Tips & Tricks Here some General Tips ;)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
So i have seen alot of posts where people ask for tips on Youtube. Now i am no expert but i hope these may be usefull :)

- Video thumbnails, make them catch the eye.
- A good banner is always nice with a Avatar that fits with it.
- A detailed about section with information on your channel.
- Links to Social media, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, even google+ could help you out!
- Detailed description beneath video's with the contents to be seen.
- Playlists! Order your categories and give the playlist a good description.
- Channel home page trailer and add your New and Populair uploads on the home screen, custom playlists is optional.
- Collaborate with other gamers and make use of info cards and annotations.
- Intro (optional) max 10 sec and End card maybe?
- Video's max 30 min (Depends per game, i for instance have video's from MMO gameplay wich are max 2H but scored 3K+ views at the moment)
- Live streaming, try it sometime and expand your audience by interacting while playing live.
- Featured List where you set each others channels, be advised that i would only do this with people you know.
- Make a website to go along with your channel and social media to create a nice overview.
- Tags, always use your channel name among your tags and use things that relate to the video and its content.
- Forums, be active, meet people and get your name out there.
- help others and they may return the favor

Did i miss something?

Last edited:

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
I have yet to create a channel trailer, but I cannot for the life of me think of how it should be xD One month I think of doing it one way, but in the end I do not like it, another month I think different ways, I can never settle in with one idea cause I always think that it should be better than my initial thought.

As for the other tips mentioned, I think I mostly got them covered but really it all depends on how the new viewer sees it. In my opinion I like the way I have my banner and thumbnails set now, and with time there will be little changes

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I have yet to create a channel trailer, but I cannot for the life of me think of how it should be xD One month I think of doing it one way, but in the end I do not like it, another month I think different ways, I can never settle in with one idea cause I always think that it should be better than my initial thought.

As for the other tips mentioned, I think I mostly got them covered but really it all depends on how the new viewer sees it. In my opinion I like the way I have my banner and thumbnails set now, and with time there will be little changes
Haha i know what you mean, everyday i think of ways to improve my channel. Made a new banner and avatar. Adjusted some small things in the description and things to make it more detailed. Only thing i could do is the thumbnails but i don't have the time at the moment. I need to replace 300+ thumbnails wich means alot of hours in GIMP haha

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Nice post...

If your a gamer, play games as soon as they come out, and give tips to the viewers as you find them...

Better yet, talk about games while they are still in development if you can...

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
The problem I have with creating a channel trailer, is basically that my brand of channel doesn't make very good ones. I could make a montage or something like that, but League isn't really good at showing personality via montage.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Moved to YouTube Resources and Tips, If people ask for tips, please re-direct them there! :)
Thanks for the heads up and will do :)

Nice post...

If your a gamer, play games as soon as they come out, and give tips to the viewers as you find them...

Better yet, talk about games while they are still in development if you can...
Good idea! At the moment i always maintained a gameplay only channel but i'm thinking about getting a good mic to add audio commentary. Pretty busy at the moment with work and my upcoming son but it is an option i keep in mind :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hail Kira

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
I need to review my whole content and try to improve from them, watching what I might have done right and wrong. This tips will help me!

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
Right now I can't have videos with 30 mins max. The most common is 40/50 mins each. But I receive many comments from people who tell me they actually like to watch a 1 hour video. I did an experiment with two videos around 1 hour each, but my YouTube analytics is 4/5 days behind (don't know why, tho) and I can't see if that's good or not.

Reactions: TwilightPrinze