? SUBSCRIBE" This makes it very simple to subscribe especially if they liked the video. Even if people liked your video it doesn't always mean they will subscribe.

Step 5: Share your content in appropriate places
Make sure you are sharing your videos in a non spamy way, instead of saying "SUBSCRIBE TO ME NOW!" you would first explain your video maybe in a funny way to get people to read and want to watch your video, Then empower the viewer by giving them the choice to watch more or maybe subscribing. Say something like "if you liked this video feel free to check out more of videos on my channel just like this one!"

Step 6: Engage with your audience
One of the worse things you can do once you get people to watch and comment is not responding to them. Remember that your audience is what makes your channel and you should always appreciate them even some of the bad comment could be taken good. Always respond it will make people come back for more.

Hope you got something out of this and if you are serious and passionate about YouTube then there is no way you wont grow! :) Check out the video to this guide here

M

Mammer244

Thank you very much for that video! Now I have to go through my channel and see what needs to be changed but your advice will be put to use:)

goshops

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 23, 2014
YouTube
It would be great to get some initial comments on my videos to respond to in the first place. That is rather frustrating. I feel I have a nice choice in thumbnails and also feel that my videos are good quality and entertaining... it's just that initial audience.

PlayerNotJump

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 4, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
It would be great to get some initial comments on my videos to respond to in the first place. That is rather frustrating. I feel I have a nice choice in thumbnails and also feel that my videos are good quality and entertaining... it's just that initial audience.
I understand man, I used to get 30 views with some comments on my videos, but then suddenly I dont know what happened, i dropped down to 5 views :( I almost gave upon youtube...

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
If you can't produce the greatest quality, produce the greater story. If you can make a video, story is everything and if people can become engaged with what happens in the video, then they will be more likely to stay around for the rest of it.

Remember, people have goldfish attention spans, so be sure to get something attracting to the eye of another person before you put whatever ridiculous 10 second video intro in the beginning, just to get them engaged in it. If you are not able to engage the viewer, you might as well not make the video.

Sam4jedi

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
1 year, 80 subs. No sub4sub, advertising on other channels, or clickbait. I feel proud of myself :) Now the journey to 100 then to reach my ultimate goal of 1000

StealthyWolf52

The WolfArmy will rise!
Freedom! Member
Jul 23, 2014
YouTube
Great tips, sadly it is still up to chance at this point, I did this all summer and only went from about 80 subs to 160, sure it's a gain, but it is still kind of demotivating after poring so many hours into it. I still want to make videos and stuff like that, but when you are getting no comments, low view to subscriber ratios, and little growth, it is hard to dedicate so much time into it. I never thought I'd get to where I am, but it doesn't feel like I at this point with so little interaction, oh well though, i'll do what makes me happy do yeah