Free Video Editing Software

hi there i am going to do a list of free video editing software so you don't have to look around

1.Windows Movie Maker 2012
2.Kate's Video Toolkit
3.Avidemux
4.VSDC Free Video Editor
5.MPEG Streamclip 1.2.1b6
6.VirtualDub
7.Free Video Dub
8.Lightworks
9 .Freemake Video Converter
10.NCH Video pad
i will add more to the list

Just my two cents since I've tried all of these programs...

Windows Movie Maker is very easy to use and it still provides really good results. Gets you used to the process of editing before moving on to better software. I highly recommend starting with Movie Maker!

FlamingMonocle

Freedom! Member
Pretty sure cracking it is illegal. My suggestion if you're after Vegas is to get the Movie Studio edition, which is very cheap, and still has far more features than your average YouTuber needs. Even I hold my hands up and say I could do what I do now using it. And you can pick copies up for £30 or your national currency's equivalent online.

Very surprised that discussion on obtaining software illegally is allowed here ಠ_ರೃ

BACK TO THE OP - great list! Another good list would be for mainstream edit software - with prices and links to buy. Don't think many folks realise they can have Adobe Premiere for £11/month!

Reactions: Neal

Minoumimi

Founder Of GameByteTV Network
Freedom! Member
Oct 15, 2014
Canada
www.gamebytetv.com
YouTube
networkgbtv
i highly suggest Lightworks freeware
unless u want 1080p 60fps
but it is totally worth buying it if you do want higher quality
Especially if you get the 50% student discount
But freeware version max export is ya 720p 30fps
Quality is amazing, super nice layout and UI
Very Very Very Quick Render time with Low Hardware Usage
Everything is simple and nicely Hidden away in subTabs instead of being all over the place
Pulp Fiction was made using this (y) (Y) that Alone made me Jump on it haha :D

not only quality is great but look how sexy my lightworks looks like
You see my taskbar but thats not my desktop you can change everything other then the shark
which is why i am getting a license to have it Red xD and since we do 60fps for indie and Dota Hubs

Dec 7, 2014
I'm a noob youtuber and have to rely on free ware till i can upgrade my computer and get my first job so could you add the links to the programs to download? listing is fine and all but I sorta need trusted downloads for I incandescently put a virus on my fathers old pc so it just ended up becoming a pile of scrap

Kloud

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2014
Nice list compilation! I have to say I love premiere pro and couldn't use anything else, and it's not that much since I get student discounts.

MasterPoke

Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2015
YouTube
Haven't seen this thrown out there yet, so I'll just drop it here as an fyi. A couple of my friends said they didn't want to use Movie Maker because they wouldn't be able to make their videos "HD". I did it a while ago, so I don't really remember the specifics of it, but you can download like, additional files for it, and then can render 720p or 1080p no problem! May be irrelevant info, but it is info nonetheless! :D

MasterPoke

Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2015
YouTube
Well, I tried to find where I got the files to make the Movie Maker HD thing happen, but I wasn't able to. I was looking for the specific place I got them though- I'm sure there's a bunch of different places that would have the necessary stuff. Somewhere on the world of Google!

MasterPoke

Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2015
YouTube
Illegal Activity:

Posting links to, recommending and referencing websites that contain or promote illegal content or activities for example those that allow the downloading of copyrighted material such as pirated software, torrents or any other downloadable that is illegal and is not permitted at Freedom! or any of our services. Breaking this rule is a permanent ban.

^Tuto, I think Mimi was more referring to how this is the forum rules, not how there are other ways to do that.

Reactions: Kan

TheOfficialBeast

Rising User
Jan 21, 2015
YouTube
TheOfclBeast
hi there i am going to do a list of free video editing software so you don't have to look around

1.Windows Movie Maker 2012
2.Kate's Video Toolkit
3.Avidemux
4.VSDC Free Video Editor
5.MPEG Streamclip 1.2.1b6
6.VirtualDub
7.Free Video Dub
8.Lightworks
9 .Freemake Video Converter
10.NCH Video pad

i will add more to the list

Sony Vegas And After Effects are the best editor in the Market...
These editor's require more RAM,GPU and Processor as well.But for the small PC's i would really say Camtasia Studio 8 that would be the best editor for small PC's.I've been using the Camtasia Editor for more than an Year.So it is your choice to select depending on your PC specs..

David Reeves

Freedom! Member
Dec 20, 2013
Hartlepool,England
www.youtube.com
I would like to put DaVinci Resolve Lite into the mix. This is a free version of their colour correction software that used to be for the most seasoned pro's but recently they added video editing into the mix and made it much MUCH simpler.

Don't forget at its core are some flexible colour correction tools for all you montage makers.

For me this is a main contender to Prem Pro and it's FREE. The only main limitations that I can see are;

- Motion Blur and Noise reduction effects are not included

- Most stereoscopic 3D editing tools aren't included

- No multiuser collaborative workflow(If you don't know what it is you probably don't do it)

- Maximum supported resolution is 4K (I doubt that's a problem here)

After typing that out I will just say F*** it read the comparisons for yourself
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/compare

You can see that the video editing and audio mixing utilities are very indepth, and the colour correction even more. Resulting in probably the most rich free video editor.

DOWNLOAD IT NOWWWWW....